Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Jesus Christ man do you even read the nonsense you post sometimes? The USSR was formed in 1922, became a "bad guy" in the late 1940's and disbanded in 1991. Where does 300 years of police state come from lol?

Hell 150 years ago your country had a civil war, during which Russia's support for the USA unwavered while you had to threaten Britain and France with war in order to discourage us from officially recognising the legitimacy of the CSA.

Is this fake cold way ideology that Russia and the west are incompatible and always have been so ingrained in you that you simply cannot admit that the cold war is over? It was a bad 44 years but it's done with and the only way it will ever return is if people like you refuse to move on.
    And Russian Empire was formed in 1721. So @Skroe was off by merely four years. The only thing that changed in how Russia rules its people is the ideology behind it (and even that has common elements like "Russia stronk") and the person on top of the totem pole. Also, just gotta lol at the claim that USSR became a bad guy only in late 40's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And Russian Empire was formed in 1721.
    Yeah and aside from the 44 years of USSR nonsense Russia got on fine with the west. Hell like I said during the US civil war they were better allies to the USA than we (Britain) or France were lol.

It's kind of comical that the years of cold war rhetoric has brainwashed those like Skroe into believing the myth that A: Russia and America were always enemies, and B: They always must be. We may well be headed into another cold war in a few years purely because American hard liners cannot except that the last one ended

*EDIT*

To put into context how silly this "hurr, durr, Russia and America always enemies" nonsense is. The reason you guys own Alaska today despite it being on the side of Canada is because when Russia decided to sell it, they approached their friend the USA first because they were on better trading terms than the British Empire (who owned Canada).
    Last edited by caervek; 2017-03-27 at 12:22 PM.

Yeah and aside from the 44 years of USSR nonsense Russia got on fine with the west. Hell like I said during the US civil war they were better allies to the USA than we (Britain) or France were lol.

It's kind of comical that the years of cold war rhetoric has brainwashed those like Skroe into believing the myth that A: Russia and America were always enemies, and B: They always must be. We may well be headed into another cold war in a few years purely because American hard liners cannot except that the last one ended
    Brainwashed? Go back a decade you'd see me be one of the biggest proponents of US-Russian cooperation. Hell I wanted to bring Russia into NATO.

But then Georgia happened.
    And then Ukraine happened.
    Then the INF Treaty violation happened.
    Then Russia's withdraw from the CFIE treaty happened.
    And then Syria happened.
    And then Russia's attack on America last year happened.

You're delusional caervek. You're like Dajlil was before he vanished: pathetically hanging onto a world that's changed very rapidly int he last decade. Yes, the Cold War ended 25 years ago. And then a whole lot of history happened that made the nothing-but-sunshine dreams of that come to absolutely nothing.

Russia has been engaging in progressive and systemic aggression against the West and the United States over the last decade. Sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending it's all a minor misunderstanding or a result (laughably) of Western provocations is just going to give Vladmir Putin's regime more room to press their agenda.

They must not be allowed to. Quite the contrary to your point, I'd be overjoyed if Russia and the US could have good relations... but on OUR terms and we would not be equals in any regard (only democracies are equals). China is the real enemy. But also the further one... beyond 2030. In the now, in 2017, Russia is the real threat and a prerequisite to better relations is the end of Putin's regime. No Yalta II. Not "deals". Russia does what we want or we punish them further.

Basically... keep up. The world's changed. Change with it. This is the post-post-9/11 era and Great Power Conflict is back.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-03-27 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not "deals". Russia does what we want or we punish them further.
    Who is "we"?

LePen will lift the EU sanctions and tell Germany to fuck off. Tillerson met with Putin and Co in private. You should stop hyperventilating and stop browsing https://www.reddit.com/r/thenewcoldwar/.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Who is "we"?

LePen will lift the EU sanctions and tell Germany to fuck off. Tillerson met with Putin and Co in private. You should stop hyperventilating and stop browsing https://www.reddit.com/r/thenewcoldwar/.
    LePen won't get elected lol...

And TrumpRussiaGate has made Russia radioactive in the US. Sanctions are continuing (and will likely be expanded) and the deployment of military forces to Eastern Europe is continuing. The Pentagon is still as hostile to Russia as ever. Cooperation on Syria? Not happening, lol.

So "we" is the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is "we"?

Even if i entertain you for a second here, even if Le Pen wins with a majority, she will not have anyone to rule with and in Europe due to how our political system works you need to form an absolute majority something she cannot. So the only way this wet dream comes into play is going out that FN gets more than 50% of the votes. Bonne chance.

Also she is already losing again the latest polls, her ties to Russia aren't paying off more like the opposite and the americans are now sinking their teeth into Russian influences during these elections so crosshair is aimed on that. Want to bet a few more scandals regarding Le Penn surface soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is "we"?

Yes, we. The guy's that explicitly been promising to remove sanctions are resigning. There are investigations ongoing into Russian influence. Trump couldn't get his healthcare through. Yet, you think removing sanctions on Russia, during an ongoing investigation into Russian support of Trump, is going to work out?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go back a decade you'd see me be one of the biggest proponents of US-Russian cooperation. Hell I wanted to bring Russia into NATO.

And then Syria happened.
    Okay, in order:

1: Georgia attacked a smaller neighbour and got it's butt whipped by Russia who then chased it home and gave it another spanking for good measure. It was the exact same situation as Iraq/Kuwait in Desert Storm except this time it was Team Russia playing the hero so the western media had to find a way to villainize it.

2: I will fully admit that Crimea was handled badly, but also that there wasn't really a better way to handle it under the circumstances. I would like to have seen the west do a better job (which I am fully confident we would not have given our track record).

3: That happened this year and almost certainly wouldn't have it not for the anti-Russian build up by the west in recent years. Amazingly if you threaten/bully people repeatedly for years they start to feel threatened /shock.

4: What's the CFIE treaty?

5: The war in Syria was ongoing for over five years before Russia got involved, trying to blame it on them five years in advance is pretty steep considering the USA started bombing a full year before they did.

6: You're referring to the hack attack on the Democrats? The perpetrators of which haven't even been fully determined yet (No, politicians claiming "it was state sponsored Russian hackers, trust us!" with no proof is not a conclusion, not in the post Iraq age).

You're delusional caervek.
    I love the way you say that a sentence after claiming Russia attacked the USA in 2016, just for added comedic value ^^

Russia has been engaging in progressive and systemic aggression against the West and the United States over the last decade.
    No, the USA has been engaging in progressive and systemic aggression against Russia over the last decade and they are starting to push back.

I'd be overjoyed if Russia and the US could have good relations... but on OUR terms and we would not be equals in any regar
    So you want to get along with Russia, but only if they're your bitch. And you still can't see how the breakdown in relations has been caused by people with your mindset? Sad...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, we. The guy's that explicitly been promising to remove sanctions are resigning. There are investigations ongoing into Russian influence. Trump couldn't get his healthcare through. Yet, you think removing sanctions on Russia, during an ongoing investigation into Russian support of Trump, is going to work out?
    Trump will drop out of the election any minute. Just need to phone bank harder and match my donation!

Brainwashed? Go back a decade you'd see me be one of the biggest proponents of US-Russian cooperation. Hell I wanted to bring Russia into NATO.

And then Syria happened.
    I see you are still using your hypocritical tactcis of oversimplifying things and outright lying when it suits, I wonder just how long will it take you understand, people on the Internet no longer buy your long winded disingenuity.
    Just to dispell another pile of biased lies so that those you hope to sway won't fall for it -

1. Georgia. Georgia attacked first, http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ge...58T62120090930 enough of false accusations, MSM should've apologized for painting a wrong picture, but they don't ever, cuz they're propaganda on par with RT, but what are /you/ thinking I really don't know. Actually I do know, you live in a reality where your country can do everything they want, which is even more pathetic when you cry that other countries also do what they think they can get away with.

2. Ukraine. The conflict has only just began, it's too early to assign guilt(although not for your "professional" and "unbiased" "democratic" MSM which are little less than tabloids today). And don't even get me started about specifics like how the US Government actively supported the violent protesters on Maidan.

3. INF violation?? Firstly,
    “I don’t think even the surreptitious and very disagreeable deployment of a hundred SS-20s would have a very significant military effect. I think the SS-20s, in my judgment, in fact, is not a terribly useful military weapon. I think it would have far-reaching political effects… But almost any kind of violation of the INF agreement that I can think of is not likely to be very militarily significant.”

– Testimony of Zbigniew Brzezinski before the Senate Armed Services Committee on the INF Treaty, February 16, 1988
    Secondly and most importantly you conveniently "forget" that USA withdrawn from ABM treaty back in 2001
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-B...Missile_Treaty

And the conventional arms treaty withdrawal was response to the threat of growing NATO+many other threats that the attempted hegemon posed(Despite the notion that NATO won't expand see here http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-663315.html)

Syria happened. So you claim we should've abandoned our only trustworthy ally to a bunch of rebells even US Government knows little about?? So that it could be another Lybia or Iraq, so that you controlled the oil flow in middle east like you so desperately want??? To make Syria into another terrorist nest?? I can't believe God lets people like you breathe.

And to top it off "Russia's attack on America last year hello? Are you still living in that MSM universe???
    It is //you// who needs to understand the world has changed and moving towards multipolarity, so forget about your short lived success in brainwashing people to believe warmongering idiocity, no one buys this stuff anymore, aside from few of your forum sidekicks and anti-russian trolls like Hubcap and Felya

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Wow, we're linking police violence videos now??? Just say the word, you don't believe the stuff that happens in cradle of democracy the USA.

This just in from RT

Unauthorized opposition protest was provocation, rally organizers lied to activists, Kremlin

“In fact what we saw yesterday in some places, particularly in Moscow, was provocation and lies, because those who claimed on the previous day in pseudoacademic language that the event was lawful and in no way violated the law – they were telling blatant lies,” Dmitry Peskov told journalists on Monday.

“The Kremlin respects the civil position of the people and their right to express this position… But we cannot respect those who deliberately misguide people, those who did it yesterday and the day before yesterday, provoking them into illegal activities,” he said.

“We cannot respect those who deliberately misguided minors, children in fact, by agitating them, promising certain rewards for taking part in an unsanctioned event, exposing them to harm,” he added.

So Navalny was arrested for lying to the demonstrators....

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This just in from RT

Unauthorized opposition protest was provocation, rally organizers lied to activists, Kremlin

“In fact what we saw yesterday in some places, particularly in Moscow, was provocation and lies, because those who claimed on the previous day in pseudoacademic language that the event was lawful and in no way violated the law – they were telling blatant lies,” Dmitry Peskov told journalists on Monday.

“The Kremlin respects the civil position of the people and their right to express this position… But we cannot respect those who deliberately misguide people, those who did it yesterday and the day before yesterday, provoking them into illegal activities,” he said.

“We cannot respect those who deliberately misguided minors, children in fact, by agitating them, promising certain rewards for taking part in an unsanctioned event, exposing them to harm,” he added.

So Navalny was arrested for lying to the demonstrators....
    Well, Navalny entire stance of "We're the only ones who understand law! They failed to provide us alternative in allotted time, so our initial place stands!" was pretty much asking to be arrested...

*EDIT*

To put into context how silly this "hurr, durr, Russia and America always enemies" nonsense is. The reason you guys own Alaska today despite it being on the side of Canada is because when Russia decided to sell it, they approached their friend the USA first because they were on better trading terms than the British Empire (who owned Canada).
    Fascinating. Now do explain how any of this is supposed to counter the initial argument that you disagreed with, i.e. that Russia has been a police state for 300 years. I'll help you out to start: getting on fine with the west is inconsequential in this context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Fascinating. Now do explain how any of this is supposed to counter the initial argument that you disagreed with, i.e. that Russia has been a police state for 300 years. I'll help you out to start: getting on fine with the west is inconsequential in this context.
    Which definition of "police state" are you using?

Deleted
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...orted-46381149

Someone was going to make a thread eventually.

So There are protests and arrests in Belarus and Russia. Navalny is one of the many opposition figures in Russia but his clout is much smaller than western media makes it out to be.

Putin and his entire government are corrupt pieces of trash. Russians have a right to get rid of them or let them in power. As long as there is not a repeat of the 90s. Fuck the 90s.
    Anal-ny is paid for by US n the Oligarchs, it's no wonder the whole country hates him, ofc western fake-news will paint him as more influential than he is.

The point to paint him like that is so to have a narrative ready once CIA finally whacks him once he becomes even more useless than he is now. And then the sheeple will blame Russia for the murder.

Anal-ny also sided against Donbass n Lugansk in Ukraine, guy is a freaking traitor. If Putin was the guy western fake news portray him as, Anal-ny would already been dead, yet he is allowed to run around n make a fool of himself. Meaning he is worth more alive as a symbol of treason n the ones who would whack him are the same ones who would declare him a martyr.

This bitch traitor is darling of west, I wonder why!
    http://www.rferl.org/a/russia-navaln.../28189546.html
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-03-27 at 05:38 PM.

Nothing to see here folks but a CIA backed opposition leader along with protestors paid for by Soros trying to cause trouble because Vlad made Hillary lose the election after she tried to do the same in 2011 but failed miserably. Putin owns the USA you cant beat him. Crimea, Georgia, Ukraine, Syria, and the US Democracy were all won by Vlad and all Russia got in response is some sanctions lmao. out of 145 million ppl like 10 thousand showed up to protest big woop Vlad still has a high 80% approval rating and will win re election easily. Skroes just but hurt because Russia under Putin is on its way to be way better than the USSR ever imagined. America is slowly falling behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

It was my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong, that most people whom got arrested were arrested because the protests were not autorized. Getting arrested for breaking the law is rather common, isn't it? Same happens here in Germany.

Are you Russians on the same texting list so that your supervisor just has to send out one text so that you all get it?

"Cybran posted on MMO-C about demonstrations, all unites please respond immediately!"

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    On topic: Won't be long before Putin goes down. He's a terrible, corrupt leader and I hope when his regime eventually gets overthrown that he suffers a horrible fate.
    Well, he only has one next election in 2018, and by the end of that term in 2024 he'll be a bit too old for another swap like in 2008.

So, yeah, less then decade left even in worst case!

You aren't going to like his replacement too though.