Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The biggest issue here is the constant stealth changes to the game. They knew damn well that this was going to be implemented well before the patch went live but deliberately didn’t activate it on the PTR because they knew it would cause an uproar among the players.

Talk about dishonesty! And weren’t the developers talking about improving communication? Yet they again deliberately lie and they wonder why the relationship between players and developers are deteriorating – get a clue Blizz!

I don’t trust a single thing they say anymore. No difference now from Blizz developers and the average politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Could you link a source on that please as I asked the other person? Also if you want to naturally get things done quicker you should have a DPS artifact ready. No need to get insulting because someone has a different opinion than you.

Feel free not to play Ret. Just don't come crying when you realize having a DPS spec to do the WQs helps a lot. Especially when it takes like half an hour- an hour to do half the traits even more. How is it stupid logic to have a DPS weapon with half decent traits and relics so you can blitz through World Quests faster than you would in a Healer spec?
    I'm not going to go through hours of Developer Q&A's just to prove to you something that they have said, you could just look at the design of the healers, they all have damage abilities, damage enhancing talents (i'm not sure about ALL the specs but i'm pretty sure), putting traits in your artifacts increases your damage (which they even buffed with 7.2) and the Artifact system incentivizes you to focus on one spec, (not as much now that you can catch up extremely quickly but still)

And i'm not crying because DPS is making it easier to make WQ, I already knew that I'm not retarded, what I'm saying is that it's stupid that healers could solo World Quests because they had a lot of gear and now they can't as well.

The scaling system is completely stupid, if you're a DPS Heal or Tank it's stupid. Just saying "lol just go DPS for WQs" just takes attention off the real problem : that the ilvl scaling is stupid, and on top of being stupid it hinders healers. You can't just write off the problem by saying "just go OS"

Quote Originally Posted by Winrarw View Post
    I'm not going to go through hours of Developer Q&A's just to prove to you something that they have said, you could just look at the design of the healers, they all have damage abilities, damage enhancing talents (i'm not sure about ALL the specs but i'm pretty sure), putting traits in your artifacts increases your damage (which they even buffed with 7.2) and the Artifact system incentivizes you to focus on one spec, (not as much now that you can catch up extremely quickly but still)

And i'm not crying because DPS is making it easier to make WQ, I already knew that I'm not retarded, what I'm saying is that it's stupid that healers could solo World Quests because they had a lot of gear and now they can't as well.

The scaling system is completely stupid, if you're a DPS Heal or Tank it's stupid. Just saying "lol just go DPS for WQs" just takes attention off the real problem : that the ilvl scaling is stupid, and on top of being stupid it hinders healers. You can't just write off the problem by saying "just go OS"
    So you have no actual source then? Cool nice to know your whole argument has fallen apart. Also so what if they have damaging abilities? They have done for years. When you link me a source maybe your argument of "healers were given the tools to do solo content efficiently" will hold some weight.

Again have a DPS offspec ready whether you like it or not. Solved your problem.

Deleted
    been waiting for ilvl scaling the world content was getting way too easy. when i fight an elite i want it to feel like an elite not just kill it in 2secs. good job

So you have no actual source then? Cool nice to know your whole argument has fallen apart. Also so what if they have damaging abilities? They have done for years. When you link me a source maybe your argument of "healers were given the tools to do solo content efficiently" will hold some weight.

Again have a DPS offspec ready whether you like it or not. Solved your problem.
    My argument has fallen apart ? my argument is that Scaling with ILVL shouldn't exist and that you waving off the problem as "lol get a dps spec" trigerred me, but I guess only Blizzard quotes counts as proof that they want healers to DPS, how stupid am I to think that the actual implementations of them boosting healer damage would matter, silly me.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Have you considered there might be other ways to resolve this issue? Here are a couple of them:
    1) do not make the gear scale so ridiculously. Every 15 ilvls is about 50k DPS increase, considering we start at around 200k DPS at fresh 110 (~800) and you can get to 890 without trying too hard, you are looking at more than double the power from just first tier of raids alone.

2) seriously, not everyone has to have access to the highest levels of gear. giving casual people steady and reliable access to 895+ gear doesn't exactly help either. If only the dedicated mythic raiders were able to attain this kind of power instead of every Joe Shmoe there, being able to 1 shot mobs at these levels wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue.

3) there's plenty of catch up mechanisms in the game as it is. I really don't get why fresh characters have to be able to be 100% effective in new open world content. Why shouldn't you have to get some gear before you can contribute meaningfully to the latest war efforts? Say, Broken isles was balanced around ilvl 820 char killing mobs in 12-15 seconds, Broken Shore could be balanced around ilvl 865 char doing that. You could go there earlier, but you'd struggle, no harm done. With mythics giving 865, getting above that ilvl will be fairly quick (2 weeks tops would be my expectation), and if you really really really want the new players to be competitive in the new content right away, you could always just make some excuse to scale them up to 865 for that particular content. The tech for it is there...

Even if the mob scaling tech worked as they wanted it to, it'd mean, they nerfed everyone's power progression by 50%.

Well, I was considering renewing my sub for the patch, but with this, I probably won't.
    For you I agree in waiting until you see what Blizzard tunes things.

To be more clear this is the path the devs chose when reusing existing content rather than creating a new zone. There have been complaints before about the ilvl requirements for post launch endgame zones. Perhaps the devs could of used a hybrid of scaling up to x ilvl. Given the lack of testing and the apperance of what appears to be a bug that was seen in the ilvl scaling of last expansions dungeons that would of still been fail.

I do agree the devs should of been more upfront about this. They can still say hey this is going to happen but we want to tune it withing more respectable levels. They chose not to and made a mess of it.

My argument has fallen apart ? my argument is that Scaling with ILVL shouldn't exist and that you waving off the problem as "lol get a dps spec" trigerred me, but I guess only Blizzard quotes counts as proof that they want healers to DPS, how stupid am I to think that the actual implementations of them boosting healer damage would matter, silly me.
    You provided no source to backup your claim that they said "healers and tanks should be capable in solo content". When you provide the source you have an argument. We good?

Also "triggered". My god has that actually become the norm now?

You provided no source to backup your claim that they said "healers and tanks should be capable in solo content". When you provide the source you have an argument. We good?

Healers and tanks ability to quest in itself is another topic that should be directed as such with it having an overall larger impact beyond just current endgame. If this was a new endgame zone then healers and tanks would still be dealing with endgame content aimed at DPS. Lets not forget the ability to respect with ease.

The activities these players are participating are considered part of endgame and if they want devs to change how non-DPS roles interact with said endgame then they need to take their direction to the devs to accommodate those roles. Expecting to faceroll content that was poorly designed for them from the get go just because they are wearing purples is silly.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-03-29 at 09:21 AM.

Again, my argument is that ilvl scaling shouldn't exist at all, not that healers should be able to solo things, I was just saying that in response to your post, but keep ignoring half my sentences

I don't get the part about triggered, english isn't my first language, I thought it was just a word to say angered but I guess not

Again, my argument is that ilvl scaling shouldn't exist at all, not that healers should be able to solo things, I was just saying that in response to your post, but keep ignoring half my sentences

I don't get the part about triggered, english isn't my first language, I thought it was just a word to say angered but I guess not
    Ilvl scaling is fine. There is a solution. Have a DPS weapon ready to kill stuff faster.

Ilvl scaling is fine. There is a solution. Have a DPS weapon ready to kill stuff faster.
    And this thing needs a solution because it's a problem

If you implement something, and it requires a solution, you shouldn't implement that thing

So it's not fine then, and ultimately pointless

This is the only link i could fine that someone points out that maybe blizz thought healers and tanks needed a buff in damage and i think i remember seeing some dev stuff that mentioned healers and tank dps but i cant remember (nor do i care since im dps)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...s-in-patch-72/
    Code:

aparently unequiping gear will be hotfixed soon instead reverting this retarded change - blizzard at its best with mr Ion "you think you do but you dont" in charge - f.... those devs.

mobs now scaling with ilvl..... uhg i swear if i wasn't addicted to WoW and have what 13 years now invested and warcraft orcs and humans being my first PC game really... I'd be done. Lvl scaling was bad enough now ilvl scaling.... come on!

Here you go:

Legion Q&A 2016-06-16

Healer Leveling and Talents

The team put effort into improving healer damage and healer soloing in Legion, so players are now able to level more as a healer more efficiently than they were able to in previous expansions.
    A Holy Priest and Shadow Priest won't kill things at the same speed, but the overall difference in time to complete a zone is not meaningfully different now.
    DPS still has a small advantage in leveling speed, but healers no longer take 2-3x as long to kill enemies.
    There are talents and Artifact traits that will help you level faster as a healer.
    You can change your talents around freely when you queue and arrive in a new dungeon, so there is no need to go back to town.

--

The same thing has been said several other times as well.

Deleted
    Get a DPS artifact. You are welcome. You should know damn well as a healer to have a DPS artifact ready for things like this to avoid this. You can literally get half the traits for one in an hour. Maybe less.
    Sorry but this should not be required. I am a healer myself. Been a holy paladin since vanilla WoW. Never used another spec nor created a alt. I don't use dps gear nor have any.

15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of salt in here is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    Here you go:

Legion Q&A 2016-06-16

Healer Leveling and Talents

The team put effort into improving healer damage and healer soloing in Legion, so players are now able to level more as a healer more efficiently than they were able to in previous expansions.
    A Holy Priest and Shadow Priest won't kill things at the same speed, but the overall difference in time to complete a zone is not meaningfully different now.
    DPS still has a small advantage in leveling speed, but healers no longer take 2-3x as long to kill enemies.
    There are talents and Artifact traits that will help you level faster as a healer.
    You can change your talents around freely when you queue and arrive in a new dungeon, so there is no need to go back to town.

--

The same thing has been said several other times as well.
    Thank you. Someone who will provide an actual source.

Question: Describe current wow developers in one word.
    Answer: Retards.

What a change lol. Good luck playing new patch guys. See ya in 7.3, bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should scrap it as it's a fucking terrible idea. IT literally equates to punishing players for going after better gear and doing the hardest content. It's as bad as having all enemies scale up to 110 instead of 109 and having the max level areas populated with the only 110 enemies and elites that are higher. It's like they don't want people to the damn emissary caches or the Legionfall grind at all. I wonder if it's messed with raid enemies also...