Poll: Do you like Odyn?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well hes not really done anything to defend Azeroth yet. And his people tend to be rampaging asses who dont seem to care a lick about anything other than self gratification. Infact, it would seem that Tyr's and his followers have inadvertently been a bigger aid to azeroth than Odyn and his Valajar.

Hell he goes on and on about Valor despite so far having done nothing valorous since the first war against the old gods millinia ago.
    please remember that the Valajar Stormforged are his people. Not the vrykuls themself. And it became kinda hard to defend azeroth the moment he got stuck in the Skyhold and the halls of valor.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I don't like him at all. it's sad that in Legion we're actually forced to kill Helya who was actually the real victim in here. She was bound to Odyn's will and refused to do his bidding when he went on a childish rampage and decided to create the halls of valor and create his own army of "worthy warriors", then killed Helya who was supposed to bring him the souls of the worthy mortals. I don't know why Blizzard decided to kill Helya.
    Because she tried to enslave us, and use us like pets for eternity when we asked her if we could politely leave that hellish place?

I don't get why you said that she was a victim, she tried to ENSLAVE us while we were trying to stop the Legion....

Did you even lvl through stormheim, or must I bring up the whole Val'kyr, sylvanas BS?

Litterally the Horde side of the Hellheim story: Sylvanas: We're the Hordes only hopes, champion.

Champion: Can I leave with her, cause I kind of have a mission to do...

Helya: UNWORTHY! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR NEW ENSLAVER! MY PET SHALL RIP YOU APART! AHAHAHAHA

Champions: ...

*Kills Helya's pet*

Helya: AHHHHHH!!!!! I'LL KILL YOU...

CHampion: ....God I just wanna kill her...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    He's prove that order alone makes nothing. Helya is just in anything she believed and before she acted in disappointment. Titans are failures just as many humans. There are no brighter figures in the universe of WoW.
    Other than the Naaru....

Hell, even THEY can become corrupted bitches...

Remember M'uru? Or K'ara?

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I didn't like the Valarjar zone at all because it was blatant attempt at "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE COOL VRYKUL ZONE SHIT IN WOTLK, LOOK, SHIT YOU LIKED, NOSTALGIA!", except they went so over the top now that just like with crapdaria, they copy pasted the entire norse mythology into the game from A-Z, to the point where it's no longer just inspired by, like Tauren are from native Americans, but literal copy paste with different names, a la marshes of crapdaria.
    It was borderline acceptable with WOTLK because it was interwoven with the old gods, but even there ffs they did the whole ice giants story and goddamn everything.

I hate how much they do of this shit lately, even in Cataclysm they did it with Indiana Jones, it's like they have no more originality in them. Warcraft always put stuff from our culture in it, but since Cataclysm the blatant lack of originality is disgusting.

I thought Odyn (ODIN FFS) was retarded as was the entire Helya storyline. Especially since his human-ish form was voice by that unbearable lorewalker dipshit voice from pandaland.
    It's called artistic license... Like Marvel copied Norse mythology as well. Just like God of War copied greek mythology but their is no such child called Kratos that Zeus fathered. You should really wake up to the other artistic licensing too. Some go back decades. I mean the whole Tauren thing is copied from Egyptian mythology including the mother sun aspect which resides in the same mythos with two eyes representing one being the sun and then other the moon, thrown with the Native culture and Shamanism.

As for the nostalgia, you clearly missed that the Vrykul and Odyn go hand in hand. Odyn was part of the titanic watchers in Ulduar before he upped and left because of the proposal in making the Dragonflight, so he was actually in Northrend before Lich King came hobbing in and before potentially Azshara made the landmass go kaboom. There was always a clear missing gap in titanic watchers assemblage so they clearly wanted to add to it or they did and only just released it as it bears more relevance, with the whole Tyr suggestive thing he was in lore and made more apparent to con-inside with Odyn as Tyr worked together against Ragnaros it's all there so check the Holy Paladin artefact lore for a better understanding. Also, the vrykul journeyed to the Broken Shore to be with Odyn and used quite possibly the Path of the Titans which would have remained intact before the Sundering. It's also why Eyir is there and val'kyr too because Eyir can make them. You know the same val'kyr that Lich King has and Sylvanas pinched. I'm sorry if you clearly missed it all. Especially when Odyn himself announces he would like to go back to Ulduar.

Aside that, he is a fool and whatnot but not everyone is going to agree with proposed happenings. Still he for now seems an arrogant asswipe but so was Illidan before we realised what was actually being done and what is going to happen.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-03-24 at 04:22 PM.

While I might not love EVERYTHING he does...

I like him...

Well hey, atleast he makes me feel as if i'm an adventurer again, while he's the true guy....

I love Brodyn.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Because she tried to enslave us, and use us like pets for eternity when we asked her if we could politely leave that hellish place?

I don't get why you said that she was a victim, she tried to ENSLAVE us while we were trying to stop the Legion....

Did you even lvl through stormheim, or must I bring up the whole Val'kyr, sylvanas BS?

Litterally the Horde side of the Hellheim story: Sylvanas: We're the Hordes only hopes, champion.

Champion: Can I leave with her, cause I kind of have a mission to do...

Helya: UNWORTHY! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR NEW ENSLAVER! MY PET SHALL RIP YOU APART! AHAHAHAHA

Champions: ...

*Kills Helya's pet*

Helya: AHHHHHH!!!!! I'LL KILL YOU...

CHampion: ....God I just wanna kill her...

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the Naaru....

Hell, even THEY can become corrupted bitches...

Remember M'uru? Or K'ara?
    She was forcibly soul raped and forced to live an eternity as the keeper of the dead by Odyn.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    While I might not love EVERYTHING he does...

I like him...

Well hey, atleast he makes me feel as if i'm an adventurer again, while he's the true guy....

If a old man screaming valor at you makes you feel like an adventurer, what did people yelling "savage" at you in WoD make you feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I definitely love his flaming beard. I want it so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If a old man screaming valor at you makes you feel like an adventurer, what did people yelling "savage" at you in WoD make you feel?

Them screaming savage reminded me of those Dank Meme vines i've been seeing recently...

Other than that, fuck WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude has a flaming beard, that's all the motivation I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysd View Post
    I definitely love his flaming beard. I want it so bad.
    Maybe next Expansion mate...

Or in 7.3...who knows...

Nope, I hate the guy.

Ran off because he didn't get his way, forces people into servitude, he's a stupid and powerful brat. I'd rather have served Helya, even if she was evil, which was only because Odyn was a moron.

Still complain that I can't kill him everytime I see the bastard and feel awful for setting him free by killing poor Helya...

Sure, I may be his supposed champion or Valarjar or whatever, wielding his prized warswords, but he's still just that boss you really hate working for and plan to murder the first chance you get...

I'm innocent I tell ya! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Dude has a flaming beard, that's all the motivation I need.
    One day flaming beard will be a head item. I know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are meant to feel about him, what you wish to feel. He's a titan construct whom has gone off the beaten path, moved a section of Ulduar with him, together with Helya to do their own. He's there to present you with other views of the world.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It definitely seems like we are supposed to side with Odyn. It seems weird from the Chronicle, but I'm pretty sure Legion already retconned that part of the Chronicle. I've posted about it before and there was some doubt, but I'm still pretty convinced of it. For reference:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sing-Something

In the Chronicle, Odyn felt upstaged by the dragons and came up with his own plan to defend Azeroth, which led him to forcefully creating the val'kyr because no one wanted to be undead and he needed them to be. Helya and the val'kyr eventually broke free and betrayed him.

In Legion, Odyn was always charged with creating an army and formed the val'kyr, who are beings of Light that everyone seems to see as an honor to become. Helya betrayed him and the val'kyr at some point, forcing her to create the kvaldir to imitate Odyn.

In other words, nothing bad that Odyn did seems to be true anymore. It doesn't seem to just be an unreliable narrator thing either, because it includes out-of-universe things like the Dungeon Journal, and not even Helya seems to bother defending herself in Legion.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-03-24 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Thors dad is always a favourite

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like Oydn quite a lot.

I love that he goes with his instinct and that he can use it to turn tides in overwhelming battles as well not have a position of black and white "good or evil" character archetype. Despite being a keeper, he's relatable and fun to be around. He likes a good fight and challenging his champions in order to make them more formidable warriors. It's a very oldschool style of character that you rarely see in games these days. Sure, he's flawed, made a few bad decisions, and is grey on the morality scale, but he's fun and lifelike, unlike the other keepers.

Also, having flaming beard is instant points in my book, it's pretty badass.

In short, I don't like characters that are boring, Oydn isn't boring or boring to be around. His house is essentially a celestial armory, sparring pit, and feasting hall... it's awesome.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I find it hard to not like the dude since my main is a warrior. He's certainly no saint though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    It definitely seems like we are supposed to side with Odyn. It seems weird from the Chronicle, but I'm pretty sure Legion already retconned that part of the Chronicle. I've posted about it before and there was some doubt, but I'm still pretty convinced of it. For reference:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sing-Something

In the Chronicle, Odyn felt upstaged by the dragons and came up with his own plan to defend Azeroth, which led him to forcefully creating the val'kyr because no one wanted to be undead and he needed them to be. Helya and the val'kyr eventually broke free and betrayed him.

In Legion, Odyn was always charged with creating an army and formed the val'kyr, who are beings of Light that everyone seems to see as an honor to become. Helya betrayed him and the val'kyr at some point, forcing her to create the kvaldir to imitate Odyn.

In other words, nothing bad that Odyn did seems to be true anymore. It doesn't seem to just be an unreliable narrator thing either, because it includes out-of-universe things like the Dungeon Journal, and not even Helya seems to bother defending herself in Legion.
    Stuff does seem to be getting more and more changed around with Odyn.

In 7.2 we learn he's been hosting tournaments for thousands of years for all mortal races in the halls of valor. Mortals always show up his own fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Urge to have furious sex with few jungle muscle girls.

Wait, what ?