Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    People complaining about a separate headphone jack: when was the last time you charged or connected your phone to a computer while also using wired headphones?

That's literally what you're complaining about. Keeping that old ancient tech for that one functionality. You spent $800 on your phone, you can probs spend another 30 or so for Bluetooth headphones/earphones.
    I own a pair of £130 headphones, but I also own a pair of £110 bluetooth headphones, my £130 headphones destroy the bluetooth headphones in terms of sound and build quality, so yeah, bluetooth headphones are still far off in terms of the whole package.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I've sworn by HTC since the M8. No other phone maker puts out a quality handset like HTC right now. The S7 feels cheap, the LG G5 was crap plastic, the only phone that kind of competed on quality construction was the LG V10, but it wasn't all aluminum and came no where near the feel. Can't wait for them to come out with the 11 or whatever they are calling it.
    The headphone jack and lock button broke on my M9 and it started feeling a bit sluggish by the time I replaced it. I went back to Samsung because my 6-year-old S2 and 4-year-old Ativ-S are both working perfectly still.

My only gripe is I miss the sound quality of HTC and the S7 is so damn slippery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    The only thing I care about is the camera, I don't understand why they need to have specs so high, like seriously, who even uses their phones for high end gaming other than the .01% of perma virgin males anyway?

teens just use it for photos and social media, females just play webgames or whatever, adults don't play games on it.
    I think you might be grossly underestimating the popularity of mobile-games, and don't forget Samsung make the VR goggles for their phones to connect to.

People seem to think android is synonymous with Samsung. I hear so many people say "well I almost went back to iphone because I don't like the new samsung". Do people not research a $1000 device before they buy it? I don't get it. There are tons of options equal or even better than what samsung offers, if you aren't just concerned about the most cutting edge specs ( its a phone you really don't need the newest most powerful snapdragon).

Look into LG, Sony, Huawei, HTC, Nexus phones etc. Samsung isn't the only android option. Generally they are a few hundred cheaper as well, for the same options, maybe a better android skin, and pretty comparative horsepower.

Last i heard they fired 59 Samsung phones at that syrian air field?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I've been a huge Samsung supporter ever since the Galaxy phones started (which is a few years back), until this year where my Galaxy 7 screen broke not a month after buying it... while it was laying on my desk, since I hardly ever take my phone with me.

The S7 series suffered a lot of issues, and it's weakened the brand. They have a lot of work if they want to win people back.
    What issues? There's next to none at all, the only problem was with the Note 7 exploding. I've had my S7 for about 6 months and I have 0 problems with it, even persuaded by gf to swap from her Apple to it because of how good it was, she also prefers Samsung now.

This phone looks impressive, will I be getting one? Not a chance, as there's no point upgrading from an S7, and personally I think 5.8 inch for the smaller phone is ridiculous, that's absolutely massive for a normal pocket. No idea what Samsung were thinking with that one..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I duno, the Xperia XZ series seems quite alright, wasn't a big fan of the Z3/Z4 though, maybe because I had a chinese version, maybe they are just bad... but the XZ, and especially XZ Premium seem like really good phones.
    Only experience I have with Sony is for my work phone, M4 Aqua we have and it's the biggest pile of garbage going. Everyone in the office complains about it because it's diabolical. The customisation isn't very good I've noticed too, but the main problem is that it's so slow and it cuts out on phone calls for no reason at all very frequently, always nice to have a customer shouting at you down the phone saying you hung up when really it's because you've got a terrible phone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    People seem to think android is synonymous with Samsung. I hear so many people say "well I almost went back to iphone because I don't like the new samsung". Do people not research a $1000 device before they buy it? I don't get it. There are tons of options equal or even better than what samsung offers, if you aren't just concerned about the most cutting edge specs ( its a phone you really don't need the newest most powerful snapdragon).

Look into LG, Sony, Huawei, HTC, Nexus phones etc. Samsung isn't the only android option. Generally they are a few hundred cheaper as well, for the same options, maybe a better android skin, and pretty comparative horsepower.
    A fast way of explaining it is to tell them Android is by Google. Then Samsung adds a bit onto the OS, but it creates security and compatibility debt starting at each OS update. Also, now that Google has thorough development control with Pixel, there will likely be future OS features that are optimized for Google hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pre-ordered the S8 and S8 Plus this morning. Really excited.

The S7 Edge is hands down the best phone I have ever used- I felt the same about the S6 Edge until I bought the S7 Edge.

Though I am hyped for the LG G6- which I will pick up in a couple of months.
    You know your phones can be charged and don't need to be rebought once the initial battery charge unloads?