Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Isn't queer considered a non-PC word now, when i was a kid it was considered an offensive word.
    There seem to have been efforts to reappropriate the word. A topical nightclub in my city has been called "The Q" for at least a decade.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    And this is why you see anti-Russian sentiment on the left these days. They're one of the last Christian (though paganized) bastions against homosexual propaganda.
    What does Christianity have to do with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    And this is why you see anti-Russian sentiment on the left these days. They're one of the last Christian (though paganized) bastions against homosexual propaganda.
    I think Mh17 is way more relevant here, but you did point out the icing the the shit cake.
    Maybe you should move to Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    LBGTQ now? what does the Q stand for, how many more letters needs to be added.
    Q stands for 'Quit your fucking complaint we'll label ourselves what we want', it's an umbrella term.

More on point, a stupid politician shares his stupid but popular opinion. Stupid activists with a cause but no clue react making the situation worse for regular people who have to live with the provocation these new stupid people bring to their 'community' long after the stupid people leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Here's a documentary on how there are groups in Russia who "hunt" gays. They put in ads in the "men looking for men" section and harass the gay guy when he shows up.
    Those vigilants are disgusting subhumans. Sadly, the west also becomes more and more unsafe for gays.

Each and every sect have an enemy that they are irrationally dedicated to destroying. For the churches it's gays, pedophiles and psychic vampires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    The Russian Orthodox Church is the major driver behind much of this crap.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    I like the initiative. I hope it spreads to counter the gayness that's gone too far in the West.
    Acceptance of gay marriage is around 95% here lol, good luck.
    Don't forgot that Amsterdam is the birth place of the gay pride parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I've seen lbgtqia. I have no clue what that means.

I've also seen strings of letters in excess of 20. I'm not sure if those are serious (I really hope they aren't)
    it means more and more people are becoming more confused about being either male or female..

other than that, this city sounds like a good city... would visit if it had any non-laughable business opportunity over a 3-5 year period

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Think beyond your nose for a second. What other countries actively suppress homosexual behavior? That's right, Islamic countries.

Now, which Islamic countries are constantly assailed by the left at large regarding this? None. The few lefties who do rail against Islamic countries' opposition to homosexuality, like Bill Maher, are treated as bigots by their contemporaries.

"But Islamic countries aren't meddling in our elections!"

They're always training people to commit terrorist acts in (now secular) Western nations, their exports are establishing cultural takeovers in the West, they are collaborating with lefties to make criticism of their religion as inconvenient as possible and eventually illegal, you're saying that's not enough influence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Think beyond your nose for a second. What other countries actively suppress homosexual behavior? That's right, Islamic countries.

Now, which Islamic countries are constantly assailed by the left at large regarding this? None. The few lefties who do rail against Islamic countries' opposition to homosexuality, like Bill Maher, are treated as bigots by their contemporaries.

"But Islamic countries aren't meddling in our elections!"

They're always training people to commit terrorist acts in (now secular) Western nations, their exports are establishing cultural takeovers in the West, they are collaborating with lefties to make criticism of their religion as inconvenient as possible and eventually illegal, you're saying that's not enough influence?

Very few people in my country like the Islamic countries, so you should really try better with your baseless generalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Q - queer
    A - Asexual
    I -? I dunno. Intersexual?
    Never heard of a Queer before....

And Asexual shouldn't be on there...

The I just makes the LGBT look bad....

I'm a Man who's all for the LGBT, but I swear man, these "LGBTQIA" guys with their "More than 2 Genders" BS annoys me to shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Here's a documentary on how there are groups in Russia who "hunt" gays. They put in ads in the "men looking for men" section and harass the gay guy when he shows up.
    It's disgusting. I thought this had become common knowledge since the Hozier song hit the charts though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Very few people in my country like the Islamic countries, so you should really try better with your baseless generalizing.
    Not baseless at all. American leftists, especially up-and-comers in colleges and the media are very critical of Christianity while being defensive of Islam and portraying it as an underprivileged religion. Their Euro counterparts seem hardly different, the arguments are very similar if not identical. Whatever country you claim to be from doesn't change what leftists across the Western world have been saying since social justice took off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And Asexual shouldn't be on there... The I just makes the LGBT look bad....
    Why not? Why does it look bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Don't forgot that Amsterdam is the birth place of the gay pride parade.
    how ill informed you are Amsterdam Gay Pride has been held since 1996 and while it can be seen as one of the most successful in acquiring social acceptance it certainly wasn't the birthplace.

The Stonewall riots early on the morning of Saturday June 28, 1969, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning persons rioted following a police raid on the Stonewall Inn in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of New York City. The Stonewall Inn was a gay bar which catered to an assortment of patrons, but which was popular with the most marginalized people in the gay community: transvestites, transgender people, effeminate young men, hustlers, and homeless youth.

First pride marches
    On Saturday, June 27, 1970, Chicago Gay Liberation organized a march from Washington Square Park ("Bughouse Square") to the Water Tower at the intersection of Michigan and Chicago avenues, which was the route originally planned, and then many of the participants extemporaneously marched on to the Civic Center (now Richard J. Daley) Plaza. The date was chosen because the Stonewall events began on the last Saturday of June and because organizers wanted to reach the maximum number of Michigan Avenue shoppers. Subsequent Chicago parades have been held on the last Sunday of June, coinciding with the date of many similar parades elsewhere.

On the West Coast of the United States held a march in Los Angeles on June 28, 1970 and a march and 'Gay-in' in San Francisco.

In Los Angeles, Morris Kight (Gay Liberation Front LA founder), Reverend Troy Perry (Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches founder) and Reverend Bob Humphries (United States Mission founder) gathered to plan a commemoration. They settled on a parade down Hollywood Boulevard. But securing a permit from the city was no easy task. They named their organization Christopher Street West, "as ambiguous as we could be." But Rev. Perry recalled the Los Angeles Police Chief Edward M. Davis telling him, “As far as I’m concerned, granting a permit to a group of homosexuals to parade down Hollywood Boulevard would be the same as giving a permit to a group of thieves and robbers.” Grudgingly, the Police Commission granted the permit, though there were fees exceeding $1.5 million. After the American Civil Liberties Union stepped in, the commission dropped all its requirements but a $1,500 fee for police service. That, too, was dismissed when the California Superior Court ordered the police to provide protection as they would for any other group. The eleventh hour California Supreme Court decision ordered the police commissioner to issue a parade permit citing the “constitutional guarantee of freedom of expression.” From the beginning, L.A. parade organizers and participants knew there were risks of violence. Kight received death threats right up to the morning of the parade. Unlike what we see today, the first gay parade was very quiet. The marchers convened on McCadden Place in Hollywood, marched north and turned east onto Hollywood Boulevard. The Advocate reported "Over 1,000 homosexuals and their friends staged, not just a protest march, but a full blown parade down world-famous Hollywood Boulevard."

Later that same day in New York gay activist groups held their own pride parade, known as the Christopher Street Liberation Day, to recall the events of Stonewall one year earlier. On November 2, 1969, Craig Rodwell, his partner Fred Sargeant, Ellen Broidy, and Linda Rhodes proposed the first gay pride parade to be held in New York City by way of a resolution at the Eastern Regional Conference of Homophile Organizations (ERCHO) meeting in Philadelphia.

That the Annual Reminder, in order to be more relevant, reach a greater number of people, and encompass the ideas and ideals of the larger struggle in which we are engaged-that of our fundamental human rights-be moved both in time and location.

We propose that a demonstration be held annually on the last Saturday in June in New York City to commemorate the 1969 spontaneous demonstrations on Christopher Street and this demonstration be called CHRISTOPHER STREET LIBERATION DAY. No dress or age regulations shall be made for this demonstration.

We also propose that we contact Homophile organizations throughout the country and suggest that they hold parallel demonstrations on that day. We propose a nationwide show of support.

All attendees to the ERCHO meeting in Philadelphia voted for the march except for Mattachine Society of New York City, which abstained. Members of the Gay Liberation Front (GLF) attended the meeting and were seated as guests of Rodwell's group, Homophile Youth Movement in Neighborhoods (HYMN).

Meetings to organize the march began in early January at Rodwell's apartment in 350 Bleecker Street. At first there was difficulty getting some of the major New York organizations like Gay Activists Alliance (GAA) to send representatives. Craig Rodwell and his partner Fred Sargeant, Ellen Broidy, Michael Brown, Marty Nixon, and Foster Gunnison of Mattachine made up the core group of the CSLD Umbrella Committee (CSLDUC). For initial funding, Gunnison served as treasurer and sought donations from the national homophile organizations and sponsors, while Sargeant solicited donations via the Oscar Wilde Memorial Bookshop customer mailing list and Nixon worked to gain financial support from GLF in his position as treasurer for that organization. Other mainstays of the organizing committee were Judy Miller, Jack Waluska, Steve Gerrie and Brenda Howard of GLF. Believing that more people would turn out for the march on a Sunday, and so as to mark the date of the start of the Stonewall uprising, the CSLDUC scheduled the date for the first march for Sunday, June 28, 1970. With Dick Leitsch's replacement as president of Mattachine NY by "Michael Kotis" in April 1970, opposition to the march by Mattachine ended.

Brenda Howard is known as the "Mother of Pride", for her work in coordinating the march. Howard also originated the idea for a week-long series of events around Pride Day which became the genesis of the annual LGBT Pride celebrations that are now held around the world every June. Additionally, Howard along with fellow LGBT Activists Robert A. Martin (aka Donny the Punk) and L. Craig Schoonmaker are credited with popularizing the word "Pride" to describe these festivities. As LGBT rights activist Tom Limoncelli put it, "The next time someone asks you why LGBT Pride marches exist or why [LGBT] Pride Month is June tell them 'A bisexual woman named Brenda Howard thought it should be.'"

The first marches were both serious and fun, and served to inspire the widening activist movement; they were repeated in the following years, and more and more annual marches started up in other cities throughout the world. In Atlanta and New York City and the marches were called Gay Liberation Marches, and the day of celebration was called "Gay Liberation Day"; in Los Angeles and San Francisco they became known as 'Gay Freedom Marches' and the day was called "Gay Freedom Day". As more cities and even smaller towns began holding their own celebrations, these names spread. The rooted ideology behind the parades is a critique of space which has been produced to seem heteronormative and 'straight', and therefore any act appearing to be homosexual is considered dissident by society. The Parade brings this homosexual behaviour into the space.

In the 1980s there was a cultural shift in the gay movement. Activists of a less radical nature began taking over the march committees in different cities, and they dropped "Gay Liberation" and "Gay Freedom" from the names, replacing them with "Gay Pride".

I don't get the deal with gays and Russia, aren't Russians sort of anti-religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Why not? Why does it look bad?
    Aesexuality is litterally a Deformation. It's where you have BOTH genitals. The LGBT is where people have the rights as to freely date whoever they want, and/or changing genders while doing such. All of which freely.

L= Lesbians

G= Gay's

B= Bisexuals

T= Transgender

This thing isn't about how Genders work or so, it's about how one wants to date, if one wanted to be a woman dating a man, and the person wanting to date the man was a man, then the man could either switch genders, or become gay. Similar to ladies...

Intersexuality also doesn't exist. Mainly cause you're either 1 gender, or you're the other, there's no Middle-ground. Similar to one's perfection...

That...or you should switch from the genders...ya know...

...Transgenders...pretty much...

I'm moving to this city now! These are my type of people!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Aesexuality is litterally a Deformation. It's where you have BOTH genitals. The LGBT is where people have the rights as to freely date whoever they want, and/or changing genders while doing such. All of which freely.

Intersexuality also doesn't exist. Mainly cause you're either 1 gender, or you're the other, there's no Middle-ground. Similar to one's perfection...
    I think you are mixing something up here...

Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity.
    Intersex means having sex characteristics of both sexes, be it genitals, chromosomes etc. It's not about gender.