10+ Year Old Account

How to make good use of Ovyd's Winter Wrap?

Hey all. I am by no means the best player out there but I just got hold of Ovyd's Winter Wrap, my second legendary (first being Pyrdaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus) and I am not sure how to use it correctly. I know it spreads the healing bonus of Enveloping Mists but I feel like it's too short. When I get around to casting anything on anyone else the buff seems to disappear or whatever.

How do I make effective use of this thing?

Wait until Tuesday. Right now the trigger for Ovyd's makes it extremely difficult to use if not self-defeating, but come 7.2 it'll be a flat 50% chance each tick regardless of health and will specifically target injured allies rather than allies at random. If you're spot healing you'll often get your heals boosted even if you aren't specifically looking for it (although it's obviously better to keep an eye out for it).

Just make sure that whatever raid frame you use is tracking the buff on your party members. It helps a lot.

I've always used the belt in 5mans, it's even better now! Might be decent for raiding once the new set bonuses become available.

Yeah, it's probably still not that great unless you are doing a ton of spot-healing in a fight, but come ToS, the 2pc will make it pretty damn good. (Maybe)

There are so many 5man content examples where it truely shines; like the mariners on very high mythic + maw, or scorpions in NL.

Just prehotting 2 people up with EnM, then casting a EF when the mob/pack does AoE and the spam Vivify for the duration of the EF hot, and redo the same thing where there is downtime on the mob!

In a raid environment, it is very decent on Spellblade, if you are doing spot healing, or even tank healing, might even try it out! (I dont have Prydaz or the trinket )