Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    If I recall correctly, it has to do with attack animations.
    So they claim.... while allowing hunters to mog between guns/bows which have different animations.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors were always masters of weaponry. The are proficient with every type of weapon except wands. That's a big part of the class. It makes perfect sense for a Warrior to use a staff. They're not just magic sticks you know, you can whack things with them to. Look at monks. Not just WoW monks, but monks in Diablo and monks in general in fantasy. They are often times portrayed as staff wielding warriors, smacking heads left and right.

Also, as mentioned, animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    So they claim.... while allowing hunters to mog between guns/bows which have different animations.
    They probably worked in an exception for that. I recall the outrage from hunters who didn't like guns, apparently the shooting sound really gets on some peoples nerves.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Warriors were always masters of weaponry. The are proficient with every type of weapon except wands. That's a big part of the class. It makes perfect sense for a Warrior to use a staff. They're not just magic sticks you know, you can whack things with them to. Look at monks. Not just WoW monks, but monks in Diablo and monks in general in fantasy. They are often times portrayed as staff wielding warriors, smacking heads left and right.

Also, as mentioned, animations.

They probably worked in an exception for that. I recall the outrage from hunters who didn't like guns, apparently the shooting sound really gets on some peoples nerves.
    Yeah, they did make some kind of workaround, which there's no good reason for not also extending to stuff like daggers/fists.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    If I recall correctly, it has to do with attack animations.
    And how unlike are a 2 handed sword from a 1 handed sword attacks that they cannot be transmogged ? If you held it in both arms, yeah sure, but you hold it with 1 arm and swing it. It wouldnt matter one single bit if you had a 2 hander or a 1 hander.

It sucks so hard that rogues can only use daggers, monks can only use fist weapons. Limits transmogs so hard. They need to remove this bs next expansion. Artifact weapons ruined transmogs

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they did make some kind of workaround, which there's no good reason for not also extending to stuff like daggers/fists.
    Might be a lot of work, I dunno.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

I wish as a feral i could mog my daggers into anything else!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Except for hunters. I can transmog bows into crossbows and guns, which do not share the same animations.
    Technically, so can a rogue or a warrior equipping a bow. Which would be pointless obviously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The animation is what dictates what you can and can't transmog a weapon into currently. A staff can be equipped by a warrior and shares animations with polearm and such.
    Wielding two twohanders as fury has the same animation as wielding onehanders.

I'm a bit upset about the animations if i transmog my holy artifact into a sword, axe or mace because the animations (holy artifact acts like a staff animation wise) stay the same. This looks goofy and off.
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2017-03-28 at 10:49 PM.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not logical gameplay wise though
    Well, I mean if Jax from League of Legends is still able to be ridiculously powerful equipped with only a lamp post, then I don't think having a staff mogged on a warrior is that big of an issue.

Except for hunters. I can transmog bows into crossbows and guns, which do not share the same animations.
    They have been able to use both interchangeably from the start, and that specific exception was to offer an alternative to sound replacements.
    It breaks nothing, while those without animation support by default by way of the weapon proficiency would do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They have been able to use both interchangeably from the start, and that specific exception was to offer an alternative to sound replacements.
    It breaks nothing, while those without animation support by default by way of the weapon proficiency would do so.
    I know the why. It still doesn't change the fact that different animations is not the real issue, as that can evidently be made to work.

As a hunter I have to say they didn't go far enough. I'd like to be able to transmog into dual-wielding one-handers and the ability to select which sound my attacks make (bow/crossbow or gun). No real lore reasons as to why I wouldn't be able to shoot bullets out of an axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    *snip*

my druid looks so cool
    Heh... I'm reminded of that one Asmongold video where he judged a bunch of transmog sets.

There was a "druid" wearing the same look, and he was dumbfounded when he found out the "druid" was actually a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Heh... I'm reminded of that one Asmongold video where he judged a bunch of transmog sets.

There was a "druid" wearing the same look, and he was dumbfounded when he found out the "druid" was actually a warrior.
    I think you're actually onto something too, I think that may be a warrior (in the pic) - but Yeah, assmonglers vids are some of my fav (I guess I don't watch his stream, but the CatDany recap vids are PRIME), asmongold is always going ham on people for wearing full sets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Paladins couldn't use staves in Vanilla.
    Never have been able to.

Because you don't know how to use the apostrophe.

wish my DK could transmog fist weapons

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea isn't that they SHARE animations, just that animations are available for those weapons.

Hunters have animations available for all 3 ranged weapon types, different ones in some cases, but they exist, and so can be cross mogged. Similar for warriors, as they could use a stave if they wanted, the animations had to be made for staves as well as axes etc.

The issues you get are when certain animations aren't made with other weapon types in mind. This is most obvious with rogues, where a bunch of their animations REQUIRE daggers to be equipped, in such cases, Blizz didn't see any logical reason to create an animation for those abilities that took into account swords, axes or fist weapons, so if you could mog your assassination daggers into fist weapons, half your animations would not work, or look out of place/ridiculous.

Another example would be retribution paladins, where all of their abilities are animated on the basis of using a 2 hander, not 1 handers.

The only real place I see this falling apart is fury warriors cannot currently mog their artefact to 1 handers, though most of their abilities work fine due to single minded fury.

I know the why. It still doesn't change the fact that different animations is not the real issue, as that can evidently be made to work.
    It's not the base melee animations- it's abilities meant for use with a particular weapon type that have nothing built in for the others. The holdup for polearms to axes/swords was Fury until they revamped animations.

The holdup for daggers is rogue abilities that can only be used with daggers and have no animation built for other weapons. And fist weapons are just all around strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Never have been able to.
    Correct, that is what I said :P