Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    Dogs are Carnivores, just not Hyper-Carnivores. They can process a few rare plants, usually tubers and roots, and Eggs. However, they cannot subsist on Grain or Leafage.

This is why Dogs are shit livestock animals and usually why most carnivores are. Another is their diet to mass ratio. A Dog needs to eat far more food than you'll ever get off of it.

Things like Sheep,Goats, Cows and even Horses are much more efficient creatures for food. All of this factors in to the taste of the meat as well I may add, which is why Dog is just piss poor meat.
    They easily eat nearly rotten meat, their stomachs are designed to handle it, skin, bones (marrow from them), other parts people don't eat are used to feed dogs on farms.

Dogs that are bred for food are living food waste recycling factories, kinda, they eat everything that can't be eaten by humans, in return they "produce" edible meat.

And don't forget that dogs aren't mass-bred. Number of dogs that are eaten is relatively small.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-27 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

"Well done Stan. Now the Japanese are normal like us"

Oh well, he's banned now... Entertaining shit show is over T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny you should mention that, Because yes, for the Chinese especially, I could angle their culture does to create Sociopaths. Like I said before, their overarching culture seems to strangle empathy.
    [citation needed] when you come back from your time out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there are objective moral truths to the world.

western society is morally correct on this issue.

in an ideal world, nobody would need to eat meat, not even other animals.
    Yeah, including animals eating other animals.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a photo. Look how cute those two are.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wolf down Big Macs like they're TicTac's.

Many fishes we eat are carnivore. If that matters anyway.

I wonder if you protest against Halal meat.
    I bet that you protest against it for a fact even when done with sedation.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    They easily eat nearly rotten meat, their stomachs are designed to handle it, skin, bones (marrow from them), other parts people don't eat are used to feed dogs on farms.

Dogs that are bred for food are living food waste recycling factories, kinda, they eat everything that can't be eaten by humans, in return they "produce" edible meat.

And don't forget that dogs aren't mass-bred. Number of dogs that are eaten is relatively small.
    Correct. Up until very VERY recently in human and dog history in the West, dogs ate what humans discarded which was basically the worst of the worst. Haha, how the dog kibble manufacturers would want to argue with you though! They have dog owners believe that dogs are unable to handle anything other than kibble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Correct. Up until very VERY recently in human and dog history in the West, dogs ate what humans discarded which was basically the worst of the worst. Haha, how the dog kibble manufacturers would want to argue with you though! They have dog owners believe that dogs are unable to handle anything other than kibble.
    Hehe, marketing at its finest

there are objective moral truths to the world.

western society is morally correct on this issue.

in an ideal world, nobody would need to eat meat, not even other animals.
    Horse-puckey. Meat is glorious. It's just that dogs are further down the list of things to eat than even humans are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Holy shit, didn't think it was that big a number...
    I am pretty sure it is much larger then that. Before I went scrambling out the door for the day I wasn't going to dig around to try and find something more accurate.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I don't care that they are dogs. We should be pushing to treat animals raised for slaughter as more humanely though. Animal type really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Do you also want to kill all lions and tigers as well? because they will rip your face off when u offer them vegetable I assure you.
    That has nothing to do with what I said.

So because I don't like people eating dogs and torturing them, I'm racist because I don't see that the same way as people cooking lobsters alive. But I do, but because I'm not whining about the lobsters, I am an evil racist?

Here is the kicker. I don't hate Korean or Chinese people. Even when they torture or eat the dogs. I don't hate them because of their colour of their skin or that they are from china or Korea, I hate their culture, I hate their customs, but not the people.

That's not racism.
    That is racism though, in modern parlance. Racism has become an umbrella term that shelters xenophobia under its wings. So, you're a racist. Just learn to accept it. If you don't like being called a racist, quit professing xenophobic ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom
    Although I personally find it absolutely horrible to eat dogs, if it's legal in that country, then I'm fine with that. So long as the dogs are killed humanely.
    Dogs aren't humans, they should do it in the most efficient and least costly way instead.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    They are bred and raised as cattle, not pets. People getting upset over that very crucial fact. The real fucked up thing is the conditions and how they kill/cook them, that is often inhumane.

Most of you would be wondering why Hindus would freak out if they saw how we raise cows, slaughter, and eat them. Or just laughing it off. This is no different.

Why? Cause we have a shortage of dogs here?

Those animals won't make very good pets, they have been bred for centuries as food. Don't count on having a loyal friend like you would with breeds specifically meant for family pets.

i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.
    If our race became vegetarians we'd literally regress as a species and move backwards

i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.
    That still requires loss of life to sustain you... but you clearly don't think plant lives matter....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Dogs aren't humans, they should do it in the most efficient and least costly way instead.
    humane
    hjʊˈmeɪn/Submit
    adjective
    having or showing compassion or benevolence.
    "regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals"
    synonyms: compassionate, kind, kindly, kind-hearted, considerate, understanding, sympathetic, tolerant, civilized, good, good-natured, gentle; More
    formal
    (of a branch of learning) intended to have a civilizing effect on people.
    "the humane education of literary study"

now that's out of the way