Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Is there anything Blizzard won't milk for all its worth these days?
    I remember the days when these guys actually put effort into making new, original games.
    They are just complete rip off merchants these days, like pretty much everyone else I suppose.
    That's what they always were. None of their games is completely original - it's practically their signature to take good ideas from other games on the market and mash them together into a polished(YMMV) product of their own. Starcraft took a lot from the Dune games IIRC, Warcraft 3 was a remix of SC mechanics with a bunch of new ideas thrown in, Overwatch takes a metric TON of ideas from Tribes, Global Agenda and Team Fortress 2. The only games I can't think of anything for are Diablo and Diablo 2(And the Lost Vikings of course).

WHY THE FUCK. Seriously go do the damn warcraft 4 and forget these remastered trashes. Let the legendary games stay legendary and stop ruinning them and focus creating the damn wc4 that millions want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    WHY THE FUCK. Seriously go do the damn warcraft 4 and forget these remastered trashes. Let the legendary games stay legendary and stop ruinning them and focus creating the damn wc4 that millions want
    Maybe they will if you stop acting like an entitled little b*tch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    As others said, a real remake in a new engine I'd be more excited about it. This honestly looks more like a mod or something done as a fan side project by a couple people.

It's free so not complaining, and I'm sure some hardcore SC1 people will enjoy it.
    It was not meant to be a new game. they probably only updated the graphics because it would be tiny on modern resolutions

This is fantastic news for fans of Starcraft! Congratulations. That said, personally I'd have preferred a remastered Warcraft 2. Maybe next time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    You know what I would like remastered+ ? That old vikings game from Blizzard. it's '+', because I'd want levels remade in 3D and whatnot.
    Lost Vikings in 2.5D would be amazing, like what they did with New Super Mario Bros. Lost Vikings 1 and 2 were both really good games.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    People are this fucking dumb and give blizzard money for old games. It's all window dressing. Here's an idea why not make something new.

I hope people are not dumb and fall for this and waste their money.
    Being a fan of SC1 and it's expansion I don't see this as a waste of time or money as long as they fix a number of bugs when ran on modern hardware as well.

As for something new what do you suggest? They've already made three games in genres they weren't familiar with so what more do you want them to do? Make a racing or platformer? They've already done those in the past so that wouldn't be "new" either. Maybe a Horror/Survival title? A Sandbox title or RPG maybe?
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    South Korea loves Starcraft, hence why they announced it there.

Blizzard updating one of their past successes is great! If we embrace it, we might be one step closer to getting vanilla WoW (for those who care. SC:BW is one of the most underrated games in western gaming. It got overshadow by many other worse similar RTS games that clearly did not have the same diversity or balance. Korea embraced it and it has by far been the most successful E-sport game in history. It created E-sport! Once you put some time into it, you will realize how genius it is, and how balanced and hard to master it is

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    South Korea loves Starcraft, hence why they announced it there.
    south korea < rest of world

Why does SC: RM look like a cell phone game?

The original Starcraft still looks better than the remastered version.

It's looks like Blizzard completely redone all the sprites from scratch instead of taking the old sprites and adding more detail to them + updating them to HD.

Plus, SC: RM looks too cartoony. But too realistic (like Starcraft 2) doesn't look good either.

I liked how the original Starcraft looks half cartoony and half realistic. But SC: RM looks 100% cartoony.

And why is Blizzard remastering the sound? They're probably going to make the badass sounding Protoss Zealot sound like a wimp. And they're probably going to make the Terran Ghost not sound cool anymore. If anything, all the units' voices are going to get downgraded. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard made the Terran Siege Tank's 120mm Shock Cannon sound like a BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Actually I'm here for FFXIV now. I just see front page shit cause it's uh, front page.
    You can easily set the home page for mmo to go straight the FF forums section and skip the front page or you could visit the myriad of other FF forums but that would mean you wouldn't be able to talk shit about a game you dont play

Deleted
    Well, its still one of the best games ever made, with recent b.net update and fact its free a lot of players are online right now. Its great to see the game running fine (was once a very active player)