Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    will the account level be a sum of the levels of heroes you actually own atm .. or the sum of levels of ALL heroes that you ever leveled in the game, period ?
    The sum of levels of all the heroes that you ever leveled in the game. You will get the appropriate amount of loot boxes when the patch goes live .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Holy crap, they actually made a Wolverine skin for Kharazim. xD
    Have you seen the new Diablo skins? So freaking amazing.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    The sum of levels of all the heroes that you ever leveled in the game. You will get the appropriate amount of loot boxes when the patch goes live .

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen the new Diablo skins? So freaking amazing.
    Watching on Grubby stream. Seen new Diablo. So cool.

The only way I play this game is with a full 5made to just dick around and roll over the enemy, new progression system looks okay I guess? Not enough to make this my main game ever again.
    Loot crates are a terrible trend in gaming.

is there a link to see all the new skins in one place ?

also am I understanding correctly that just from playing the game you MAINLY get gold and loot boxes .. ? and loot boxes + duplicates give you shards .. these are consistent rewards for playing, you seem to get a common loot box for every level

whereas gems are mainly for real money ? you do get a one time reward of 1000 gems and then 150 gems every 25 levels, but thats not really much compared to gold or a loot box every level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    The only way I play this game is with a full 5made to just dick around and roll over the enemy, new progression system looks okay I guess? Not enough to make this my main game ever again.
    Loot crates are a terrible trend in gaming.
    To be fair the drop rates are pretty good in comparison to the Overwatch loot crates.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    As someone who was in the first alpha tester wave and quit (mostly) during open beta, the changes look very compelling but the progression system wasn't the reason I quit to begin with.

They should probably tackle the issue of lack of positive individual impact on a games' outcome, as well as try to raise the general skill ceiling of the game for player retention.
    The game is just too damn easy on a mechanical/per-player basis.

I'll probably pop in a play a few games again for funsies but I can't guarantee I won't get bored mid-match and just alt+f4 like the last several times I tried picking the game up again.
    People like you are what's wrong with the game. Yes you cannot solo carry every game and yes perhaps you as a player have relatively less snowballing power than in other moba's. With that being said, the skill ceiling in hots is plenty high enough. There's a reason some of us are high grand masters and others aren't. But alt-f4ing during games? Shame on you man. Just learn to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    it's not about disliking something, it's about not focusing on real problems, they waste resources on sprays and other meaningless shit
    I'm not going to argue whether the game is 'dead", because I simply don't know, but this statement doesn't feel right.

1. The issues you listed (DCs, matchmaking) don't sound like something that the UI designers, artists and other devs who created this "meaningless shit", as you put it, would be able to help with anyway. So... I don't really see how an artist making a couple of sprays instead of working on networking issues he most likely knows nothing about is "wasting resources".

2. I would not agree that this is meaningless. If you look how crazy people can get about their cosmetics in other games... Well, this might actually make a lot of people very happy and get them excited to play the game.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2017-03-29 at 07:01 PM.

Wow this update looks really freaking good, almost to the point of unreal. Very hyped! :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the new skins so far. Berserker Kharazim, Prime Evil Diablo, and Star Queen Li-Ming...I'm going to need all of those skins please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you say mate . Not going to waste time arguing with the usual "the game is literally dead" crowd.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got in, I got 10 lootboxes based on the hero levels I had in total on the ptr (which wasn't much).

You can reroll the rewards you get from a lootbox by using 250 gold !!! Got a crap reward from opening a rare chest, I rerolled and promptly got two rare skins instead.

Cost to reroll goes up the more you reroll.
    Did you level the heroes on the PTR or was there a way to copy your HoTS account stuff over? Cuz I'm kinda lazy
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2017-03-29 at 07:39 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

To be fair the drop rates are pretty good in comparison to the Overwatch loot crates.
    Oh, real?

Then maybe they are okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Did you level the heroes on the PTR or was there a way to copy your HoTS account stuff over? Cuz I'm kinda lazy
    I leveled the heroes on the PTR. My level on the actual game would be much higher when it goes live.

Working on collating everything for the OP, there's tons of stuff to get through so may be a while.

Mod note: Watch the heat levels guys, we're all gamers here
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled the heroes on the PTR. My level on the actual game would be much higher when it goes live.
    Awww okay. I was kind of hoping they finally let our accounts carry over xD. Still can't wait for this to go live.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many skins... TOO MANY NEW STUFF FOR WHICH IM HYPED!

I wonder only... If i allready got Artanis on lvl 9, i will get loot boxes for him or not?

Star Queen Ming is just about the only thing I need in life.

I can't really shake off the feeling that this is something of a last-ditch attempt at making HotS popular before Blizzard stops investing in it. If they manage to attract many new and returning players, they will continue rolling out meaningful updates, if not, it may gradually be put on life support. Let's be honest, HotS doesn't have many players - and this is coming from a dedicated HotS player.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-03-29 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like the gem system. I liked being able to pay exactly the amount I wanted for a hero or cosmetic. I hate having an excess of real money items because it's a waste.

Gifting is something that should have been in the game a long time ago.

Other than those things, this looks to be a fantastic update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving all these changes really looking forward to it. New progression system is much better, like not having to buy skins with money, overall looking fantastic for hots.

Deleted
    Cool stuff - I wondered when they will finally overhaul the current system which kinda lacks compared to lol and dota.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to use IRL$$$ for a currency sucks, as does only having a limit of 70 crates that veteran players can get upon the launch (hopefully this one changes).
    Apart from those two issues, and that Stickers and Voice-lines are going to be used as BM then I think it's an interesting idea. Never really thought they'd move into the direction of Overwatch instead of LoL/Dota2.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?