The massive content patch we've all been dreaming of is here, there's a hell of a lot of content to get through, so take your time and enjoy. Third party tools are used to get all the data dumped into BBCode so please let me know if you see some issues.
TL;DR: New heroes, new battleground, new programs, new skins, a revamp of the progression system, new currencies, cinematics and more. Click the link above for more details!
Timeline for future details
Announcement Announcement Date Details Reddit Q&A March 30 Click here for thread Heroes Timeline April 12 Timeline New Hero April 17 Genji from Overwatch New Battleground April 17 Hanamura from Overwatch Launch Event April 18 Dignitas v FNATIC, Cinematic and Hero Reveal Reddit Q&A 2 April 19 Details New Bundles April 20 Mega Hero Bundles New Program April 20 Tryhard - For Good! Cinematic April 25 Nexus Challenge 2.0 April 25 Event April 25 New Hero April 25
New Hero: Genji
Once the carefree youngest scion of the Shimada clan, Genji was cut down by his own brother for refusing to take part in their illegal ventures. Grafted into a cyborg body by Overwatch, Genji walks his own path as one who fights for what’s right.
Genji is an augmented cyborg ninja whose agility and skill make him an exceptionally lethal threat. In Heroes of the Storm, this new Hero is an opportunistic, highly-mobile Assassin who can tear apart a weak backline.
- [D] Cyber Agility: Activate to jump to target area.
- [Q] Shuriken: Throw 3 Shuriken in a spread pattern dealing each damaging the first enemy it hits. Stores up to 3 charges. Shuriken’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- [W] Deflect: Become Protected for 1.25 seconds. Any damage blocked during this period causes Genji to throw a Kunai toward the nearest enemy, prioritizing Heroes and dealing damage.
- [E] Swift Strike: Dash forward, dealing damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy Heroes who die within 2 seconds after being hit by Swift Strike cause the cooldown and Mana cost to be refunded.
- [R1] Dragonblade: Unleash the Dragonblade for 8 seconds. While active, Dragonblade can be reactivated to lunge forward and slash in a huge arc. If any enemy Heroes are killed within 2 seconds after being hit by Dragonblade, Swift Strike’s cooldown is reset.
- [R2] X-Strike: Perform 2 perpendicular slashes that deal damage and ignite after 1.25 seconds, dealing additional damage to enemies in their area of effect.
Dedicated thread can be found here
New Battleground: Hanamura
Hanamura is a two lane, payload style map which works similarly to Towers of Doom in that it's impossible to directly attack the core.
Payloads briefly appear on the map for both teams, you must escourt these to their designated destination to deal damage to the enemy core. Destroyed 'towns' increase your payload hit by one and, like ToD, there's a boss who will deal damage directly as well - though he's apparently a beast that can eat heroes, literally.
Merc camps exist as well, but provide power ups rather than push the lane. Each camp drops a different power up, ranging from Dragon Spirits that seek out enemy heroes and reveal them to large AoE heals and placeable turrets to give everyone the Gazlowe bug.
Let's play with the devs
Progression 2.0 Spotlight
Big album here with some new tints: http://imgur.com/a/UAXr8