Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I also think that pvp has declined because more people want the "i win" button than ever before. I was never great at pvp, casual at best. I would pvp because it was fun to group up with other alliance, run around, and fight the horde, even though I would get ganked regularly. Yep, we got pissed, we yelled at the horde, but we kept going back. As long as I kept it in moderation, I didnt get tired of it. It was just a cool thing to do when nothing else was going on, and was entertaining in moderation.

Doesn't the majority of the WoW pop start out with pvp? Maybe that's just players like myself that joined during the peak a few years ago. It was marketed as a faction vs faction MMO war game at the time, so pvp seemed intuitive to do. And then I got bored of it since it's so repetitive, like most people I know.

They add very few new maps so it gets boring. If they were the same about pve content delivery I would have the same opinion there as well. MoP refreshed my love for pvp for about a year or so, especially rbg's, just because the 2 bg's they brought in then were new, with different objectives and were super fun.

Maybe lately there aren't as many new players that are starting out with pvp because the marketing is definitely focused on the legion and the story there, and the content delivery has been frequent to keep people into it. idk though, based on how people still play in the few random bg's I've done in legion and how easy it still is to just annihilate noobs in non-rated content, it seems like random bg's are still a primary outlet for players that are new to the game.

Because the vast majority of the population hates PVP. Especially if you even know why it exists in those types of games to begin with.

Hint: It started off being known as PKing, or Player Killing, and was something assholes did to ruin other people's fun. Instead of fixing games so trolls and assholes couldn't PK players, designers decided to embrace it, renamed it PVP, all while ignoring that, again, the majority of the population of those types of games had zero interest in that crap.

Soon after, designers realized that they could throw PVP in a game to avoid having to actually design endgame content, and it blew up after that. And yet it still remains the most universally hated aspect of these types of games.

And now you have dipshit companies like Blizzard trying SO HARD to make it a legitimate eSport... all while, yet again, ignoring the fact that not only does the majority of players hate it, but they couldn't balance a game around it to save their fucking lives.

Real tough to figure out, I know.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    PVP is better left to FPS and other 'arcade' style genres, not MMOs.
    It's far too hard to balance, especially now when you have the potential of 36 specs to try to make competitive.
    Granted, I haven't PVPd since about 6-8 months ago when no matter what I would do, a DH would meta and down me in like 2 sec, so maybe it's a little better, but really, you run into pre-mades, get stomped, sit patiently and wait to get stunlock murdered again and again until it ends and you get your pittance of honor.
    Not exactly my idea of fun when my play time is limited.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The CC chain/instagibb to death PVP metagame would be far less punishing in instanced content if you didnt have to sit there at the GY waiting to be ressed over and over. I understand why the res timer exists mechanically and even agree to an extent at its necessity, but that makes it no less frustrating to experience first hand.

7+ Year Old Account
    PvP has, and always will be, a minigame you do on the side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Someone said this before but I'll echo it.

There is way to much CC.

It seems like a good portion of my BGs are spent CC'd in some way.

Things are also very cooldown based, especially in arenas. Even watching them gets real boring real quick. Fight till CDs are used - hope to kill someone - you didnt - wait for CDs again.

PVP used to be fun 10 years ago but it has become a shitfest since then. This expansion has been the worst for PVP yet.

WoW pvp will forever be crippled until they decide to set up separate (but similar) skill sets for each class. World pvp presents an issue, but seeing how little they've cared about that since...well, forever, they could just do whatever with the pve skill sets at that point and pretty much make it official that they give zero fucks about world pvp.

Deleted
    WoW PvP is terrible because WoW battlegrounds are terrible. They are uninspired tripe (with exception of old Arathi Valley).

WoW developers should start taking cues from the Overwatch team on how to actually structure a PvP environment instead of just scattering a bunch of objectives over large areas without direction or chokepoints.
    Last edited by mmoc38da5ea66c; 2017-09-12 at 09:03 PM.

WoW PvP has been shit since Wrath so that's probably why.

Deleted
    Players who are bad at PVP are bad cuz:
    - they have slow reaction
    - they cant adapt to the situation
    - they dont want to admit they made a mistake

Ofc they avoid pvp...

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy a MMORPG to play PVP. If I wanted to play PVP seriously, I'd be spending my time with Guilty Gear Xrd or some other competitive game, not playing a big online RPG.

I do BGs and stuff when there's PVP gear I want for transmog, that's about all I'm interested in.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    Toxic guy complaining about PvP people being toxic...
    Did you really have to make an account if that was all you had to add to the discussion? The gall to call him a hypocrite even!
    Necros or duplicate threads - You can't win either way someone's gonna complain so who cares...

OT: Never been much of a pvper even though i played on a pvp server. Always down to rustle if attacked as it's more fun if you win in that scenario imo but never did much bgs because the balance is always dropped on the floor and afks/people farming hks and completely ignoring objectives is to much on top of the often abysmal design and balance. How arena can be considered "fun" is beyond me.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

personally I've never been much of a fan of pvp in any games. I tend to prefer playing alone for the most part (in fact I usually avoided mmo's like the plague but as I'd enjoyed the RTS warcraft games I gave WoW a try during the EU beta since that was free, never expected to still be playing it over a decade later) but when I do play with others I find co-operative to be much more enjoyable than competitive

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    A thread that has been inactive for the past 6 months is better off being left for dead. Start a new one with the same topic, since you obviously have something on your mind, but don't necro threads. That's just... bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Then you should also look at the last post date. If its been 6 months since last reply its dead, dont write in it, asshat.
    so long as the original thread is still relevant why create a new one if there's already a discussion on a topic? just because blizzard have a silly rule on their own forums doesn't mean it applies to fansites as well. in fact if you check the rules it actually says "Use the search function before creating a new thread"
    Last edited by rayvio; 2017-09-12 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Have a hard enough time with pve clustered fast spawning mobs I don't need the added grief of pvp people.

Also people are assholes, you are going to get people that just gank people cause they got nothing better to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    A thread that has been inactive for the past 6 months is better off being left for dead. Start a new one with the same topic, since you obviously have something on your mind, but don't necro threads. That's just... bad.
    Some threads can be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    Then you should also look at the last post date. If its been 6 months since last reply its dead, dont write in it, asshat.
    No need to be a dick about it.

1) PVP balance in wow is constantly broken.
    2) Strategy and tactics in wow PVP are obscure, poorly explained, and change constantly with each patch due to buffs/nerfs
    3) Constantly healing designed for raids making players invincible.
    4) Bots everywhere
    5) People ignoring objectives in objective-based matches

I can go on. PVP in wow is a fustercluck of failure all around. A dumpster fire. A trainwreck. Whenever one of these issues is "fixed" another one pops up.

But regardless of all that stuff, there are just better games to play if you want PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to only do PvP in BC and Wrath. It was fun.

It really, really, really sucks now. I finally found out that PvE is the true end-game of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Surely then the current situation of PvE'ing each other to death would be appealing? Like, CC and utility were the two integral parts of PvP that differentiated it from PvE. Now it's feels so steamlined and boring - whoever does more DPS/HPS, tends to win.
    Don't get me wrong, I dont think just smashing each other is good gameplay either. Timely CC/interupts should win games...not higher dps/hps or cc chaining.

I am terrible when it comes to PvP. I have never gotten into and have no idea how to do it properly.
    It is mostly because I am not at all a competitive person and prefer to play with other people rather than against them.