Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Will Mythic+ be the arena of PvE?

Currently in WoW Mythic+ is just a easy way to gear up for more skilled players, however some of us (including me) takes it a bit more seriously and push high keys for higher "Mythic+ Score" which can be viewed on WoWprogress.com and as i've been a high end PvP'er for a longer time now, i feel like Mythic+ gives me the same adrenaline when time is thight and teamwork is essential.

Now, wouldn't it be awesome if the WoW Devs made a ladder like arenas for Mythic+, and you could freely choose what affixes to do each dungeon, the harder affixes the more score you get. Also i'd increase the ilvl rewards and not cap them at 15 (10 next patch) and rise it to 20 (15) next patch to reward just under the ilvl of raid gear (since raiding should be more beneficial imo, unless they made it harder)

What are your opinion on this?

So diablo basicly is what you are asking for?

No i sure hope not that is just bad idea.
    Everything that this game has gotten lately is copy pasted from diablo and its going in bad places we do not need more shit like that.

Go Play Diablo .

Idk why there are like raiding purists now. Dungeons are fun, and blizzard has actually made them more than wasted content for once. I agree with you OP, I would like a leaderboard and maybe titles like challenge modes, maybe next expansion. Even though I probably wouldn't participate for more than gear, I think giving hardcore players more rewards to work for is always good.

7+ Year Old Account
    How about... no.
    People would farm the hell out of their 1/2 favorite affix combination
    And you write as if you haven't tried to enter groups that cry for 1400+ mythic score (on wowprogress) or no invite (usually no invite anyway cause they can't armory that fast)
    And also... mythic+ has become so repetitive, I can't find the joy in doing them anymore even on 20+ keystones, simply because it becomes dumb and praying that you don't get a terrible key (Eg: HoV and your key is over, or fortified in a BRH / tyrannical in EoA).
    At that point it's no longer 'fun' because all you're going to see is people getting 1shotted by unavoidable mechanics that repeatedly happen so you can't use cooldowns for it repeatedly unless you have the team comp for it. The most giggle you'd get is when someone else gets 1shot and you feel sadistic / have a good laugh with friends about how they suck at not having more stamina.

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    There already is an Mythic+ leaderboard:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...lack-rook-hold

Choosing affixes is a bad idea. People would just choose the simple ones for gear. And you can wait for the oroper wekk currently to do the affixes you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post

Choosing affixes is a bad idea. People would just choose the simple ones for gear. And you can wait for the oroper wekk currently to do the affixes you want.
    Maybe my wording was a bit bad, i ment for keystones higher than the cap (meaning like 16 and upwards) thats when you can choose what affixes to get. However you can't from 1-15.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrortusk View Post
    Maybe my wording was a bit bad, i ment for keystones higher than the cap (meaning like 16 and upwards) thats when you can choose what affixes to get. However you can't from 1-15.
    And what purpose would that serve? Currently, everyone competes on the same basis. So you actually can compare results. if you fragment the player base even mre the leaderboards get completely irrelevant.

I think very few people are interested in the challenge of mythic plus. The only reason I run them is for the Small chance that piece of 900 gear becomes titan forged with good stats and is an upgrade at the end of the week when I open my weekly cache. What your proposing simply increase the amount of effort and time I would need to put into my main every week. If the rewards are bumped to 20 then I have to try to run a 20 every week.

If you like the mythic plus purely for the challenge, then run high keys. It's not like you won't quickly hit a wall at some point. No need to put the carrot on the stick further away from the rest of us casual mythic plus runners for the benefit of the few.
    Last edited by last1214; 2017-03-25 at 06:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I wouldn't be against a real leader board with some type of reward involved for the top %, whether it be a title/mount/toy/pet/whatever, I don't think you should be able to choose the affixes. I would prefer more of a season type deal where each season is 2+ rotations of every affix combo.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

You already have leaderboards for it, on a weekly reset due to affix changes. You also already have wowprogress tracking\scores.

Congratulations?

I'm all for more rewards and intensives to push higher keystones, seasons would actually be really cool, a mount for for like 20+/25+ would be great.
    However i'm against being able to pick your affixes, i wouldn't be against keys being maybe universal for dungeons at like 25+ but still iffy on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    I can't find the joy in doing them anymore even on 20+ keystones, simply because it becomes dumb and praying that you don't get a terrible key (Eg: HoV and your key is over, or fortified in a BRH / tyrannical in EoA).
    A
    Any key is doable at 20+, HoV is actually a good key for pushing.
    The trick with understanding higher keys and pushing is to know how to avoid the mechanics everyone thinks are unavoidable, there is actually almost no mechanics that are truly like this and you generally can dr them all.

Diablo III is already a game.

The current problem with making Mythic+ truely matter and hard is that the boss/trash mechanics stay the same every week. If mythic+ was to be truely hard, and give mythic level raid gear every time, it should have random boss/trash mechanics thrown in. That way every dungeon is different every time and would be about skill instead of just doing a ton of damage against more and more buffed enemies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    If mythic+ was to be truely hard, and give mythic level raid gear every time, it should have random boss/trash mechanics thrown in. That way every dungeon is different every time and would be about skill instead of just doing a ton of damage against more and more buffed enemies.
    It wouldn't be about skill. it would just end up like in D3 where people fish for a good rift. you would chain-run dungeons until you get the one in a million shot with only mechanics that are easy to handle in combination, and no mechanics that are especialyl hard.

And it wouldn#t actually be harder. You need to know the mechanics know and you would need to know them then. Once you learned all mechanics it wouldn#t matter anymore at which boss they appear.

But some mechanics are dependent on the environment. Dreadlords Guille is only a problem because the room is so small, and completely trivial in a bigger room. On the other hand, some mechanics that need bigger rooms are completely impossible in small rooms. So you couldn't even completely randomize the mechanics.

I think it would be interesting to reward players weekly with some kind of (small) but unique rewards, say something similar to the Emissary caches that contains transmog gear, and pets, gold, order hall resources or consumables, and like a seasonal mount/title for those with the very best clears and so on. Because they really should be doing new affixes all the time to keep it fresh, why not do it in short seasons?

I can think of all sorts of affixes that aren't even a thing that would work pretty well and I think most players could adapt to them. I.e. remember the last boss in the Nexus that puts a stacking dot that you can only remove by jumping but eventually roots you in place? That but make it a stun that incases people in ice and suffocates them until they die if it's not dps'd down quick enough.

I think this would give players incentive to not utterly suck at the game. There's no incentive to not be a useless sack of shit in a mythic+ group when you mainly get the same rewards for sucking or not sucking.

But choosing affixes? No absolutely not that's a terrible idea. Mythic+ seasons tho? Ya lots of potential there.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-03-26 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granador View Post
    Go Play Diablo .
    Diablo design isn't good for teamwork though. We'd need a Diablo-like game but with a tank/healer/dps paradigm for this and I bet it would be more popular than raiding focused MMOs if well done.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    Diablo design isn't good for teamwork though. We'd need a Diablo-like game but with a tank/healer/dps paradigm for this and I bet it would be more popular than raiding focused MMOs if well done.
    I would take that straight to the bank. But the idea of choosing your own affixes does not fit at all into that idea.

Deleted
    I just wish keys weren't given out to everyone and you actually had to farm for them.

Also scoring runs by speed isn't really best way to do it. It should be difficulty of content that gates you away from higher reward, not how fast you do easy content...

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    I just wish keys weren't given out to everyone and you actually had to farm for them.

Also scoring runs by speed isn't really best way to do it. It should be difficulty of content that gates you away from higher reward, not how fast you do easy content...
    whats wrong with speed? so two groups complete a +16 key on time. One group did it 2 minutes faster becasue their dps are amazing or because their tank groups mobs better for AOE, or because the healer is a boss and pumps damage on some trash pulls/bosses. the other group still finished in time, but 2 minutes slower. so both groups get the same score? lame #speedmattersbro