Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Widowmaker Statue

So this is a thing I must own.

Some new info about the 'collectables' range as well here: http://gear.blizzard.com/blizzard-collectibles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Widowmaker figure: 150$
    Shipping to EU: 86$
    Vat taxes: 37,5$ or 59$ ( depending on if the tax is on the product itself or product + shipping)

Actual total cost for EU citizens: 273,5$ to 295$
    vs
    Actual total cost for U.S citizens: 150$ ( they get free shipping)

So just like that Blizzard Entertainment shits all over their European fans.
    VAT is only charged on the value of the product, not the shipping.

Widowmaker figure: 150$
    Shipping to EU: 86$
    Vat taxes: 37,5$ or 59$ ( depending on if the tax is on the product itself or product + shipping)

Actual total cost for EU citizens: 273,5$ to 295$
    vs
    Actual total cost for U.S citizens: 150$ ( they get free shipping)

So just like that Blizzard Entertainment shits all over their European fans.
    Yeah, that's another statue I'd love to buy but just won't because I don't really wish to pay a fuckton of additional money...

I'll wait until an European guy/company puts it on Amazon/eBay at a reasonable price, as usual

ordered to add to my collection
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    So that makes it 273.5$ for Europeans then.
    Still expensive as hell.

What's worse, I just tried to check other countries.
    For Belgium and Germany the price is about 27 dollar for shipping but for denmark it all of a suddenly spikes up to 86.
    How the fuck does that work. We're in the EU and not much further away than Germany yet the price just about triples for shipping.
    That is really strange, it's $27 for shipping to the UK too. You have any friends or relatives across the border you could get it posted to?

on shipping.. I don't know when you last shipped to Europe from US, but holy mother of god, the prices shipping companies charge for international shipping are absolutely bonkers. even with business discount, they are STILL bonkers. so its not that Blizzard is screwing over international companies. its whatever makes prices so high (I think its our insane export policies/fees)

Don't forget any potential import charges too, from bringing in items from outside of the EU region that you can potentially get hit with too, just as that extra kick while you're down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    Don't forget any potential import charges too, from bringing in items from outside of the EU region that you can potentially get hit with too, just as that extra kick while you're down.
    Yeah, usually 20%, plus handling fees for paying the courier for the privilege of paying. Looks like it's going to set me back £180. C'est la vie.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the only context I'll see this statue in is in hot glue pictures on /v/. I'm not too fussed, I don't really know what I'd do with a Widowmaker statue. I'd much rather have Junkrat. Besides, it's much too expensive since Blizzard hates Denmark, apparently*.

*Maybe it's PostNord? Isn't that the only thing Denmark, Norway and Sweden have in common?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Well the only context I'll see this statue in is in hot glue pictures on /v/.

It's a neat statue though. Wish I had a decent place to display this and had an extra money to buy it. Now, if Blizzard could just move away from Offense characters and start popping out support statues (Mercy perhaps?) then I'd be a happy healer.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Kill Ping Online Store is also offering best overwatch character statues and action figures on best price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post

It's a neat statue though. Wish I had a decent place to display this and had an extra money to buy it. Now, if Blizzard could just move away from Offense characters and start popping out support statues (Mercy perhaps?) then I'd be a happy healer.
    To be fair, Widowmaker is counted as Defence, not Offence. But I agree, a Mercy statue would be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    To be fair, Widowmaker is counted as Defence, not Offence. But I agree, a Mercy statue would be wonderful.
    Me = Derp. Mercy statue = Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I wish I was rich.[/url]
    I think that outfit requires you to become a widow maker yourself. It looks pretty cool though.

I wish I was rich.
    Omg that's really neat. I wish I was actually good with Widow lol

Well the husband of the woman who wears that bridal outfit is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I got one of these from Europe:

Fuck my wallet I guess.

Never really been a big fan of Widow, personally. But I hope they keep these statues coming...I would love a Reinhardt one!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

i need someone in my life that would wear that out on a date X.X
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22