Poll: Were the cinemetics in WC3 better then current in game cinematics ?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Were the cinemetics in WC3 better then current in game cinematics ?

I love the epicness of Arthas walking up the frozen throne, killing his own father, ect. It was just so much more bad ass then a cartoonish dragon flying into the corrupted tears of elune. So much more dramatic.

Illidan summoning the naga was also an epic moment I will never forget. Archimond destroying dalaran in wc3, The human/orc army charging eachother in thralls vision.

I miss when Blizzard was about making Warcraft about war/blood and thunder. Not cartoonish cinema

While the cinematic is extremely dramatic, to pretend that Arthas' oversized armor that looks proportioned to fit the Incredible Hulk is not cartoonish is extremely disingenuous.

Plus you're comparing pre-rendered cutscenes that are the conclusions of the campaigns in an RTS to cutscenes that use touched up in-game models and are significantly greater in number and take much less time to produce.

Cutscenes like Arthas ascending the Frozen Throne, Illidan summoning the naga, and Archimonde destroying Dalaran are still made as the cinematic of each expansion. Plus, if you look at Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, they still make them for the exact same reasons they used to. Nothing has changed, WoW is just a different beast from Warcraft 3.

New ones fit with the game more. As much as I love the old Warcraft cinematics, they didn't match the game at all. Amazingly detailed cinematics to go along with a rather choppy (compared to current standards) game. The new cinematics actually use the in game models, and make it feel like it's happening in a story sequence. Best example is the Talador cinematic. Right after an explosion and a black screen for the player, it goes to a black screen and what happened right after that, using the same models we just fought with/against. tl:dr more fluidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the pre rendered cinematic like in WC3. It gives scope to the setting and you get to see the world as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    How much of a tool do you have to be to pretend that more than a decade old cinematics hold a candle to more modern ones.
    He means the in game ones, like the 7.2 trailer.

Waiter i didn't order this side of cringe.