Poll: Do you like Odyn?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's ok, nothing special. I'm nervous with what he will end up doing because of Il'gynoth's "The lord of ravens will turn the key." whisper in EN. I hope he won't be the one to usher in the Old Gods, willing or not.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we were supposed to like him. The lore makes it very clear that he's a giant golden asshole. But we are supposed to understand we needed his backing. That's less ambiguous. It's very much a case of dealing with an unpleasant jackass for the greater good, like when the Horde had to deal with Garrosh as Warchief before he really lost his shit or the Alliance with Varian pre-character development.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I don't think we were supposed to like him. The lore makes it very clear that he's a giant golden asshole. But we are supposed to understand we needed his backing. That's less ambiguous. It's very much a case of dealing with an unpleasant jackass for the greater good, like when the Horde had to deal with Garrosh as Warchief before he really lost his shit or the Alliance with Varian pre-character development.
    I think they legit wanted to make him someone you look up to, some "jolly badass warrior god" character. I'd be fine with him as is if he wasn't the main man of the warrior class hall - and I use 'warrior' loosely here, they're overshadow by the vrykul pretty big time there

I wonder what the poll would look like on the warrior forums lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    I think they legit wanted to make him someone you look up to, some "jolly badass warrior god" character. I'd be fine with him as is if he wasn't the main man of the warrior class hall - and I use 'warrior' loosely here, they're overshadow by the vrykul pretty big time there

I wonder what the poll would look like on the warrior forums lol
    If that was their goal, making him responsible for most of the shit that's going on in Stormheim (by throwing Helya under the bus, which in turn got her in touch with Sylvanas, which was a whole other thing) is an odd way to go about it. He always felt like someone I could trust as an ally, but wouldn't want anything to do with as a person, much like the Odin of Norse mythology.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

TBH I think the reason they made him such an unlikable blowhard is because he's going to become the host for Sargeras' World Soul, since they made a point of him being intended as the carrier of Aman'thul's but because he got himself imprisoned it ended up going to Ra-Den.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Do you do anything other than whine about vrykulls, warriors, warrior vrykulls, order halls and whatever on this forum?
    Nope.topkek
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I don't like him at all. it's sad that in Legion we're actually forced to kill Helya who was actually the real victim in here. She was bound to Odyn's will and refused to do his bidding when he went on a childish rampage and decided to create the halls of valor and create his own army of "worthy warriors", then killed Helya who was supposed to bring him the souls of the worthy mortals. I don't know why Blizzard decided to kill Helya.
    But our characters don't know that. We as players know that because of the Chronicles. And Helya is certainly evil now. I think she was beyond saving personally. As far as our characters know, Odyn is a good guy, because he certainly isn't going to tell us the history between him and Helya.

I have a feeling he is going to be the one to usher in the Old Gods at the end of the expansion ("The Lord of Ravens will turn the key."). I think he's going to be manipulated into doing so.

His beard looks like at giant molten ballsack and I don't like his voice acting.

If Odyn is too vainglorious for you, then that is your problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaNinja View Post
    Thors dad is always a favourite
    You mean Thorim's dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Could you please show the court on this doll where the big mean Pandaren touched you?
    yeah. gotta say it took me a while to pick out the angst at MOP in his rant. Not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I reckon we should have saved Helya and deposed Odyn, honestly.
    she smelled too strongly of fish
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Anyway, the phenomenon we see here with Odyn is what we call "Designated Hero". In short, writer responsible for his portrayal in Legion is a fucking wanker.
    Or perhaps you are too weak to take all that valorous, honorable glory head on. Real men can bathe in his glorious valor and honor his heroic deeds.

Like being locked out by his EX. How miserable !
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-03-25 at 03:38 PM.

I sure as fuck like him more than Helya.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    His beard looks like at giant molten ballsack and I don't like his voice acting.
    Same voice actor as Khadgar.

I like Odyn's character.

He reminds me a bit of some psychological studies. Did you know there is a an easy test to find out which doctors are most likely to be sued? Just look at where in their class they graduated. The people at the top of their class are usually the best doctors because they excel at focusing on their job to the point where their social skills suffer. These doctors get sued THE MOST. The best doctors actually wind up leaving the profession because of legal issues. There are cases where a nurse or some practicioner totally unrelated to the doctor made a mistake and the patient instead wanted to sue the doctor because he might have been a little rude. Conversely, the WORST doctors almost never get sued because they tend to have the best social skills.

So the medical profession weeds out the best doctors and keeps the worst ones, based on social skills.

This happens in the workplace in general, where the best workers are the best because they can focus the best but it comes at the expense of social skills, so they wind up ostracized in the office because they said the wrong thing once and eventually get driven out.

Odyn kinda reminds me of this. Hes really good at his task because he focuses and devotes himself to it but lacks social skills so he pretty much got removed by getting locked into the halls. Altho he went too far with helya to be sure.

Knowing what i know, i tend to cringe when i see this occur in the office or anywhere and i see it a lot. Its really shitty

- - - Updated - - -

Im on a tangent but if you need surgery and want drastically up your odds of getting a good surgeon, talk to them. If they have good bedside manner, get someone else. If they make social miscues, pick that one.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-03-25 at 06:26 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I am with the OP on this one. Odyn is a piece of shit and he is responsible for making Helya into what she is. He enslaved her and now that she doesn't obey him he makes us, the guys without much choice if we want to enjoy the game, go kill her.

Tbh if possible I'd have kept odyn locked up in the warrior class hall.
    His whole character annoys me.
    Devs completly fuck up the (titan-forged)character; they were the persons in charge. So yeah, grats for those who hated Norse mythos in general and Odin in particular already; and topkek for the others who knew the mythos and did not seen this coming.

When I read Chronicle I honestly thought it would wind up with us helping Helya defeat Odyn, not the other way around. I was surprised and disappointed to meet her and see how twisted and villainlike she had become. Understandable, I guess, but fuck Odyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    When I read Chronicle I honestly thought it would wind up with us helping Helya defeat Odyn, not the other way around. ]I was surprised and disappointed to meet her and see how twisted and villainlike she had become. Understandable, I guess, but fuck Odyn.
    Ya, but Wow devs seem to want Odyn to be a fair character now. So it works against Helya. I stand corrected, devs do what they can do, and lore is messed up, just F*ck the Chronicle, to begin with?

Well, Odin in Norse Mythology was awesome but a douche nonetheless only really eclipsed by Zeus in the Greek Pantheon.

As I like Norse Mythology, I like Odyn's depiction and Stormheim is basically my favourite zone in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Devs completly fuck up the (titan-forged)character; they were the persons in charge. So yeah, grats for those who hated Norse mythos in general and Odin in particular already; and topkek for the others who knew the mythos and did not seen this coming.
    Well, they have been screwing* over Titanic Watchers since Vanilla, I don't know how it is a surprise to you now?

* Killed Archaedas
    * Loken who was the Prime Designate in place of Odyn went bonkers, so we killed him as a dungeon fodder
    * Beaten sense into Ulduar's Keepers
    * Poor Jotun was cursed
    * Tyr was screwed over even before we got to see him
    * The keepers in Halls of Origination (Rajh, Isiset, Ammunae, Setesh and probably Anraphet) were made into dungeon fodder that we killed.
    * Poor Ra went into depression, only to be enslaved by a titan forged. Then we found and beaten some sense into him

Blizzard general handling of Titan Keepers haven't been really stellar except for a few quest lines (aka Sneaking into Temple of Storms and the Trials of Valor questline tied to acquiring the Aegis)