The Hallways of Argus (Map Design)

How do you guys feel about Argus map design?

As someone who loves vanilla map design and thoroughly enjoyed map design of every other expansion up to Draenor/Legion, Argus feels like I'm inside a hallway.

I only began enjoying Legion outdoor once I unlocked flying BUT vanilla/tbc/cata/king I loved (come to think of it panda was ok'sh but not wow) ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the map isn't that problematic. You have to realize, the damn planet is cracking apart after all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd say it's more of a winding staircase than an hallway, if anything. The maps are fairly compact which works in certain aspects and doesn't work in others. There is a nice amount of stuff on Argus, in my opinion. They utilized pretty much every part of the map for something, whether it's a rare, a treasure location or a world quest.

However it also does make it feel very small. It doesn't take very long to get from one side of the map to the other, it's just a bit tedious because there are so many detours and mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Meh, the map isn't that problematic. You have to realize, the damn planet is cracking apart after all.
    Aha so that is what was bugging me ..

Is flying coming?

Antoran Wastes has a terrible design to it. The other two are mostly OK (non-functioning tree ramp aside), but that one in particular really annoys me.

Too many places where the enemies can be above/below you and the way around is irritatingly long.

Too many places where the map makes it look like you can get through, only you can't.

Too many places where you set off towards something, only to open the map and you're going the wrong way.

That fucking ooze pit.

And Flight Master's Whistle upgrade should have been a week one quest reward, rather than a rep reward that you'll only get when you've finished the damn rep grinds anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think its a cool experimentation on their part and a breath of fresh air from what we're used to, tbh. I think the map feels different than say, timeless isle, where u just fly to the new content island and jump around.

Also they totally owned the vindicaar mini hub. The view of Azeroth is amazing. That one quest on Mac'Aree where u have to do that mini puzzle (dodging balls/lazers) ends with u on a balcony. And all u see is like the edge of the planet splitting apart with the yellow fire... U could tell ppl where taking screenshots cause they'd just stand there at the end looking off the edge. I don't explore THAT often, so when they force you into spots where they show off the artists' hard work, it makes u appreciate the zone more.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Terrain is fine, using class skills to get across chasms is fun, and there's always the aggro radius reducing toy from the 500 eyes portal rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    And Flight Master's Whistle upgrade should have been a week one quest reward, rather than a rep reward that you'll only get when you've finished the damn rep grinds anyway.
    Rep isn't bad at all at the rate they throw 1000 rep board missions and 500 rep BoA WQ tokens at you, if you got multiple characters there's ways to mail all that BoA rep to your main.

I boosted 1 character to exalted easily and now I can send all his board mission tokens to other alts or paragon chests, and the flute is only revered.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-25 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Aha so that is what was bugging me ..

Is flying coming?
    Nope, there will not be any flight at plans, it seems we're aiming for the same status as Timeless Isle.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    I think its a cool experimentation
    I think its a cool experimentation to see how much they can threat us and we keep paying.
    I really damn hate this patch. Wow is going too far with RNG, and Argus is a pain in the ass. You can't even stop to check the map that you have dozen mobs aggring you.

And everything for what? To farm some shards, to buy a random item "for your spec" that usually is terribly bad for your spec. I'm Arms and I keep getting Critical Strike and Versatility???? WTF. It's not an item for Arms! Throw away items, shards and time