Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    kinda easy to figure out man. look at your logs, see how many cast of OBL and look at the average damage for CrySwords.
    I don't know, looking at my yesterday Krosus log, it would increase my dps by 40k before the nerf? Around 20k after the nerf, that is 3%. Was 6% really that much for golden trait? I don't think so. Affli gets like 100k.......

Deleted
    and our other notoriously "amazing" golden traits both give 1%, tops, hypoworthlesia and frozen turd

a single tick of virulent plague does more damage than hypocrap with a 10% proc rate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kunnk View Post
    Seems like here's payback for 1 patch of being competitive with warriors.
    Warriors simply have amazing synergy with draught and even if not, its wrong to balance around being the highest by far, because thats an arms race only one class can win.

Frost DK are over the middle in terms of DPS, and that is fine, you cant ask for more. It is the outliers that must be toned down/tuned up. If that nerf had not gone in, frost DK's would have been tremendously broken, and it is not excusable by trying to say "w-well others rob the bank so its fine if we do once in a while".

The balance is about trying to get all classes within 10 points, not making more outliers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Warriors simply have amazing synergy with draught and even if not, its wrong to balance around being the highest by far, because thats an arms race only one class can win.

Frost DK are over the middle in terms of DPS, and that is fine, you cant ask for more. It is the outliers that must be toned down/tuned up. If that nerf had not gone in, frost DK's would have been tremendously broken, and it is not excusable by trying to say "w-well others rob the bank so its fine if we do once in a while".

The balance is about trying to get all classes within 10 points, not making more outliers.
    Yeah I agree with you completely, but before this patch we were so good on cleave fights largely because of the helm. That got nerfed, and then they threw in HB cleave damage stealth nerf, and both of our new golden traits nerfed by ridiculous amounts. Meanwhile, they aren't even touching warriors. Sure, synergy with DoS is one thing, but even warriors without it can be competitive, and the trinket is not like a legendary, it's easy enough to get that any warrior has it by now.

LOL RLY? so class with tremendous mobility, support skills should have a higher dps than dks? wtf is that we are the worst mobility in the game atm and have almost 0 utility so our dps MUST BE HIGHER than other melees... And with the helm nerf and this obnoxius nerf to golden traits we are at mid-botton while warriors and dh are top. That doesnt make any sense at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    LOL RLY? so class with tremendous mobility, support skills should have a higher dps than dks? wtf is that we are the worst mobility in the game atm and have almost 0 utility so our dps MUST BE HIGHER than other melees... And with the helm nerf and this obnoxius nerf to golden traits we are at mid-botton while warriors and dh are top. That doesnt make any sense at all
    Frost is not middle to bottom.

Stop talking shit.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11# 6th
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90 - 8th

Boohoo your overpowered traits got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Frost is not middle to bottom.

Stop talking shit.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11# 6th
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90 - 8th

Boohoo your overpowered traits got nerfed.
    what do you consider overpowered? also what happens when we're no longer in nighthold?

the things that make frost great for nighthold are three prong, nighthold's fights are perfectly attuned for frost's strengths (cleave), melee and burst.

1.) this is a shit show for casters in this raid, the amount of things they have to do compared to melee causes melee's dps to rank higher. from scrubbers on trillax, to lashers on botanist, the target swaps and movement lower their dps.

2.) a lot of the bosses have cleave components, if not all if you count krosus with its elementals and trillax with its scrubbers that hit melee. a constant cleave attack in BOS and howling blast (especially with 40% legendary helm) skews results when other classes don't have as strong cleave.

3.) half of the fights in nighthold have damage boosters (flat damage, haste buffs, etc) and with our burst cds which are quite good among burst we excel even more.

my whole point is, thronebreaker wasn't making frost OP, if you look at flat single target fights, we're on the low end and thronebreaker would have been good addition to assist with that.

- - - Updated - - -

while the nerf sucks, overall not worried about it yet. we got an overall buff to finish up NH and we'll be getting tuned again for 7.2.5 before ToS. when that ptr hit, i'll start worrying about the nerfs they have planned for us.

This the thing that bothers about DK community, a DK player should never say that some DK abilities are overpowered, that any nerf to our class is fine, that being in middle in terms of DPS is fine.
    Have you ever visited others forums? Other classes? Everyone cries, no matter how their class performs, and we are just being ok with Blizzard trampling on us forever...

We dont have mobility, we dont have utility, we MUST have dps.

Deleted
    While i think throne breaker might of deserved a nerf the Sindragosa fury cd trait did not. but then again hard to REALLY tell as i have not gotten either. but on average only going to see maybe a 150-200 second reduction on the cd.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyfatzero View Post
    This the thing that bothers about DK community, a DK player should never say that some DK abilities are overpowered, that any nerf to our class is fine, that being in middle in terms of DPS is fine.
    Have you ever visited others forums? Other classes? Everyone cries, no matter how their class performs, and we are just being ok with Blizzard trampling on us forever...

We dont have mobility, we dont have utility, we MUST have dps.
    I think you missed the bluepost that blizzard stated that DKs are never going to be op again as they were in WoTLK, better be middle than botton.
    And just because we dont have the best mobility doesnt mean we have to always top metters no matter how much of a shitty player you are. Most fights you just sit on boss anyway, and those you dont everyone else is busy with mechanics so its not only your dps that will drop.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2017-04-01 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    what do you consider overpowered? also what happens when we're no longer in nighthold?

the things that make frost great for nighthold are three prong, nighthold's fights are perfectly attuned for frost's strengths (cleave), melee and burst.

1.) this is a shit show for casters in this raid, the amount of things they have to do compared to melee causes melee's dps to rank higher. from scrubbers on trillax, to lashers on botanist, the target swaps and movement lower their dps.

2.) a lot of the bosses have cleave components, if not all if you count krosus with its elementals and trillax with its scrubbers that hit melee. a constant cleave attack in BOS and howling blast (especially with 40% legendary helm) skews results when other classes don't have as strong cleave.

3.) half of the fights in nighthold have damage boosters (flat damage, haste buffs, etc) and with our burst cds which are quite good among burst we excel even more.

my whole point is, thronebreaker wasn't making frost OP, if you look at flat single target fights, we're on the low end and thronebreaker would have been good addition to assist with that.

- - - Updated - - -

while the nerf sucks, overall not worried about it yet. we got an overall buff to finish up NH and we'll be getting tuned again for 7.2.5 before ToS. when that ptr hit, i'll start worrying about the nerfs they have planned for us.

Get ready for the Legion roller coaster.
    They are finally trying to fix UH and they keep nerfing frost I can already see myself having to reroll back into UH during TOS.

And I'm not going to go through that again changing my gear, getting new trinkets, relics and legedarys, farming AP for a different weapon was a pain in the ass, I rather unsub than do that all over again.

If anyone did PTR, Thronebreaker was hugely OP. With the reduction, it brings it back in line. With testing, it's still showing a 50k increase from the latest charts and graphs in the DK Discord. Check em out before everyone starts freaking out.

I do laugh though when I see 'Draught of Souls' as a Fury Warrior's #1 source of damage. But hey, it's 2017 and Blizz is still Blizz.

I've been playing the class since it came out and despite up's and down's, I'm still here.

Maybe I should have my head checked

50K? LOL are u high? roughtly 10-15k dps increase here on tichondrius M

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    50K? LOL are u high? roughtly 10-15k dps increase here on tichondrius M
    Nope, not high. Check the pins on DK Discord. I didn't make the numbers up