Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

7.2 Trailer was "meh" - Show me gameplay!!!

Every other trailer has gameplay footage from the dungeons and raids added to the patch. Show me awesome gameplay footage and end the trailer with the whole Kil'Jaden and Sargeras bit.

It's wow, the game play looks like all the other game play.

no, it was perfect
    Be feared, or be fuel

I agree, I would have liked to see the raid and the dungeon in the trailer, but I think they do that in a separate video now. This video on IGN shows the features and gameplay which will probably be added to youtube soon.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    I'm glad they're not putting gameplay into patch trailers anymore. It ruins the immersion

10+ Year Old Account
    the reason most old trailers had gameplay in it was cause the raid opened with the patch. However for 7.2 the raid won't open till... 10-11 weeks or so after.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    This dude said, "I wanna see gameplay." Wow, loooooool. Some peoples' kids.

That trailer was dope. Not sure what you're smoking.
    I'm not saying the trailer was bad, im just saying I would have preferred there was some actual gameplay footage in the trailer as well.

See this Naxx trailer for reference (Story + Gameplay footage = Win)

My only complaint is that the patch is called Tomb of Sargeras, yet no one even talk about the Tomb of Sargeras.

I get it, this building is vital in pushing back the legion, but shouldn't this received some kind of highlight? The Portal that powers the invasion, or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm not saying the trailer was bad, im just saying I would have preferred there was some actual gameplay footage in the trailer as well.

See this Naxx trailer for reference (Story + Gameplay footage = Win)

Eh those ones were meh at start. But got better in Wrath imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    My only complaint is that the patch is called Tomb of Sargeras, yet no one even talk about the Tomb of Sargeras.

I get it, this building is vital in pushing back the legion, but shouldn't this received some kind of highlight? The Portal that powers the invasion, or whatever?
    I mean, Dalaran was parked by Tomb of Sargeras. KJ was talking to Sargeras. Then all of the ships ported in right above Tomb of Sargeras with it very clearly shown. *shrugs* it also can feel cheesy/forced when characters say the patch/expansion name in a trailer.

The trailer was shit, just a big hollywood-style cock tease for showing us Sargeras' voice and that he's still out there, just like having Azshara showing up in Cataclysm in the NE zone and doing jack shit except spout some really fucking lame dialogue...as text.

There was no heart, no feel, no character to it. Kil'Jaeden got rectconned in less than 2 mins as being yet another fallen character who regrets his decisions, despite being built up as one of the most evil motherfuckers of this universe for the past 20 years.

And Dalaran portrayed as about to be nuked out of orbit...which it probably won't because some space jesus shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    The trailer was shit, just a big hollywood-style cock tease for showing us Sargeras' voice and that he's still out there, just like having Azshara showing up in Cataclysm in the NE zone and doing jack shit except spout some really fucking lame dialogue...as text.

There was no heart, no feel, no character to it. Kil'Jaeden got rectconned in less than 2 mins as being yet another fallen character who regrets his decisions, despite being built up as one of the most evil motherfuckers of this universe for the past 20 years.

And Dalaran portrayed as about to be nuked out of orbit...which it probably won't because some space jesus shit.
    It won't happen because it's a big hub and they'd have to do significant about of developing for another place. Not some *Space jesus shit*. We really didn't need gameplay to be shown and it's not a hollywood cocktease. We didn't get some revalation about what's going to happen in the future aside from Argus. No big plot reveal either.

Calm thy tits.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    This dude said, "I wanna see gameplay." Wow, loooooool. Some peoples' kids.

That trailer was dope. Not sure what you're smoking.
    my thoughts too , some kids shouldnt even be here

This is also the reason why I didn't think the 7.2 trailer was good, they didn't really show the raid itself at all. No mention of it, not a good view from the outside, nothing on the inside, no bosses other than Kil'jaeden were seen. It was just 2 demons being at odds which each other while most people probably have no idea who they are (they haven't shown themselves much in the world, Kil was only in Sunwell Platue).

trailers are mostly shit

Gameplay is all the same. What can they show you that is actually interesting?

What the trailer should have had is features. This is what actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I mean, Dalaran was parked by Tomb of Sargeras. KJ was talking to Sargeras. Then all of the ships ported in right above Tomb of Sargeras with it very clearly shown.
    You also saw the Nighthold, cut the first 20 seconds of Khadgar's speech and you could call it the Nighthold trailer by that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    *shrugs* it also can feel cheesy/forced when characters say the patch/expansion name in a trailer.
    Well if they name a patch after the building that is heavily featured in that patch...

I mean try to talk about the Tomb of Sargeras without saying "Tomb of Sargeras".

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every other trailer has gameplay footage from the dungeons and raids added to the patch. Show me awesome gameplay footage and end the trailer with the whole Kil'Jaden and Sargeras bit.
    It's a patch trailer, not a raid trailer - that's the main difference. The raid trailer will have more what you're wanting

You also saw the Nighthold, cut the first 20 seconds of Khadgar's speech and you could call it the Nighthold trailer by that logic.
    They also featured Velen, we could call the patch Velen. Obviously, you can take that logic to the extreme. But it seemed extremely obvious to me that it was highlighted very well at the end of the trailer, with a big "oh shit" moment.

Well if they name a patch after the building that is heavily featured in that patch...

I mean try to talk about the Tomb of Sargeras without saying "Tomb of Sargeras".
    Yeah, I understand. My point is, they don't need to mention it, because the patch name does, and its highlighted in the trailer. I think the trailer does a perfect job.

It shows:
    -many leaders gathered to discuss plan of action
    -we'll be fighting KJ at ToS
    -the outside of ToS, as well as the surrounding Broken Shore zone we'll be experiencing
    -Sargeras, finally, given life/voice
    -Argus, a preview of 7.3

It works. I'm just glad we didn't some silly line like "We must fight the Legion..at Tomb of Sargeras!"

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah as pointed out in other posts
    they now have the survival guide videos, that are the "gameplay" and such, aswell as introducing all the new content, where the trailers are just cinematic content
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content