Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Eh, you paint europe in pretty bad light. The people around here who are up in arms about different cultures and their influence are usually not in touch with other cultures at all. This changes quickly as soon as they get to know some foreigners and realize that /gasp they aren't all out to erase our culture. Actually we're pretty good at doing that ourselves.
    That's just a blatant lie. I became hostile to arabs and Africans due to experience with them. Didn't care until that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    That's just a blatant lie. I became hostile to arabs and Africans due to experience with them. Didn't care until that.
    What do you mean that´s a blatant lie? I mean i made no definitive statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No sure, that monster will be finished within our lifetime.
    It will miraculously be finished in a day--as soon as the use of planes for transportation dies out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It will miraculously be finished in a day--as soon as the use of planes for transportation dies out.
    Now that would be hilarious!
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Too many fucking languages, too many cultures, too many grudges,
    Welcome to America, where everyone speaks a different language and comes from a different culture. Oh, and we hate everyone who isn't like us. Especially the neighbors next door, those are the worst people.
    Where will the capital be?...it would be a fucking logistical nightmare.
    You won't have one. I guess you can rotate who gets to be the capital, but with all things internet why would you need one?

Would be a good step towards unified mankind. But one can always dream. I know very well that this will not happen for a long, long time.

Imagine a United States of (the whole) America.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, you paint europe in pretty bad light. The people around here who are up in arms about different cultures and their influence are usually not in touch with other cultures at all. This changes quickly as soon as they get to know some foreigners and realize that /gasp they aren't all out to erase our culture. Actually we're pretty good at doing that ourselves.
    I wouldn't call it bad or good. It's just different, with different expectations from immigrants (depending on voluntary or refugee obviously). In the vast majority of Europe, people expect immigrants to learn their language and ways. Not vice versa. For the USA it's different because there isn't an official language or long-standing tradition. People are used to new influences (especially in highly populated area's) much more than in the well-established cultures of European countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    I wouldn't call it bad or good. It's just different, with different expectations from immigrants (depending on voluntary or refugee obviously). In the vast majority of Europe, people expect immigrants to learn their language and ways. Not vice versa. For the USA it's different because there isn't an official language or long-standing tradition. People are used to new influences (especially in highly populated area's) much more than in the well-established cultures of European countries.
    That sounds much more reasonable and agreeable compared to your previous post.

7+ Year Old Account
    While that is true it doesnt really work in big cities of Europe they are almost as diverse as the American cities except that their buildings are old and retain their Identity if you wanna experience European Culture you look for it outside of the the big cities and with most immigrants moving towards the big cities the line between cultures becomes much more blurred.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2017-04-07 at 06:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds much more reasonable and agreeable compared to your previous post.
    That was in reply to a series of posts, not a stand-alone comment.

Funnily enough, OP keeps saying about how EU should embrace diversity like the US does, yet seems to ignore anything that doesn't match his view and acts like 'his/their view' is superior. Double standards ftw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    While that that is true it doesnt really work in big cities of Europe they are almost as diverse as the American cities except that their buildings are old and retain their Identity if you wanna experience European Culture you look for it outside of the the big cities and with most immigrants moving towards the big cities the line between cultures becomes much more blurred.
    Agreed, yet still those people are expected to integrate (to some degree), or at the very least learn the language.

My gf's father has foreign neighbors living next to him for over 25 years, yet they still don't speak a single word of Dutch. Their daughters are both married to Dutch men and are fully integrated and (at least) bilingual. Great example of doing it 'right' and doing it 'wrong' in the same family. At least, as seen by the vast majority.

It is a major problem if people refuse to integrate, as it literally disconnects you from the rest of society. You can't even communicate with officials.

As with a USE, people could acclimate themselves slowly over time. It isn't something that would happen overnight. Acceptance of someone different than you takes time.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-04-07 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Black people don't exist to you?
    Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot about the pilgrims unloading all of their african slaves. Thank you euro person for pointing out that missing part of American history.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I usually ignore your posts, because you make ridiculous anti-German claims. So while the study may have accurate points, your conclusion usually is pretty shit. It's you personally, Cybran. Not the study. I simply don't respect you on a personal level. Because why would I? I'd hate to disappoint you. As a member of the one true master race, I have to treat you like the dirty peasant that you obviously are begging to be. Where would we be if you suddenly had no reason for your bitching and whining... :P

But you're trying to make an argument here, so I took a look at your study. Which says:

How about that... you're quoting me a study that basically says what I've tried to bludgeon into your head for the past couple years already. We must be doing a shite job at being the master race in Germany, because obviously, we're actually being helpful to your economy. For a nazi nation, this is quite the shitshow. We should be treating you like subhumans, yet here we are... raising your living standards. We're doing it wrong, I guess. Let's see what else I can find...

So, the top dog is going to remain the top dog. Everyone knew that's not going to change unless you change the nature of the game. But hey, what's this? Eastern and Western Europe are converging? That's a plus for Bulgaria, isn't it? Living like Italians is probably better than living like a Soviet Vassal state, so it's a plus I'd say.

Who's losing is actually the wealthy small countries. Sweden and the like... but they can take it, they're big boys. And they know how markets work, sometimes you win some, sometimes you lose some.

Something else? Oh yes, this bit...

I would sign that. All of it. It's what I've been saying all the time. But to do something like that, you need a EU fiscal policy. EU taxation, EU budgeting, EU solidarity money transfer (we've done it in Germany for 70 years, works like a charm). But to do that, Bulgaria would absolutely have to give up fiscal authority to the EU. There's not a snowball's chance in hell we're going to let them do the taxation and money spreading. :P
    Well, Bulgaria has been one of the most stable economies during the 2008 crisis and it recovered the fastest with almost no debt. But I agree that, to prevent "Greece 2.0", if the EU becomes a country, things like taxes and budget should be handled by the EU for all countries involved.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-04-10 at 04:37 PM.