Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The people who believed Pizzagate are usually people you are better off without.
    Just going to leave this here for you:
    Nearly half of Republicans see truth in ‘Pizzagate’ theory: Poll
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Imagine if this video came out in 2017 instead of 2013. Conspiracy theorists would be freaking out.

NBC NEWS: HILLARY CLINTON ‘COVERED UP’ PEDOPHILE RING AT STATE DEPARTMENT — ABEL DANGER
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Makes me want to make a pizza chain where the Doors are giant slices of pizza, call it "Pizza Gate".
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why? Spirit Dinner is in Wikileaks and they are never wrong?
    You can have the truth, and you can have people out there to twist it. Ultimately, I've never believed in Spirit cooking or Pizzagate, because there was no ground to believe in these - no evidence, just pure conjecture with outdated facts.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So the people who didn't believe in it are all kid fuckers? See baseless generalizing works both ways
    Actually, people who are ready to delve into conspiracy theories based on extreme twisting of facts are not usually people who will accept moderate opinions.

But I've made sure to add "are usually", both in this post and in my others, understanding full well that not everyone is that way. Which is to say, your claim does not even come close to equate the one I did.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Unsurprising. Whenever a political party is on the "losing side", if we can even call that, they tend to believe more in conspiracy theories that fit with their narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/u...ries.html?_r=0
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussing conspiracies is against the rules, but dismissing something because it's a conspiracy is a logical fallacy
    No, this doesn't make any sense. You calling it a conspiracy is no different in dismissal, than me calling it without warrant and saying that believing something without warrant is not something one should want to associate with. The difference in dismissing it, between you calling it a conspiracy theory and me defining what conspiracy theory is, is your bias.

- - - Updated - - -

You can have the truth, and you can have people out there to twist it. Ultimately, I've never believed in Spirit cooking or Pizzagate, because there was no ground to believe in these - no evidence, just pure conjecture with outdated facts.
    Alex Jones pointed at Wikileaks, using the same logic that it's never been proven wrong, as part of his push of pizzagate. It's no different than anyone else, who picked something out of context, in an email dump, to claim same. In fact, said dump and the wild assertions being made as a result, is the influence Russia is being investigated for having during the elections.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, people who are ready to delve into conspiracy theories based on extreme twisting of facts are not usually people who will accept moderate opinions.

But I've made sure to add "are usually", both in this post and in my others, understanding full well that not everyone is that way. Which is to say, your claim does not even come close to equate the one I did.
    Just from talking to you before, his replies will frustrate you. You are right regardless and the only thing you need to link him is the definition of conspiracy theory:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

It being a derogatory name being in the definition, is all you need to show, to be right that this isn't what you want to be associated with. It's why the term is derogatory...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Unsurprising. Whenever a political party is on the "losing side", if we can even call that, they tend to believe more in conspiracy theories that fit with their narrative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/u...ries.html?_r=0
    Wasn't wikileaks the one that pushed the spirit cooking story.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something funny about this, if you make a couple of assumptions. With Alex Jones being the reincarnation of the red scare for the last 8 years, with Obama's constant attempts to take over America. It would be pretty funny, if Russia had any hand in convincing Alex Jones to run this story... even if they were just the ones to hack Podesta to get the "spirit dinner" email. It would mean that the guy who has preached that US is being taken over by communist Obama, was tricked by Russian government to run a fake story to influence US elections.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What if tricking people like this was the purpose of this apology all along?!?
    My system is notoriously vulnerable to double-bluffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Wasn't wikileaks the one that pushed the spirit cooking story.
    Depends what you mean by pushed. They posted a twitter that pointed at the spirit dinner email, stating that there is more to it than it seems. While having an image of what seemed like Manson's run at Sharon Tate. But, Alex Jones did repeatedly point to Wikileaks and them never being wrong, as part of his evidance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Makes me want to make a pizza chain where the Doors are giant slices of pizza, call it "Pizza Gate".
    Well, if giving people worms is not part of your mission statement, then you are already better than Pizza Hut.

*do not self investigate Pizza Hut, I am only joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all I know of Alex Jones:

⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Jones pointed at Wikileaks, using the same logic that it's never been proven wrong, as part of his push of pizzagate. It's no different than anyone else, who picked something out of context, in an email dump, to claim same. In fact, said dump and the wild assertions being made as a result, is the influence Russia is being investigated for having during the elections.

- - - Updated - - -

Just from talking to you before, his replies will frustrate you. You are right regardless and the only thing you need to link him is the definition of conspiracy theory:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

It being a derogatory name being in the definition, is all you need to show, to be right that this isn't what you want to be associated with. It's why the term is derogatory...
    That is somewhat accurate. The point I want to put emphasis on is that Alex Jones received the spotlight from Wikileaks, much like the whole spirit cooking debacle. However -- and that's where it's very important to specify what I mean -- it was from their Twitter. Their twitter has been painfully obviously pushing opinions. Since Wikileaks itself has always been about objective truth, many people took their Twitter at face value. I think that it legitimized things that should've never been legitimized - even more so considering a lot of people did not even bother to check the source of those claims.

Right now, it's much more quiet on their Twitter, and I'm curious how they'll handle vault 7 with it. I think they need to make it clear that their editorial opinion are separate from Wikileaks, since Wikileaks has always been about releasing information, not commenting and turning it into a narrative.

And yes, you're definitely right about that last part.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

This is something funny about this, if you make a couple of assumptions. With Alex Jones being the reincarnation of the red scare for the last 8 years, with Obama's constant attempts to take over America. It would be pretty funny, if Russia had any hand in convincing Alex Jones to run this story... even if they were just the ones to hack Podesta to get the "spirit dinner" email. It would mean that the guy who has preached that US is being taken over by communist Obama, was tricked by Russian government to run a fake story to influence US elections.
    And using your logic we would have to reject all of those ideas because it involves a conspiracy

And using your logic we would have to reject all of those ideas because it involves a conspiracy
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7644966.html

Well, we've got Bush Jr.'s top ethics lawyer claiming that sites like Infowars are being investigated for possible collusion with the Russian government.

So it's got at least one living, non-completely insane source. Which is more than I can say for just about every Infowars conspiracy theory I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7644966.html

Well, we've got Bush Jr.'s top ethics lawyer claiming that sites like Infowars are being investigated for possible collusion with the Russian government.

So it's got at least one living, non-completely insane source. Which is more than I can say for just about every Infowars conspiracy theory I've seen.
    Bush Jrs ethics lawyer, never thought I'd unironically read that from you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Not particularly impressive as he was likely concerned about a big lawsuit, not about actually apologizing for his near constant stream of lies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.04bb99740fb4
    This makes sense. My view has always been that there was enough stuff in & around Pizzagate to warrant a proper investigation, but James Alefantis et al are all due the presumption of innocence. If Alex Jones (or anyone else) stepped over the line into defamation (or just possible defamation - let's not find out the hard way in court :P ), it makes sense to apologise and back down.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    What those ideas? That Sasquatch is real? The idea of warranted justification being a lie, to form an unwarranted opinion, is justified in it being disregarded.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    That result isn't mutually exclusive with his statement, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that it matters, he's got enough loonies out there who believe him.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

What those ideas? That Sasquatch is real? The idea of warranted justification being a lie, to form an unwarranted opinion, is justified in it being disregarded.
    Subjective, Subjective, Subjective

That's actually shocking he apologized. If only more people in the media would do the same.