Deleted

Mandatory 7.2 pvp fotm thread.

Didn't see one yet and the patch is coming soon, so I thought it was about time to have a fotm pvp thread

I read everywhere Ferals are going to do well in Arena (-teams) and Boomy/Warrior will continue to be very strong.
    And as healers are concerned, MW monk is said to get close to god-mode.

Anything you've read, heard or experienced yourself on the PTR?

Deleted
    Casters, casters everywhere.

Everybody scales off 900 ilvl now. So considerably more haste and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Didn't see one yet and the patch is coming soon, so I thought it was about time to have a fotm pvp thread

I read everywhere Ferals are going to do well in Arena (-teams) and Boomy/Warrior will continue to be very strong.
    And as healers are concerned, MW monk is said to get close to god-mode.

Anything you've read, heard or experienced yourself on the PTR?
    Boomkin should be less damage dominant in BGs/arena but better at burst, right? At least I thought that's what I gathered from the last notes I saw.
    Also I thought MW was getting nerfed? (at least their mobility which is essentially the majority of what they have)

Personally I'd link most up to date patch notes (even though I think it may be on the front page xD) if I was gonna open a thread like this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Casters, casters everywhere.

Everybody scales off 900 ilvl now. So considerably more haste and stuff.

Wait, huh? Is that true? Where did they say that?

I recall seeing a blue on this or maybe it was a dev interview, I can't remember myself. Not sure if it was Tuesday or later, but I did see 900 ilvl was coming for 7.2.

If the template is 900ilvl that means gear will be even less of a factor than it currently is? Not many people have 910/920/930ilvl etc for those extra 1%/2%/3%.

My top guesses are:

1) Hunter comps (PHX and Jungle)
    2) RMX
    3) Turbo / other meleecleave variants
    4) Bursty Mage/X/Healer comp

With the massive nerfs to balance & DH and the insane overall damage increases I think burst comps are going to become far better than they are currently and thus become FotM.

I firmly believe RMx and PHx will be the best comps, partly because if RMx is good then Jungle is bad (RMx pretty much counters Jungle) and I seriously doubt Blizzard would let Legion Turbo reign for more than a week (I mean WoD turbo was bad, but Legion Turbo makes it look like the epitome of skill). Another possibility is that some weird castercleave with Mage could become incredibly OP with the haste increases too, for example Ele/Mage or Mage/Warlock.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2017-03-28 at 12:30 PM.

Higher haste? Well LSD is going to be even more epic now then!

Affliction - Elemental - Resto! All benefit greatly so much from Haste.

No changes to Elemental as well which was expected as they have been ''tuned'' in hotfixes loads in 7.1.5 - Not sure about Affliction, guess they will be as good as normal - Resto druids will always be in the top tier..

Tanks are pretty broken atm, some are rocking 7+ million health in bgs....and dont get me start on dh tanks

Deleted
    Ok, 7.2 is live and I can now confirm I am completely unkillable as a restobear druid in pvp