Poll: A different remaster a better choice?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    In what way is it outdated? All the necessary changes have been made.
    I said that it still looks outdated. Because it does. Increased pixel count doesn't change the 90s art design, action bar, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have a D2+LoD remaster next. Either way it'll give me something to use my $250 of gold on.

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4 or a new and interesting fantasy universe would be preferable in my opinion.

I feel like warcraft is overdone at this point though, so maybe something fresh would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Remastering WC3 is like remastering WoW though, since it's the same engine.
    While the base was once WC3, they no longer resemble each other. Just like the Legion engine is nothing like it was in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I said that it still looks outdated. Because it does. Increased pixel count doesn't change the 90s art design, action bar, etc.
    Those are all a plus. There's no being outdated in aesthetics. In my taste the graphics are much better than those of SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?
    WC3 is a better game that SC.

SC2 is basically SC remastered, so we already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    There is still nothing wrong with WC3 and Frozen Throne.
    You tried playing on an ultra-wide monitor? Looks like ass. Also thanks to iCCUP, multiplayer on battle.net is dead.

Also, didn't vote because I'd like them to update WC3, StarCraft, AND do WC4.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2017-03-27 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luger View Post
    I'd rather they make a new game instead of being lazy and greedy.

Truly, Blizzard is out of imagination and bloated with followers. All of the truly inspired leaders are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    You tried playing on an ultra-wide monitor? Looks like ass. Also thanks to iCCUP, multiplayer on battle.net is dead.

Also, didn't vote because I'd like them to update WC3, StarCraft, AND do WC4.
    Very true, I logged in a couple of months ago, after waiting 20 min to get a game I gave up.

I would love a remastered warcraft 3

As for warcraft 4 that ship sailed the day WoW was released!

Unless both games could exist side by side with different lore outcomes which is incredibly unlikely then Warcraft 4 is destined to never to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    I like the starcraft storyline but theres already a new starcraft game out... Why not touch some wacraft rts?
    What makes you think they're not?

It takes longer time to remake WC3, because of more complex models and animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a Warcraft HD Trilogy made from HotS assets. The art style just fits so well. I think that is the best approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'd like to see WC3 get a remaster also. But there is already a fan project in progress to do just that (using the SC2 engine) that's already quite a long way into development. Plus, WC3 has aged a lot better than Starcraft. Starcraft needed it more.
    Lol?

Mass recall says hi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    WC3 is a better game that SC.

SC2 is basically SC remastered, so we already have it.
    No mass recall is quite literally. Sc1 in sc2. With more missions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drefanator View Post
    Would love to have a WC1/2 updated. Using an updated SC2 system, having the updated lore since a lot of 1/2 has been retconned. I'm not too worried about WC3, but both 1/2 cant be played anymore without a bunch of workarounds.
    Updated lol

The would literally need to remake the entire game.

Let me remind you what wc1 was. Wide open flat maps

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know exactly how bad WC1 was. Compared to RTS's since the late 90s its a monstrosity and nearly impossible to play by gameplay standards. It would have to be remade with proper levels, units, buildings etc. 2 at least has some semblance of how an RTS should be played, y'know like not having a grid system like 1 did. Yes, the games would have to be remade. Though really it could/would be a decent cash grab and even if its half as good as wc3 was it would be a good game.

What I mean by updated is more the lore situation since a lot of it is gone and changed. Characters have been changed. Major characters from 1/2 are now considered backseat characters to others, and vice versa.

I'd rather they make wc4 or remake WC2. However between Starcraft and Warcraft 3 remaster, Starcraft makes more sense, it's older. Last year I replayed both and I while both are obviously old games how SC played mechanically was more annoying and the graphics were way uglier than I remembered. Wc3 aged very well.

Really though, wc1 was never a good game, but I feel WC2 was and has a good story that a lot of new people can't play because it's so old. Diablo 1&2 remake would be cool too.
    X

Both the remaster and WC4...

As a warcraft oriented forum, we are obviously biased. Funnily enough, when I talk to people about the Starcraft remaster irl/on other games and hint that I would have prefered a Wc3 remaster, a lot of people seem to agree with me. Wc3 is definitely a great game, but Starcraft has Starcraft2 as a way to sate the playerbase.

I'd love a wc3 remaster for sure, and I sure hope Wc4 follows someday while the remaster revives Wc3 back to it's glory days, not that it's doing bad: 2016 was the 3rd best year in terms of prize money for the game. Sadly it's almost all in china.

7+ Year Old Account
    WC3 reamaster would be pretty great. I would also like to see them update and remaster WC1 and 2.

Diablo 2 LOD remastered >>>> all but SC 1 i think is better than Warcraft 3 imho.

Does WC3 even need to be remade? In terms of looks it doesn't look half as bad as a game from 1998 (Starcraft) and if Blizzard just added battle.net support to all old classic games it would be enough for most I reckon.