Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    UNless you are aiming to raid in high end Mythic raiding guilds, there is nothing very demanding about WoW at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

if that's the best answer you can give, I feel terribly sorry for you. Since I've had friends come back to WoW only recently that are already running heroic raids.
    Well if your mental capacity extends that of an orangutan you'll surely notice that I compared Legion to previous expansions while I was making my assessment about the game's status in terms of comeback demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Now i start missing WoW a little bit, but the giant hurdle for me, is still the levelling process. The 10+ hours of - in my opinion - mindless level grind towars the end game, which is what i miss, does not apeal to me. That and the fact, that, from what i have read, i would be MILES behind in any Artifact Power grind, to get into any raid team at this point, make it seems like its not worth getting back.
    Well....it IS a MMORPG. Its for people who like to immerse themselves in a game world for hours by leveling and socializing.

It sounds like you just want a raiding game.

In Legion there is extra gating.

1. Level up to 110 in the new zones on the "Broken Isles" continent.
    2. Complete a long artifact quest for your class in order to unlock your artifact weapon and all 3 of its relic slots. The relic slots are essential so it cannot be skipped.
    3. Reach friendly will all 5 factions to unlock world quests.
    4. Complete your class order hall campaign to get complete access to your order hall. This is not just gated by like 30-50 quests but it is time gated as well because you need to complete anywhere from 10-20 garrison missions along the way (depending on your class), each mission you queue up at your mission table / board one at a time and each one takes hours.
    5. Remember to complete all SEVEN stages of your tech tree in your order hall. All of them. You need them.
    6. Remember to always have your artifact research queued up.
    7. NOW you should have gone to the auction house and bought a cheap belt, cloak,and hat (hopefully just 1-2k gold each) to boost your ilvl.
    8. NOW you run all the world quests because each one has a chance to drop gear and also can drop legendaries.
    9. Once you reach ilvl 825 you can start running LFR for the chance at more gear and legendaries.
    10. If you want to pursue professions, there are actually some lengthy questlines and discoveries for all of them.
    11. oh hey RAIDING!

Compare this to vanilla where it was:

1. reach level 60.
    2. run 5 mans, socialize, have fun
    3. start raiding
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

worst expo for alts, returning players, or people who want to main swap.

Got a mage to 110, spent ages doing those boring missions and upgrading townhalls, and proceed to get two of the most useless utilities legendaries.

Too much rng in this expansion, esp the legendaries. Way too frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    if that's the best answer you can give, I feel terribly sorry for you. Since I've had friends come back to WoW only recently that are already running heroic raids.
    Yes, it is, the boring grind that never ends. Someone running this and that is anecdotal. Most people that come back don't have "friends" to carry their ass around and boost them, they'll have to grind through the gated AK. Especially one with 15 alts, I doubt he's the party dude. They'll have to try to join unknown people with "over 9000" ilvl requirements, or "create their own group" which no one would join anyway, cause no "over 9000" ilvl.

Btw, it still takes 75 days to get the level 25 AK? That's "brilliant" from Blizzard... "How can we keep people subscribed? Should we create interesting content or gated shit that emulates the old talent trees we already said multiple times they suck ass?"

I think it's certainly possible. If you want to level fast and get through what you find to be a boring time then download the addon conslegion it has a TLDR arrow for quest direction and what to do in a brief box. You can level 100-110 in probably 7-10hrs its not too bad once you get past about 104 it starts to go a lot faster it seems.

You might have to start slow get 110, get 2 legendaries, LFR , some M+ until high enough ilvl to pug normal then hope for heroics etc. If you're playing solo I recommend a hybrid class that can tank/heal so you get faster ques and invites to groups since if you're a pure dps trying to join M+ so far behind the curve you will get declined on 95% of groups. Yet as a tank/healer they might have been waiting a while and will just invite you anyway. I solo play myself and am a prot pally tank got up to 892 ilvl equipped which is enough to join a heroic raid team maybe even first 3 mythic if I really wanted to but I don't like organized raiding and having to schedule my playing for internet strangers so pug life is enough for me.

I say try it out 7.2 is a good time as well for catch up gear with the tokens they have added kind of like tanaan jungle tokens that drop or you can buy from vendor for gear slots . Try for one month see if you like it still or enjoy quick moba/fps games instead.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Yes, it is, the boring grind that never ends. Someone running this and that is anecdotal. Most people that come back don't have "friends" to carry their ass around and boost them, they'll have to grind through the gated AK. Especially one with 15 alts, I doubt he's the party dude. They'll have to try to join unknown people with "over 9000" ilvl requirements, or "create their own group" which no one would join anyway, cause no "over 9000" ilvl.
    lolwut? Most people I know that have come back recently found Guilds to raid with. Not carried.

Like I've said in many threads like this, people that complain it is a Grind don't actually know what a Grind is and are just ADHD kids that want instant gratification.

You could skip a lot of steps by purchasing some wow tokens for $20 each, selling the tokens for gold, and then buying in-game services from other players for gold. People will run you thru heroic and mythic dungeons and raids for gold. they will run you thru an artifact grind for gold. its legal. if you just wanted to raid and skip a lot of it, that's one way to do it.

Blizzard doesn't OVERTLY sell leveling services to 110. They don't OVERTLY sell gear. But Blizzard actually does sell levels and raid gear. They simply have found a tricky way to subvert the marketplace so that they get a cut via the wow token. Players have accepted it because there's not a direct link. But they don't ban players for selling services for gold, and Blizzard sells gold via the token.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-03-27 at 04:28 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    If you would want to play casually, then WoW is ok - except if you are an altoholic, then you would have a hard time if you want to do more than world quests and occasional heroics with your alts. I cannot comment on raids, though.

Deleted
    Considering in 7.2 a returning player will be able to get to AK26 and 36 traits in less than a week, you can 100% come back and do whatever you want.

Is it to late to try and join a top 10 Mythic Progression Raiding guild, possibly but that was probably the case every expansion at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Btw, it still takes 75 days to get the level 25 AK? That's "brilliant" from Blizzard... "How can we keep people subscribed? Should we create interesting content or gated shit that emulates the old talent trees we already said multiple times they suck ass?"
    Erm ok, you clearly have no idea how AK works in 7.1.5 let alone in 7.2.

Deleted
    Yes, wow could be too demanding even at casual level. You're off the hook, do not comeback.

@Syldarin, no, it's not demanding.

In 7.2 you'll be able to get 25AK on any char, even on a new one, pretty easily, but you'll have to pay 500OHR per AK lvl. You'll get AK26 shortly after that. 35 traits cost <7kk AP, at AK26 you'll be getting 100k - 200k AP per WQ, so you'll need to complete ~50 WQs that reward AP to get 35 traits in your brand new weapon.

Getting your OH up to date will be easier too, researches are MUCH faster and cheaper now.

Blizz will also retune HC dungeons and rewards they yield, WQs' item reward ilvl cap will be set higher too.

Anyone who says that it's too demanding is either derailing this thread on purpose, or salty about something. Or they don't play the game atm, but enjoy spending time on MMOC and hating on it, it's kinda trendy thing to do nowadays.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-27 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    I came back 1 1/2 months ago and am now 897 Gear ranked and took part in my guilds Heroic Gul'dan kill. I got all my resurch knowlage done last week so I have more or less caught up apart from my Artifact power (lvl 39) which is, as people have said no a problem as of 7.2 No it is not hard to get back into it. If you still have friends who are willing to run you through a few M+ dungons and willing to do world quests when you get 30 free a night you will catch up in no time at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest returning only if you have friends\guild to play with.
    Anything, no matter how shitty and retarded it is, can be enjoyed with right people around you.

If you a loner or don't have many contacts in game - never even think of returning, this game is no longer worth it.
    Last edited by Crimewave; 2017-03-27 at 09:23 AM.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Word is that 7.2 you can buy AK to 25, where you immediately get a quest for AK 26,
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Considering in 7.2 a returning player will be able to get to AK26 and 36 traits in less than a week
    In 7.2 you'll be able to get 25AK on any char, even on a new one, pretty easily, but you'll have to pay 500OHR per AK lvl. You'll get AK26 shortly after that.
    this sounds nice

so in 7.2 you can buy AK25 on a brand new char instantly, with zero waiting as long as you have the OHR ? after that you get AK26 via quest and only after that - for AK27+ do you have to start waiting 3-5 days for each new level ? is that correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so in 7.2 you can buy AK25 on a brand new char instantly, with zero waiting as long as you have the OHR ? after that you get AK26 via quest and only after that - for AK27+ do you have to start waiting 3-5 days for each new level ? is that correct ?
    Yes. /10char

To remain competitive in a mythic guild it was too much for me. If you plan to do heroic raiding or only the first couple mythic bosses I would say its probably fine.

Deleted
    True man. Im just fine with a heroic guild to start off with.

- - - Updated - - -

This actually sounds pretty good. As i said before, im not all about the progression, but raiding, crafting, dungouns and such is fine. I just dont want to sink my spare time into something which might not help me get what i want to do in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by xylotism View Post
    This. I just came back recently (shortly before 7.1.5) and I'm starting on Mythic Nighthold and fully prepped to move into 7.2/Tomb with 6 alts at 110.

It definitely helps to find a competent raiding guild that has alt runs you can tag along with to get geared up, but it's completely doable regardless.

I'd argue with the value of AP being diminished, artifact knowledge catchup, most gear being elevated in 7.2 and the changes to legendaries, there hasn't really been a better time to jump into the game, for Legion or ANY expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the order hall quest can be done on the way to 110 and the only "grind" you have after that is Artifact Knowledge... The World Quest and LFR gear you gain while getting to AK 25 will get you up to Normal level if not early Heroic.

None of that other stuff is necessary to get to endgame raiding, outside of Mythic.
    Laugh whats end game raiding to you? Emeralds nightmare? Because right now End game is Nighthold soon to be tomb of sagareas and any actual raider / raid leader wont bring some scrub who aint geared and is going to weigh the raid down. Its like the amusement park rides if you aint this high you dont go. So if you dont have atleast 880 item lvl you dont go to nighthold. Your smoking some good stuff thou which a post like this I gotta say. Gear is RNG Dropped ontop of RNG. If your real damn lucky sure you might be 860 item lvl in a week. If you choose not to buy all your gear with a fresh 110 and being this guys first 110 then you play the RNG game.
    Otherwise you get 865 gear if you got the gold and then have to work for the rest of your gear. I mean Work for it.

Take me for instance I run mythic keystones like crazy Ive seen 0 pieces of actual loot drop in a month. The only time I get gear and only if it isnt same slot I already got is once a week from the keystone weekly chests.
    Legendaries a different story I received 3 in less then a months time. for a total of 4 which took 6 months to acquire.

You still have to put in the time for Artifact Knowledge no matter what you say. It is not worth it to jump into this grind fest anymore.
    Now if the guy wants to fly he has to grind like crazy rep, Quests, world quests, basically everything.
    If he by chance wants a profession not that they are that great anymore except maybe enchanting / flask/potion making then he has to grind that up too.
    If hes broke, well guess what gotta grind that gold up too because most professions are Garbage money makers now.
    If he wants the wellfare 860 gear that is getting a boost tommrrow then guess what he has to grind up order hall resources.
    If he wants to do the research guess what gotta grind up more order hall resources.
    If he wants to raise his weapon he has to grind up artifact power.
    If he wants to do 2 of the mythic dungeons grind up rep to unlock them.
    Get where im going here. Grind grind grind.

Theres more grind in this game then there has ever been. EVER.
    Oh by the way you want to be competitive and have a good weapon because theres new traits being released guess what you need to grind up everything rep, the 35 traits, and basically unlock everything else otherwise guess what your not getting a spot in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    I used to raid 3-5 times a week for 8 years of WoW, altough i ended my WoD career pretty casually. I have not played legion at all. I got new job and new GF, just as it launched, and simply could not find the time/energy to start the leveling process. I have 15 lvl 100 characters, so its a bit of a job.

I have played a great deal of Overwatch, since its a fastpaced, 10-15 minute thrill each game. So its not so demanding and timeconsuming.

Now i start missing WoW a little bit, but the giant hurdle for me, is still the levelling process. The 10+ hours of - in my opinion - mindless level grind towars the end game, which is what i miss, does not apeal to me. That and the fact, that, from what i have read, i would be MILES behind in any Artifact Power grind, to get into any raid team at this point, make it seems like its not worth getting back.

Please answer me this: Is there any way someone could enter the game at this point, and get even remotely geared/AP relevant to make any kind og raid team?

I have not read anywhere of any kind of XP boosting flasks, like in WoD, and noone talks about gearing/playing alts. Is it really so impossible for new players, to be able to make an impact at this state of the game?

Please, this is not a troll post, but real questions from someone who misses WoW, but dont know if its worth investing time in still.

Yeah, it's not worth it. You'll be miles behind AK and AP, no matter what. Their catchup mechanisms don't work like people believe they do.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.