What spec do i go for some battleground fun?

For a casual pvper.. what spec do i go for some fun? I am not trying to get gladiator.. just a few battlegrounds a day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw is a lot of fun in bgs if you play casually, it can burst good, the spec is prty RNG but that is not to much of a trouble in casual play. It has very fun stuff like grappling hook cannonball barrage and other. roll the bone can be very fun to in PvP, good roll can trim you in a killing machine.

Personally I play mostly sub in PvP, it's not super bursty but it is a fun rotation and there is some very cool PvP talent to play with like thiefs bargain or shadowy duel.

Sin is probably the "best" spec in PvP but Im personally not a huge fan of it to fool around, it's very high dmg / squishy. I think it's the worst spec to play solo.

Deleted
    sub 99% of the time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Outlaw is a lot of fun in bgs if you play casually, it can burst good, the spec is prty RNG but that is not to much of a trouble in casual play. It has very fun stuff like grappling hook cannonball barrage and other. roll the bone can be very fun to in PvP, good roll can trim you in a killing machine.

Personally I play mostly sub in PvP, it's not super bursty but it is a fun rotation and there is some very cool PvP talent to play with like thiefs bargain or shadowy duel.

Sin is probably the "best" spec in PvP but Im personally not a huge fan of it to fool around, it's very high dmg / squishy. I think it's the worst spec to play solo.
    assasination is actually the worst pvp spec for rogues right now. combat and sub share 1st place but i think combat takes it at higher ratings

sry i meant outlaw

Deleted
    Depends on what you find fun. I used to be a big fan of battlegrounds on my rogue. But after templatws all the pvp nerfs I havent had much fun with rogue in bgs. Sure you can do the usual rogue tricks but you dont ever get to feel really strong. I can almost double the damage of my rogue with havoc dh that I dont even play that well.

Deleted
    For BG fun? Havoc. It's ridiculously overpowered at just doing damage.

For serious 3v3: Havoc is not represented at all in top level arena and there is a reason for it. When it comes to control, while it has got better, it's still not as impactful as other classes or providing as much utility.

For serious RBG: Things are far better than they are 3v3. However, here you generally entire a "taboo" issue of DH players, and most will only take a DH they know.

TL;DR. If you're not doing rated, Havoc.

Edit: I didn't realise this was in the Rogue section, saw first reply and assumed it was under PvP. Whoops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    sub 99% of the time

- - - Updated - - -

assasination is actually the worst pvp spec for rogues right now. combat and sub share 1st place but i think combat takes it at higher ratings

sry i meant outlaw
    Good to know, was it stronger earlyer in expac, I had this impression it was played a lot at high rank?

7+ Year Old Account
    I like Sub alot but can see why for casual BGs that Outlaw might be a little easier to pick up and roll the bones to stab people or maybe live lording at defending a node.

Good to know, was it stronger earlyer in expac, I had this impression it was played a lot at high rank?
    assassin has had periods in both s1 and s2 where it was the strongest spec in the entire game, however it has been nerfed again and is now the weakest rogue spec in rated play

it's still perfectly viable in casual play because absolutely anything is viable in casual play, in fact it has the most generous learning curve of the 3 specs which is really saying something because subtlety was basically turned into coloring by numbers in this xpac

maybe you should post less about pvp if you don't keep up with the changes -- you just spread your ignorance to others
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2017-03-27 at 01:46 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    maybe you should post less about pvp if you don't keep up with the changes -- you just spread your ignorance to others
    i think you should reread my 1st post and OP as it is all about casual pvp fun. Witch i actually do, i just don't care to much for what's top...

I think sub with these talents (infinite Shadow Dance) is the most fun for BGs. Lots of CC, decent DPS, decent self-sustain, and you can't be peeled easily.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2017-03-27 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, all or season 1 and half of season 2 the best spec was assassination. until they nerfed wound poison and agi by a lot