New aggramars stride is not calculating correctly

I've been playing around with making a speedset lately and in preparation for the changes to Aggramars stride and Sephuz secret I made a mastery stacking set. Unfortunately, instead of it using 75% of mastery (like it does for the other stats) I think it does 75% of 50% of mastery. I would not have made this set if I knew that ahead of time! Heres some pictures as proof:

I was hoping I could get my movement speed up to 162% but I suppose I'll suffer with 150%

Deleted
    IIRC 75% of your Masteryrating are converted to Speedrating. And not 75% of your Mastery% into Speed%.

I dont know how much speedrating you Need for 1% Speed so.

Edit:
    Seems like Speed has DR.

In the first Picture you get 9.88% for 1199 Speedarting = 121.3 Speedrating for 1%.

Second Picture you get 12.25% for 1696 Speedrating = 138,4 Speedrating for 1%.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-03-29 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are you sure? When all I had is Aggramar's (on my Ret), during Crusade I would zoom around like the Roadrunner and I don't think Crusade translates to haste rating when it gives you a haste buff.
    I have never checked this but since all Hastebuffs are multiplicative they actually should increase the Rating. (the more haste you have the more you get from BL or Boneshield as Blood etc.)

Looking at the screenshot again it makes sense.
    In the frist picutre we can see that the 39,54% Crit are 12k critrating? Sadly the number is not quite good to see

In the second Picture his mastery Rating is 10k. And he has less movement Speed in his mastery gear than in his crit gear.
    So it should be about the Rating and not the %. Imagine Unholy DKs with i dunno >80% mastery? would be insane
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-03-29 at 07:48 AM.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    nice legandary luck

rip my blue eyed brother
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are you sure? When all I had is Aggramar's (on my Ret), during Crusade I would zoom around like the Roadrunner and I don't think Crusade translates to haste rating when it gives you a haste buff.
    I doubt it. Everyone has a base amount of mastery and mastery scales differently for all specs, right?. If as Blood i would have 0 mastery Rating i still would have 12% base mastery. So it makes a lot sense to just convert the Rating.

Maybe the OP can just Switch his spec to Unholy or Blood and check if he gets the same amount of Speed in for all Specs (without stats from the weapons)
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-03-29 at 08:30 AM.

As Blood, the 10% haste buff from Bone Shield gives you +10% (or very close) MS with Aggramar's rather than 7.5% as you'd expect so yeah it's a bit screwy but usually not in a bad way.

You can't take mastery percent and use 75% of that to equal speed percent. You need to take mastery RATING and 75% of that gives you speed RATING.

For example, lets say you have 10,000 crit rating, with the boots that would be converted to 7,500 speed rating. Mastery for classes scales to large percentages for some specs, it would not be fair to use the mastery % to give speed %.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    nice legandary luck

rip my blue eyed brother
    No need to feel sorry, this is just for my speed set. I have wrist + waist.

Here are some more screen shots of info some of you were wondering (I'll just link the album)
    http://imgur.com/a/wdwAy

after a quick look over, I'm still pretty sure its just doing 75% of half my mastery

Speed does have DR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    As Blood, the 10% haste buff from Bone Shield gives you +10% (or very close) MS with Aggramar's rather than 7.5% as you'd expect so yeah it's a bit screwy but usually not in a bad way.
    This is because Hastebuffs are multiplicative. If you have 30% haste and apply Boneshield you actually get 13% haste. (Thats why the 'hard cap' for haste in theory is 81,81% without BS).

@CodeDonkey:
    Its deffinetly based on Rating rather than %. And as said from me and others. Speedrating has diminishing returns

Quote Originally Posted by Schlars View Post

@CodeDonkey:
    Its deffinetly based on Rating rather than %. And as said from me and others. Speedrating has diminishing returns
    Its not and I'll prove it. Speed rating has diminishing returns, no question there. However, aggramars stride uses your stat %, not its rating.

Here is a baseline with my speed gear, no Aggramars stride, no Sephuz, and no speed enchants. Just pure +speed stat, 2,935 which gives +16.24% movement. With your assertion that its based on stat rating, I should need 3937 mastery rating (2935 / 0.75) to give the same 16.24% movement. My assertion is that I would need 43.3% mastery to gain a +16.24% movement bonus.

Here is 3,921 master which under your assertion should yeild a +16.24% movement speed, yet only gives +11%.

Here is 43.2% mastery which under my assertion should give a +16.24% movement bonus, which it does.

In summary, Aggramars stride works off stat %. It uses 75% of crit, but only 37.5% of mastery.
    Last edited by CodeDonkey; 2017-03-30 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDonkey View Post
    Your Assertion does not match the second picture. If it would only take 37,5% of mastery% with baseline masetery you should only get 10% movement speed in the second Picture. it would be 26,70% * 0,375 = 10,01%, yet you have 11%.

And on top of it saying it takes 0,375 of mastery% so 43,2 mastery is 16% movement Speed completly ignores DR. The more mastery Rating you have the less Speed you will get per Point. thats how DR works.

Could you pls spec to unholy with the same gear? You will have more mastery% with the same Rating and test if you get more Speed as unholy?

But yeah, 75% mastery Rating does not fit too. You are right on this one.

----
    Edit:
    to calculate it correctly we would Need the Speed Rating formula to see how hard the DR actually is.

Looking at all pure Speed Rating Pictures we have.

1.199 = 9,88 %, 121,35 Speedrating per %
    1.696 = 12,25%, 138,44 Speedrating per %
    2.953 = 16,24%, 181,83 Speedrating per %

So DR seems to be pretty hard.
    Last edited by mmoca37d6d9cd4; 2017-04-04 at 07:40 AM.

Hmm. I guess it isn't using the percentage after all. Good call on switching to unholy to check. To be clear though, no mastery gets converted to +speed stat. All that speed stat is from +speed on the gear. The mastery gets converted directly into movement speed % exactly the same as speed enchants do

Here is aggramars giving me the same bonus regardless of what my +speed stat is at. This shows that speeds diminishing returns don't matter in talks of aggramars stride

2% from speed enchant
    10% from sephuz
    30.6% from Aggramars
    7.26% - 13.6% from speed stat

Just to make sure you are convinced I unequipped aggramars and the math still adds up

Last edited by CodeDonkey; 2017-04-05 at 06:27 AM.