Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question UH first traits for 7.2!

So guys, i am on ptr and on what i'm seeing if you currently have 54 traits on the weapon you can put atleast 4 new traits...what do you think about it? the new ones are better or we must focus on the 4Th ones (the existing ones i mean)

I plan to go Fleshsearer > Cunning of the Ebon Blade > Plaguebearer > Darkest Crusade > Deadliest Coil and then into the new traits. A lot of our current 3/3, future 4/4 traits are either purely defensive or just not very powerful.

You only unlock the new ones after you have all the old ones

My happiness has been crushed today. I don't think any of the online talent calculators made that apparent at all.

I believe the paragon traits dont count to unlock the new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    I believe the paragon traits dont count to unlock the new ones
    I was under the impression first paragon was required. That is, level 35 weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Gents

So I have a question regarding the "4 refunded AP points"

If I check the WoWhead Calculator, you can only put one point into Flesh Searer, however when I check the MMO-Champion calculator, you can still put up to 15 points into it

Which one will actually go live? If we are getting refunded AP, do we loose 14 points that we put into Flesh Searer, and Cunning of the Ebon Blade merely makes up for that loss?

Would love some clarity on this

Quote Originally Posted by dmchellfire View Post
    Hi Gents

So I have a question regarding the "4 refunded AP points"

If I check the WoWhead Calculator, you can only put one point into Flesh Searer, however when I check the MMO-Champion calculator, you can still put up to 15 points into it

Which one will actually go live? If we are getting refunded AP, do we loose 14 points that we put into Flesh Searer, and Cunning of the Ebon Blade merely makes up for that loss?

Would love some clarity on this
    You get 1 point in it, and there's a baseline buff coming to each class so everyone will feel as if they had 20 traits in it, but they won't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    You get 1 point in it, and there's a baseline buff coming to each class so everyone will feel as if they had 20 traits in it, but they won't
    Thanks

I do not see anything in the patch notes regarding a baseline buff, could you send me a link to this?

Thanks

I do not see anything in the patch notes regarding a baseline buff, could you send me a link to this?
    Fleshsearer at 20 ranks currently grants 14.5% bonus damage, and 15% Stamina (.75% Stam per rank). Fleshsearer itself is being converted to a single point trait that grants 5%, and the first trait on the new line of traits grants an additional 10% damage and 10% Stamina. This means we will lose HP after the patch, as we are losing 5% Stam, but gain .5% bonus damage (The total of 15% from Cunning of the Ebon Blade and the new single point Fleshsearer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raionyx View Post
    Fleshsearer at 20 ranks currently grants 14.5% bonus damage, and 15% Stamina (.75% Stam per rank). Fleshsearer itself is being converted to a single point trait that grants 5%, and the first trait on the new line of traits grants an additional 10% damage and 10% Stamina. This means we will lose HP after the patch, as we are losing 5% Stam, but gain .5% bonus damage (The total of 15% from Cunning of the Ebon Blade and the new single point Fleshsearer)
    Yeah, that's what I thought as well, so they are kind of giving us what we had, just adding a 0.5% damage buff, and allowing us 3 additional talents

First talent into Cunning of the Ebon Blade is a given
    Second talent might be well worth investing another point into Plaguebearer
    Third talent into The Darkest Crusade
    Fourth talent into Lash of Shadows

This is my wishlist, not sure how everyone else is going to talent, but this choice seems optimal to me given our top damage abilities

Quote Originally Posted by raionyx View Post
    The 0.75% stam per rank is additive through the entire weapon so that each point is worth proportionally less.

Quick example: Player has 100k HP. Each trait adds 750hp. Somebody with 34 traits will thus have 125.5k health and somebody with 54 traits will have 140.5k health - 140.5 / 125.5 = 1.1195x, not 1.15x.

This is because the additional health is based on your base health, not your health after the multiplier. +750hp may be +0.75% to somebody at 100k health but when your final health pool is 125.5k already, it's only +0.59% relative to what you have - a proportionally smaller increase to the previous traits.

---

The +10% stam for the new trait is multiplicative so it doesn't work that same way.

Prepatch we have this: 54*0.75 = 40.5% + 100% = 140.5%
    Post-patch we have: 38*0.75 = 28.5% + 100% *1.1 = 141.35%

Anybody who had 54 traits in their weapon will instantly be able to buy up to trait 38 so they will actually gain a little bit of stam. Anyone who didn't have 54 will have been missing some stam-per-trait-levels and they'll get the *1.1x multiplier so they should gain stam too.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-03-28 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I was under the impression first paragon was required. That is, level 35 weapon.
    yes the first paragon is required

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    The 0.75% stam per rank is additive through the entire weapon so that each point is worth proportionally less.

Quick example: Player has 100k HP. Each trait adds 750hp. Somebody with 34 traits will thus have 125.5k health and somebody with 54 traits will have 140.5k health - 140.5 / 125.5 = 1.1195x, not 1.15x.

This is because the additional health is based on your base health, not your health after the multiplier. +750hp may be +0.75% to somebody at 100k health but when your final health pool is 125.5k already, it's only +0.59% relative to what you have - a proportionally smaller increase to the previous traits.

---

The +10% stam for the new trait is multiplicative so it doesn't work that same way.

Prepatch we have this: 54*0.75 = 40.5% + 100% = 140.5%
    Post-patch we have: 38*0.75 = 28.5% + 100% *1.1 = 141.35%

Anybody who had 54 traits in their weapon will instantly be able to buy up to trait 38 so they will actually gain a little bit of stam. Anyone who didn't have 54 will have been missing some stam-per-trait-levels and they'll get the *1.1x multiplier so they should gain stam too.
    I was actually unaware that the 10% new stam was not additive with the stam from current weapon traits. I assumed it was basically a functional band-aid for the loss of 19 points on weapon, and was thus additive.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I plan to go Deadliest Coil first due to having the Death's March helm (which was recently buffed to add 10% damage to DC) and shittons of mastery. Then Darkest Crusade and finally Plaguebearer, for starters. Of course, the first thing you should get is Cunning of the Ebon Blade.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    I took Cunning of the Ebon Blade, 2x Lash of Shadows and 1x Darkest Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    You only unlock the new ones after you have all the old ones
    You don't need 4/4 in all the old ones to unlock the new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I took Cunning of the Ebon Blade, 2x Lash of Shadows and 1x Darkest Crusade.

You don't need 4/4 in all the old ones to unlock the new ones.
    I almost went the same route, but went Plaguebearer, Cunning, 2x Lash, will probably go for Darkest Crusade next, or a 3rd rank into Lash, because the faster you get that 3 Rune refund on Apoc, the better

I almost went the same route, but went Plaguebearer, Cunning, 2x Lash, will probably go for Darkest Crusade next, or a 3rd rank into Lash, because the faster you get that 3 Rune refund on Apoc, the better
    You sure about that? It's utterly useless as a trait. 3 runes! Wow not like I'm resource and GCD capped already.......

Wouldn't be completely awful if it at least addressed 4-5 stack openers but alas it's just a terrible trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You sure about that? It's utterly useless as a trait. 3 runes! Wow not like I'm resource and GCD capped already.......

Wouldn't be completely awful if it at least addressed 4-5 stack openers but alas it's just a terrible trait.
    Coupled with the T20 2&4-P bonus its rather nice. With the 2-P you can immediately burst 3 ghouls or with 4-P follow it up with army.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Coupled with the T20 2&4-P bonus its rather nice. With the 2-P you can immediately burst 3 ghouls or with 4-P follow it up with army.
    Sorry to be combative here but you want to rush to unlock a currently useless trait for a set bonus you won't have access to for at least a month, probably 2 or 3. More to the point though the 2 piece is DC not SS so no it doesn't help there and you already could if you did have access to the set. As for whether it lines up with the 4 piece then do you even know they will be lining up?