Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It kinda looks like it went through a SuperSal filter from a SNES emulator.

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I got mass recall, why i should bother to buy HD SC1 and so worse, probably for 60 euro because blizz rise up prices for everything they offer only in EU?

Hate in 3,2,1...
    Don't if you don't want it, what kind of dumbass question is that?

This is for those eager to play SC1 with modernized graphics, like many are for D2. They won't try to sell you on it.

Not impressed. SC/BW didn't need a remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Not impressed. SC/BW didn't need a remaster.
    says no one whos launched it on a modern machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to I will just play the Starcraft II remake for Starcraft I, than get this.
    Still enjoy the Warcraft Series the best, but I really like on how people remade Starcraft I in Starcraft II.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Remasters, HD versions are becoming too much of a trend for me to get excited about this.

With that said though, good job on them making what sounds like a seemless transition from the original to the remaster. I can definitely appreciate the design that has/is going into this.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    I've never played SC1, will do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really need 2 threads on this?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

If they are remastering SC then i guess they will do the same with Diablo 2 and thats nice

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just a graphics update? A bummer. Some modernization is definitely needed to get me interested.
    It's going to have some modernization, like a Matchmaking feature like SC2 to automatch you with someone of your same skill level. But for me the best part is....it is finally going to be integrated into the Blizzard Launcher. My god it took them long enough for that....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget vulture mines. They rise up, and then forget what they're supposed to do.

Truth is, I didn't play Starcraft to play Starcraft. I played it to play all the crazy shit peopel came up with. mazes, snipers, the battle at helms Deep, and my favorite game, Evolves. Nothing will replace playing these games online back then.

I hope this is not an april fools joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    says no one whos launched it on a modern machine.
    Uhm I'm playing it on Windows 10 with no issues.

No gameplay changes huh? Ok cool. Diablo 2 next please.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    seems like just a graphics and resolution update. not sure i like the zooming out part that always weird in old games, makes everything to small and you can see stuff you werent intended to see. 16:9 is great but 4k prolly means you can literally see the entire map at once.

the absolutely no gameplay changes ofc is both nice and meh. wish they would have done two modes, pure classic mode and a mode with modern things like multi building select, more then 12 unit select, etc, to make the game more appealing to those who never played it back in the day.
    Zoom out is only in replays.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Just a graphics update? A bummer. Some modernization is definitely needed to get me interested.
    They tried that With SC2 Also known as the Dead game that Blizzard killed.

SC1 is the National Sport of Korea.... If they even though it Korea would bomb Blizzard headquarters..... BW is pure BW is Love BW is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm I'm playing it on Windows 10 with no issues.
    then your eyes are bad or you dont realize that small resolution is ghetto as shit. it def needed an update for modern resolutions and scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    They tried that With SC2 Also known as the Dead game that Blizzard killed.

SC1 is the National Sport of Korea.... If they even though it Korea would bomb Blizzard headquarters..... BW is pure BW is Love BW is Life...
    Its funny it seems that blizzard is keen on nuking all thier current ips into the ground, they did it with diablo 3 and sc2 and have been trying thier best to nuke wow into the ground, and seems they forgot about warcraft all together.

The remaster looks fucking stupid.

Slightly better graphics, and scaled up for 1080p? Damn what an amazing new game it's going to suddenly become! And to top it all off, you have to pay for it instead of them being an actual company that rewards its consumers like it used to and giving it to us who have owned SC/BW for nearly 20 years.

The only way Remaster deserves to have a price attached to it is if they redid the entire graphical style to be like SC2 and built the game up from there. Not just make the graphics look slightly less terrible.

Who gives a shit if it looks like the old game. The old game looks like dogshit now. Its nearly 20 years old.

Mass Recall is way better for the exact same product, and is actually free.

Blizzard just doing what they do well in the last few years: tricking people into buying a subpar product with nostalgia.

With the revelation that this is the only thing they're doing to SC/BW, my hope that they'd ever do a War1/2/3 HD remake is completely dead. That's too much work and they'd rather rake in the cash with RNGstone, Heroes of the Pricetag and Overratedwatch instead than actually continue to support the three franchises that made them so popular.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-26 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    then your eyes are bad or you dont realize that small resolution is ghetto as shit. it def needed an update for modern resolutions and scaling.

- - - Updated - - -

Its funny it seems that blizzard is keen on nuking all thier current ips into the ground, they did it with diablo 3 and sc2 and have been trying thier best to nuke wow into the ground, and seems they forgot about warcraft all together.
    I agree it needs modern resolutions but it really doesn't bother me that much.