Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stop wasting resources on them, they will be outdated the very next expansion, just like MOP did to cata.

Thinking again, just make WOW 2.0 and with the ability to import our characters to it. Done.

I dont think Blizzard ever wants to make an expansive area again, let alone rework the entire world again. if they were to, i think they would redraw zone lines and make a story out of a piece of the continent, but never redo either kalimdor or EK's entire landmass.

And by redrawing zone lines, i mean like just knocking down some mountains making a larger zone out of a cluster of smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by nymrohd View Post
    n'zoth has won and with the help of azshara has sunk most of azeroth beneath the waves. Only pockets of the world remain above the sea, small bastions of the people of azeroth fighting endless waves of n'zoth's black empire.

No need to redesign the old world when you can just remake it
    by thralls balls!

Deleted
    tbh I'd love to just see some of the destroyed cities finally rebuilt - or just some camp outside of it. Other than that? I'd let the Cataclysm Changes as is. But! I long for the time, we'll be finally able to see Quel'danas and the area around the exodar in the real world. It just feels weird being the only thing not accessable.

They wouldn't. I'm sure that the Cata revamp is one of if not the biggest regret Blizzard has when it comes to WoW. I seriously doubt they would even consider such a risky resource investment ever again. Unless they decide to double (ha) their WoW budget, it will never ever happen again.

The Naga have taken over Azeroth in our absence and now it's Kevin Costner's Waterworld. Huehuehue.

The Horde can be based out of the Exxon-Valdez.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I would go with scaling and bring the graphics on par to what we see in legion. The older maps are almost 18yo counting the dev time.
    I agree, going from the cardboard papercraft trees of Ungoro to something like Suramar is jarring.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Apart from a few zones (looking at you Silithus, Arathi & Ungoro, Draenei isle and silvermoon) the current azeroth is fine
    I would much prefer they update BC and WoTLK, and add scaling, so you can either choose to go to outlands or northrend
    Have to agree with this one
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    You guys are so fucking silly.

"Update BC and WotLK." Dudes, do you even understand the whole reason behind an Azeroth remake is a probable Old God orgy happening on Azeroth while we're away on vacation?

Either way, in my opinion, it doesn't matter too much what revamp they do since I'm expecting Azeroth to be Sargeras' new body by the end of the next expansion, so he can fight the Void Lords properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing old content sucks, low level zones have alot of important Quests with Lore and Storyline.

I like leveling in dungeons, but while i waiting dungeon queues i like doing quests and reading them. Also some low level quests reward rare transmogs.

Just create new zones instead of removing Cata ones, or make them aviably via Caverns of Time instead.

Deleted
    I would prefer non overarching theme zones. While Vanilla was old it never felt as much outdated as Cataclysm zones feel now. Some zones featuring different villain factions like Twilight Hammer, Scourge, Legion or whatever is fine, though. Same for neutral factions alas class orders where they make sense.
    I’d also add some new settlements where they make sense, like some Draenei settlement in Ungoro. some Gilnean in Duskwood, some Darkspear in Stranglethorn …
    Of course the zones would feature scaling technology and I wouldn’t update all at once. I would probably do a few in between expansions, with main stories having some business in these zones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth/the old world is not in a need of a revamp. Outside of Silithus and Winterspring, all the zones have good story/quest lines and it functions well The cata revamp did what it had to do: Bring the old quest content up to the quaility of the newer expansions.

So i would stay away from Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms and instead focus on Northrend and Outland, but especially Outland. Outland is very much in need of a story revamp and most of the quests there are just wierd in the current version of WoW. They feel outdated and you feel a huge difference when going from Cata Azeroth into old-school Outland. Illidan and his forces have been defeated, so there is alot of room to revamp Outland to match a story, where other problems then the battle with Ilidan is going on

And together with this revamp, i would include expansionwide scaling. Vanilla Azeroth would scale 1-60, so you could do Barrens quests as a lvl 55 character. It would smoothe out the leveling experience and let you actually complete story-lines in the different zones without you out-lvling the rewards that you get from them. Also making Outland scale from 60-70, Northrend 70-80 and so, would make the entire leveling process much more relaxing and less time would be used on travel and much more time would be done with actually doing quests and killing mobs...

Outside of that, there is not much to do really I would love to see nearly all quests be updated to match the current timeline/story, but i also know that it would take an insane amount of man hours and proberly not be worth it when it comes to sub numbers
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth is in sore need of a facelift anyway. It's sort of jarring going through the leveling process and following these quest lines that have no relevance anymore. The cataclysm has had more than enough time to be repaired/wiped away. Northrend hasn't seen any action since Wrath. The Sha have been destroyed.

I realize that keeping the entire game relevant (or at least generic) in line with each expansion is an impossible mission. And it's really super annoying that Blizzard just frankly doesn't care about anything outside of the current expansion's content. But SOMETHING should be done about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I think that if you are gonna do it, then it has to be a complete redesign of not just zones but the whole levelling process from 1-whatever. Essentially it would be WOW 2.0, but I dunno of Blizzard are prepared to do that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First things first imma keep the existing continents.

Second things second imma make new quests for those existing continents, reflecting the passage of time and updating specific locations accordingly (like Gilneas is now a Forsaken stronghold, or all the Twilights Hammer Cultists are gone).

Third.... no, actually that's it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)