Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The pass with Verstappen was legendary, he's a savage. He didn't get away with it due to cutting the kerb but still it was a good effort. Hamilton cruising to this championship now, it's all over. Hopefully next year we have some more competition, if Renault can sort out their engine then maybe we have 3 big money teams that can compete..

It's a pipe dream but imagine a world where Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren, Renault and Red Bull could all compete for wins.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    what a pass from max!! serves ferrari right for team orders.
    Cmon lets be honest team orders are not rare anymore and its a part of the Ferrari organisation for decades and Vettel would have passed Kimi without team orders so lets not go there.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2017-10-22 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Cmon lets be honest team orders are not rare anymore and Vettel would have passed Kimi without team orders so lets not go there.
    doesnt matter anyway, its lewis's title now (without team orders).

what a pass from max!! serves ferrari right for team orders.
    5 second penalty is bullshit politics.

5th or better next race for lewis & he's a 4 times world champion...go on my son!!!
    What?

Kimi was on old tyres. Of course they were going to let Sebastian pass. Why would they risk Verstappen closing on both of them?

And Sebastian would have passed anyway due to the age of Kimi's tyres.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Hopefully next year we have some more competition, if Renault can sort out their engine then maybe we have 3 big money teams that can compete..
    Tbh its all nice and all but im not looking forward to the Halo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What?

Kimi was on old tyres. Of course they were going to let Sebastian pass. Why would they risk Verstappen closing on both of them?

And Sebastian would have passed anyway due to the age of Kimi's tyres.
    Just like Mercedes would have let Hamilton pass Bottas if he was in the same position.

Verstappen being given a 5s penalty for things that have happened in basically from other people in this race does seem like FIA wanting Ferrari on the podium. Lewis basically needs to not DNF in the next 3 races and essentially has won it.

As for team orders, they'll happen. Even if/when the FIA bans them they are always ways around them "Massa Fernando is faster than you.". Hell not having a clear 1 and 2 in a team only causes issues. Can also be exciting but do we really need more Senna/Prost fall outs, Lewis and Nico almost taking each other out too.

doesnt matter anyway, its lewis's title now (without team orders).
    Not if he miraculously retires. Which as a Ferrari/Vettel fan I'm praying for.

As a legendary commentator once said.

"Anything can happen in Formula 1 and it usually does"

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh its all nice and all but im not looking forward to the Halo

- - - Updated - - -

Just like Mercedes would have let Hamilton pass Bottas if he was in the same position.
    Exactly. Team orders have been a thing for years. Even in Mercedes.

I just wish Ferrari hadn't had a poor spell in Asia but only themselves to blame for Singapore at least. Was hoping Sebastian could have gained some ground and they would be still fighting down to Abu Dhabi. But that Mercedes is as reliable as the 2002 Ferrari in the case of Hamilton.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-22 at 09:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its all if if if, If Vettel would have won Singapore (and he prob would have) If he would have won Malasia (and the Ferraris where quicker then both Mercedes and Redbull so it was likely) and if Vettel didnt have to start from the back in in Japan but this is Formula 1 and every once in a while it throws curve balls, ask Lewis what happend last year, it does make me sad that we didnt get the awesome end of the year with Ferrari and Mercedes going head to head but hey shit happends and lets move on to next year.

Its all if if if, If Vettel would have won Singapore (and he prob would have) If he would have won Malasia (and the Ferraris where quicker then both Mercedes and Redbull) and if Vettel didnt have to start from the back in in Japan but this is Formula 1 and every once in a while it throws Curve balls, ask lewis what happend last year.
    Or Alonso during the two seasons he was close in Ferrari. F1 is full of ifs. Or hell that season Mansell tire blew on last race of season. If he turned into wall he'd been champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Verstappen being given a 5s penalty for things that have happened in basically from other people in this race does seem like FIA wanting Ferrari on the podium. Lewis basically needs to not DNF in the next 3 races and essentially has won it.

As for team orders, they'll happen. Even if/when the FIA bans them they are always ways around them "Massa Fernando is faster than you.". Hell not having a clear 1 and 2 in a team only causes issues. Can also be exciting but do we really need more Senna/Prost fall outs, Lewis and Nico almost taking each other out too.
    Nope. Max's 4 wheels were off the circuit when he made the pass.

There is a video but it's broken as hell at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Max's 4 wheels were off the circuit when he made the pass.
    Ye but in turn 19 cars also slide of the track with 4 wheels and nothing happend.

Ye but in turn 19 cars also slide of the track with 4 wheels and nothing happend.
    Agreed. Not trying to attack Max. Doesn't help that the Stewards and Charlie have been really foggy on track limits this week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Not trying to attack Max. Doesn't help that the Stewards and Charlie have been really foggy on track limits this week.
    Now i do understand that Charlie let it pass on turn 19 because cars have been having trouble all weekend in that turn

Now i do understand that Charlie let it pass on turn 19 because cars have been having trouble all weekend in that turn
    Turn 19 makes sense to be fair.

But the problem is this was 16/17 where it's not really an issue.

It's not Foggy, it's actually been a known situation that the FIA if they can will favour Ferrari. Back during Max Moseley's reign he was at least willing to admit it. To punish Max for this yet ignore all the other times it has happened this race (no one is denying max did it. But there are many other times this race drivers have done similar things to gain a position) is a clear case of bias.

Its all if if if, If Vettel would have won Singapore (and he prob would have) If he would have won Malasia (and the Ferraris where quicker then both Mercedes and Redbull so it was likely) and if Vettel didnt have to start from the back in in Japan but this is Formula 1 and every once in a while it throws curve balls, ask Lewis what happend last year, it does make me sad that we didnt get the awesome end of the year with Ferrari and Mercedes going head to head but hey shit happends and lets move on to next year.
    Vettel should have won Singapore. Himself to blame for that for being too defensive.

Malaysia and Japan though that's on Ferrari themselves. For both Kimi and Seb in the case of Malaysia.

Vettel should have won Singapore. Himself to blame for that for being too defensive.

Malaysia and Japan though that's on Ferrari themselves. For both Kimi and Seb in the case of Malaysia.
    To be fair, in Singapore, he only saw Verstappen. Where would you draw the line if you had to take into consideration each driver before him? I don't think the blame can be placed on him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    To be fair, in Singapore, he only saw Verstappen. Where would you draw the line if you had to take into consideration each driver before him? I don't think the blame can be placed on him for that.
    Oh not fully but he was a tad too defensive.

I don't mean all his fault and admittedly should have worded myself better.

Not if he miraculously retires. Which as a Ferrari/Vettel fan I'm praying for.
    Hamilton needs to retire twice and come 5th or lower for Vettel to take the Championship.

Also, what the fuck is with the stewards? Yes he was over the line but EVERYBODY has been cutting every fucking corner the entire weekend. I'm not buying the "but podium" excuse, because the rules should not be applied differently based on the track position at stake.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2017-10-22 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Hamilton needs to retire twice and come 5th or lower for Vettel to take the Championship.
    Yeah I know.

That Mercedes has been so damn reliable this year. Almost on par with the 2002 Ferrari as I said. Only difference is that car for Schumacher is still the only 1 to finish the season with a podium in every race.