Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hype.

Only thing I'm worried about are sales. I'm curious as to wether they will still offer the weekly 50% off skins/heroes, the release bundle, and larger monthly bundles. Or if they will just offer occasional discounts on gems. Either way works I think as long as they have something that goes for at least 50% off.

15+ Year Old Account
    OMG this looks great. Nothing gets me more hyped, in any game, than massive content dumps. Even if they turn out not to be great, the hype is great. The excitement at work, tryin to get home so I can play beta, oh, its fun.

This new stuff looks great. Can't wait!!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Alarak announcer? How terribly unsatisfying.

EDIT: LOL, is Berserker Kharazim a Wolverine tribute? The hair and beard, also yellow shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    No Alarak announcer? How terribly unsatisfying.
    IKR? He has one of the best voices of any Blizzard character. :d At the very least it's on par with the D3 male crusader.

Also, I'm an idiot. I was expecting an earlier release because it seemed a hero was tied to it, looks like this'll probably hit a bit before the heroes anniversary. No idea if they're just gonna release heroes as they always have in between but test them in the beta rather than ptr, I don't see why they wouldn't. http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/ For sauce.

In addition to that, it seems there might be a cap on 70 lootboxes for veteran players. http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroe...on/#cashing-in Sauce.
    Not sure how I feel about it. I get that they can't just give someone 200 chests on the patch day and the 1.0 reward system is what allowed me to get a full hero collection (though dailies probably did the brunt of the work but w/e) and master skins. On the other hand, I miss out on some easy level rewards and might feel a little less inclined to play low level heroes in order to unlock easy booty coffers. Then again, it seems like skin tints will be unlocked seperatly now, so it's not like you miss out on everything. Guess it's best to wait until we have all the info, that didn't stop a whine thread from surfacing on reddit but oh well.

Jewels... so it's going to be like the mobile game now? Two currency, one for real gold and another for the things you do in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Jewels... so it's going to be like the mobile game now? Two currency, one for real gold and another for the things you do in the game.
    You can unlock everything in-game including skins now without having to pay a cent after this update.

You can pay money to expedite the process of acquiring a hero or skin you really want though.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    This game is becoming more and more hipster-cod-like-kiddo-friendly oriented.

How about they first fix terrible matchmaking? One of the main reasons people don't play this game.
    How about they fix atrocious re-connecting? No, personally I'm not having problems with DCs, but other players do and getting 20sec dc might result in 2-5 min reconnecting, aka catching-up. This kind of system was laughed at 15 years ago.

No wonder playerbase is very low and is not getting any bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post

How about they first fix terrible matchmaking? One of the main reasons people don't play this game.
    How about they fix atrocious re-connecting? No, personally I'm not having problems with DCs, but other players do and getting 20sec dc might result in 2-5 min reconnecting, aka catching-up. This kind of system was laughed at 15 years ago.

Citation needed because that's plain false.

Also just because you personally dislike something doesn't mean it's turning into "hipster-cod-like-kiddo-friendly" .

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Okay, can't get ingame or test the 2.0 PTR tonight, so how do we min-max correctly? Do we level characters to level 9 before the system changes or after, do we buy Master Skins now or after the changes? Would it be ideal to completely stop levelling now - a strange incentive that would be...

Inform me please, fellow nerds.

Deleted
    I'm hyped!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Okay, can't get ingame or test the 2.0 PTR tonight, so how do we min-max correctly? Do we level characters to level 9 before the system changes or after, do we buy Master Skins now or after the changes? Would it be ideal to completely stop levelling now - a strange incentive that would be...

All of your current progress will be changed to it's equivalent value after the new update. So no, don't stop leveling if you want.

I don't think your master skins or how you buy them get affected as opposed to cosmetic skins you can buy from the store. Any skins you already bought stay with you and you will get shards for duplicates similar to coins in Overwatch.

Deleted
    Citation?

It's the only game Blizzard hasn't provided any information regarding its playerbase, that should already give you a hint.

And you want citation? Compare views at Twitch with other mobas, go to hotslog and you can easily extract well-guessed number.

So please, spare me your "plain false".

it's not about disliking something, it's about not focusing on real problems, they waste resources on sprays and other meaningless shit

10+ Year Old Account

LoL is also crap, so what's is the diffrence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Citation?

It's the only game Blizzard hasn't provided any information regarding its playerbase, that should already give you a hint.

And you want citation? Compare views at Twitch with other mobas, go to hotslog and you can easily extract well-guessed number.

So please, spare me your "plain false".

it's not about disliking something, it's about not focusing on real problems, they waste resources on sprays and other meaningless shit
    Whatever you say mate . Not going to waste time arguing with the usual "the game is literally dead" crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got in, I got 10 lootboxes based on the hero levels I had in total on the ptr (which wasn't much).

You can reroll the rewards you get from a lootbox by using 250 gold !!! Got a crap reward from opening a rare chest, I rerolled and promptly got two rare skins instead.

Cost to reroll goes up the more you reroll.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-03-29 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Whatever you say mate . Not going to waste time arguing with the usual "the game is literally dead" crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got in, I got 10 lootboxes based on the hero levels I had in total on the ptr (which wasn't much).

You can reroll the rewards you get from a lootbox by using 250 gold !!!
    Oh, faced with facts you have nothing to say? You asked for a citation and you were given one.

and being a judgemental cunt on top of it? I have never claimed the game is dead, I merely stated the playerbase is significantly lower compare to other MOBA's so they should focus on reasons why players don't stick around.

Don't bother replying as you are one of those who lose an argument when asked for facts, are given them and all they can say after that are insults.
    Last edited by mmoc1dbcdc2134; 2017-03-29 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post

We don't really have enough info yet afaik. As I said in my earlier post, there does seem to be a cap on the amount of loot crates you get retroactively post patch. Additionally, from what I see in the video it seems skin tints will be unlocked through loot crates aswell, which means they'll be harder to get and you'll likely wanna try and get heroes to level 8 for the skin tints or 9 for the mount/10 if you can buy the master. Again, this is with the info we have now, there's a Q&A the 30th, which should give more insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    You can unlock everything in-game including skins now without having to pay a cent after this update.

You can pay money to expedite the process of acquiring a hero or skin you really want though.
    I didn't write that it's impossible to unlock everything for free.

In some mobile game you can also get everything without paying a cent, but if you pay you can have it all without any problems(time etc.) asap.

will the account level be a sum of the levels of heroes you actually own atm .. or the sum of levels of ALL heroes that you ever leveled in the game, period ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, faced with facts you have nothing to say? You asked for a citation and you were given one.

and being a judgemental cunt on top of it? I have never claimed the game is dead, I merely stated the playerbase is significantly lower compare to other MOBA's so they should focus on reasons why players don't stick around.
    I'm sorry, just because you personally believe something doesn't make it a fact. You have no proof of what you claimed other than conjecture so that doesn't count as a citation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Oh and kindly keep your ad-hominems to yourself. I just said I don't want to waste my time arguing with people who start complaining about everything even after a significant update that could potentially improve upon the problems they have had . For a player-base that is apparently significantly lower than other similar games I have had far shorter wait time in HotS when compared to LoL or DotA.

You calling me a cunt just further proved I was right in my assessment the first time so run along now mate and cheers .

Deleted
    Holy crap, they actually made a Wolverine skin for Kharazim. xD