Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Italy had a party advocating for just that right after the war, but the U.S. indicated that it wasn't interested and that was the end of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Not sure we follow the same media. Trump wanted to drop the Nato and Trump wants to for some reason charge members for not meeting their personal set out requirement and pay that to the US, while nobody asked the US to do more and pump in more money in their own military.

But i guess my news and that of the world is fake and biased *snickers*

Meanwhile Trump only wants an even bigger military, maybe he'll send Germany another invoice of a few hundred billion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the US need more states to subsidize the under achieving states?

I don't know why any EU country would join the US. You have crappy food, crappy drinking water, and Donald Trump just made sure it's getting even worse.

High rate of violent crime, death penalty, no health insurance, your FDA serves corporations, not the citizens, citizens don't have the right to know what's in their food, your undergrad educational system is falling apart, also.

Looks pretty wrecked to me. Why would I want to join this mess exactly?
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2017-03-30 at 10:16 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you would be glad to have Switzerland, but listen: they avoided EU like satan avoids holy water; no way they would submit themselves under such pathetic rulership as USA is. they would drive you crazy with their direct democracy and secede the first second they feel uppish.

Well, why not the counterquestion ? you could get sane healtchare, low crime and better education by switching sides; become a canton of Switzerland instead.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-03-30 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I don't know why any EU country would join the US. You have crappy food, crappy dinking water, and Donald Trump just made sure it's getting even worse.

High rate of violent crime, death penalty, no health insurance, your FDA serves corporations, not the citizens, citizens don't have the right to know what's in your food, your undergrad educational system is falling apart, also.

You leave Budweiser out of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    We basically are your military protectors while you guys get the best healthcare on the planet. Military is 50% of the US budget for a reason.
    And most of the common people of EU think you're weird for it too. You use EU as an excuse for your high budget, but we all know the US is the self elected world police.

You're correct in the sense that we are benefiting of it, obviously, but the whole thing is your own doing
    Last edited by Faible; 2017-03-30 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faible View Post
    And most of the common people of EU think you're weird for it too. You use EU as an excuse for your high budget, but we all know the US is the self elected world police.

You're correct in the sense that we are benefiting of it, obviously, but the whole thing is your own doing
    That's it exactly. It's all on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Puerto Rico has voted 3 times to reject becoming official US state. Also btw there is nothing that stops this in US law. Congress would have to ratify it to start the process. There is also an EXTREMELY super racist Supreme Court decision from like 1901 that does not automatically make them states without congressional approval.
    In what way were they "racist" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I don't know why any EU country would join the US. You have crappy food, crappy drinking water, and Donald Trump just made sure it's getting even worse.

High rate of violent crime, death penalty, no health insurance, your FDA serves corporations, not the citizens, citizens don't have the right to know what's in their food, your undergrad educational system is falling apart, also.

Keep on drinking it... keep on drinking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    There is a difference between cutting back on NATO support and throwing money at countless expensive toys you'll never use. The USA has fields full of unused tanks and aircraft which are just rusting away and every year more seem to be added.

That is a picture of AMARG, aka "The Boneyard". They planes seen have mostly been retired from service after DECADES of use and most are obsolete or at the end or their airframe life. They then either form a reserve, are sold to other countries or are used as a parts source for other planes until scrapped. There are also a lot less of them there then in the 80s/90s.

Those that would want are probably not worth annexing.

The only European country I could ever see being annexed by the United States is Iceland. Mainly because it's an island and it's closer to North America (relatively speaking).

Honestly though I think the next states will probably be DC and/or Puerto Rico. I doubt we'll get any new territories though, partially because of the resources it would take to maintain them and partially because the UN is very anti-colony.

If we were to annex a country as a territory it would likely be Haiti, at least in my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace;45186861[B
    Puerto Rico has voted 3 times to reject becoming official US state[/B]. Also btw there is nothing that stops this in US law. Congress would have to ratify it to start the process. There is also an EXTREMELY super racist Supreme Court decision from like 1901 that does not automatically make them states without congressional approval.
    Yet they do not want to become a independent nation. I wonder why? :P

I think the question is why would the United States want to take in what basically turns out to be welfare states. We already have logistical and military free roam of the region. We just don't have to take care of the people that want an awful lot for doing not very much. The current deal seems to be best to be honest.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone else posted a picture a while ago of where never before used tanks and aircrafts are just stored to eventually end up on a graveyard. There is a lot of wasteful spending on the US military and the military is already highly inefficient with it's budget as is.
    Those are war equipment grave yards. Where outdated stuff is stored until they can scrape them completely. So do not let those pics fool you. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone else posted a picture a while ago of where never before used tanks and aircrafts are just stored to eventually end up on a graveyard. There is a lot of wasteful spending on the US military and the military is already highly inefficient with it's budget as is.
    While it is true the US built tanks to put into storage, it was done because it was cheaper to do that then shut the production line down for several years then try to bring it back up. That is not that case with serial production aircraft, those are always put into service and older models retired to AMARG.

The fuck would any of them want to join the US for? Most of them are better off where they are currently outside of having a big dick military to wave in people's faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, in the same way it is possible that the UK will spontaneously begin arguing that Falkland Islands belong to Argentina.

There's no reason why it's not possible, but there's no fucking way it would happen.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

lol. why in all planets of the universe a european country would ever consider to join the united states, were every day more people die from gunshots than on the fucking ukrainian front?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible for them to ask, but it is practically impossible for it to happen. The way the world develops is nationalism gradually gives way to globalism. There is no point becoming a part of another country, when in a few decades you are going to become a part of a union with that country giving you all the advantages, while at the same time preserving your independence.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.