Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Awake, going to post some clarifications for those in the thread:

- He is indeed an altoholic, so that's a reason why he has so few legendaries on his Rogue.
    - He's a teacher and parent, so coupled with the altoholic bit, not able to put a ton of farm time for legendary items into his Rogue.
    - The guild itself is casual/"Semi-hardcore" in the sense that we have good players, and we continue doing the next hardest content when able, but we only raid 2 nights a week for 3 hours. So we eventually cleared heroic, and stepped into mythic as a result.

As to why the Outlaw; again, we're a casual guild, he's played Combat/Outlaw since vanilla wow, at this point it's just burned into him I believe. So it's why I came to figure out if that's how it is, I'm going to try my best to make it work to its highest capability, even if it's not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    I have a super-casual friend whom has 4, and he isn't even trying, so 3 is actually very, really, low.
    We probably don't have the same definition of "super-casual". For getting 4 legendaries with my luck would mean playing every day for 3 hours for 8 months.
    I don't know what kind of job you're doing to allow you to play that much, but I know a lot of people that wouldn't be able to get that much legendaries.

Anyway, I'm tired of arguing. I guess it's a waste of time if everyone is entlited to their own opinion.
    I'm saying it's perfectly possible to get a low legendary count while still trying to do our best to invest into our chars. You both don't. What can I say ? 1 vs 2, you're probably right.

I'm done.

Peace.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-03-25 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Math brain fart. It'd take me 8 months instead of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Anyway, I'm tired of arguing. I guess it's a waste of time if everyone is entlited to their own opinion.
    I'm saying it's perfectly possible to get a low legendary count while still trying to do our best to invest into our chars. You both don't.
    At no point i was trying to say you have to invest x hours per day or you are not investing "enough". All i am saying is that at this point, any character with less then 3 legendaries is considered "new", aka "haven't been played much". If someone wants to have 3 servers full of lvl 110 alts, all with 12 hours played, more power to him or her.

But objectively, more playtime equals more power and more playtime equals more legendaries. There is not much RNG involved if one plays an average time per week. Not after 6 months into the x-pack.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    We probably don't have the same definition of "super-casual". For getting 4 legendaries with my luck would mean playing every day for 3 hours for 8 months.
    I don't know what kind of job you're doing to allow you to play that much, but I know a lot of people that wouldn't be able to get that much legendaries.

I'm saying it's perfectly possible to get a low legendary count while still trying to do our best to invest into our chars. You both don't. What can I say ? 1 vs 2, you're probably right.

I'm done.

Peace.
    He plays about 10-14 hours a week. That is fairly casual. The time he does play, he raids, almost exclusively.
    You don't need to think of this as an argument or anything, I'm just laying down the facts that if you do legendary relevant content, then you will get legendaries. I had 4 legendaries at 30 days played, and I never did WQs or farmed, always did dungeons/raids.

You guys ever thought about alts ? My main has "only" 3 legendaries. He doesn't even has full traits yet. Not to mention if he's the GM, it's perfectly possible he's farming for stuff (food, potions, etc) for the guild, thus lowering his chances of getting legendaries from any various contents. I'd suggest you to think twice before saying such statements.

For the record I have a combined of 62 days /played across all my alt with 30d with my main. Yes 30days and only 3 legendaries. Blame that on my luck or whatever.
    30days, 3 leggies isn't unfeasible. Especially if you spent some time idling, farming, WQing and such.

I think we might've misunderstood eachother on "being dedicated". Just because you spend "as much time as possible" doesn't necessarily mean "dedicated" - It means a matter of priorities. So if you play alts a lot, idle a lot, play other games, or you just work a lot or has a family (which, of course, is kewl), then you're just "less dedicated" or "not dedicated". Which is not a negative moniker, it just means you have other priorities - I'm just in a place in my life where I can justify hamming it on wow.

It's all semantics anyway, no need to feel like you're being ganged up on :3

I'm not strictly criticising not having "more than 3, lel", but just that you can't claim you did your "utmost" and then you have 3 leggies because you play alts a lot, you feel me :P?

Just some small tips to improve his dps.

- Try and farm the ursoc trinket to replace entwined.
    - Use quickshot talent instead of ghastly strike (more forgiving than keeping track of uptime)
    - Replace grappling hook with the talent that increases range (helps tremendously)