Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with Comcast selling my well scrubbed browsing history if it meant a reduction in cost for me. Lower my cable/internet bill by $30 a month and we got a deal. But, of course, that's not how this will work. The rich will only get richer.
    I wonder if people really thing their bills will go down

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Making America great again one multi billion dollar corporation at a time.
    Hey, all of that delicious data money is gonna trickle down baby!

Pretty weird flavor of freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...iww8u1mhuayvi&

Vote for Republicans, people get screwed. Corporate profits over privacy.
    Already a thread - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-other-things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Pretty weird flavor of freedom...
    You forget, when they say "freedom" they don't mean you flesh people. They mean the REAL people, the corporations.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Wasn't this just enacted last October? Are we really being thrust back into the Stone Age of 2015

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wasn't this just enacted last October? Are we really being thrust back into the Stone Age of 2015
    Obama signed a executive order to not let the companies do it. Trump reversed that decision.

I have no issue with it. If I am doing anything on the net which would make me get into trouble, then well, I should not be doing it. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with Comcast selling my well scrubbed browsing history if it meant a reduction in cost for me. Lower my cable/internet bill by $30 a month and we got a deal. But, of course, that's not how this will work. The rich will only get richer.
    That would be nice. But like any company, they can charge what they want and we get the option to pay the price or not use the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Obama signed a executive order to not let the companies do it. Trump reversed that decision.

I have no issue with it. If I am doing anything on the net which would make me get into trouble, then well, I should not be doing it. :P
    First there is a lot more to it then selling your data (social security, credit cards etc), not to mention what happens when one of these ISPs get eventually hacked and all your data is stolen.

Second that is the worst logic ever let's apply it to other things.

If you have nothing bad to say then you don't need freedom of speech.

If you aren't planning on committing a crime then you should have no problem with awful laws.

If you aren't raping anyone then you should have no problems with unfair rape laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    A VPN would mostly protect you.
    I don't get this logic.

Any VPN you use can sell your browsing info without your permission just like any ISP you use can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the existing thread.