Deleted

Exceute ring worse than Aggramar Striders

So I just got my foruth legendary which was the exceute ring, I wasn't overly excited as I really wanted either the helmet or the waist.

So I started simming to see which legendary was the best for me and if Melandrus would still be the best ring option for me.
    To my surprice Aggramar Striders comes out ahead on a lightmovement fight, which kinda surprised me.
    So I tried simming a patchwerk style of fight, and the boots still come out ahead with only 300 dps. Which you can say makes them the two options goes neck and neck.

This really surprised me, arn't the DPS legendaries supposed to be better than utility legendaries??
    Even if just by a little bit?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few issues with the ring.

1.) Crit sucks. 2137 crit sucks, even though there is a socket.

2.) For Fury, the execute proc isn't huge. Unlike arms, which benefits from the proc (it hits at full rage value, it can proc tactician, it can fill dead GCDs), Fury is a GCD capped spec, not a resource capped spec. So whenever that execute procs, you're giving up or delaying something else to use it. Add to that it doesn't hit really hard without juggernaut stacks (just going off tooltip, it's only slightly harder than RB and RB crits give rage with Pulse of Battle) or during CDs, and the ring is underwhelming.

3.) The ring has to compete with some phenomenal rings.

4.) You don't get as much from a legendary ring as from another legendary spot. Let's look at bracers. A 900 bracer has +929 secondary stats, and 1221 strength. The legendary bracers have +1850 secondary stats, and 1772 strength. So the legendary bracers have +921 secondary, and 529 more strength.

Meanwhile, the ring, including the socket, has +3889 secondary, compared to the +2933 of a 900 ring. That's +956 more secondary stats. And no extra strength.

Add to that that the stats on the bracers are all good for fury, and most of them are good on the boots (there is far less crit) and that movement speed increases still can increase throughput on some fights, and it isn't hard to see why the ring is underwhelming. You're basically counting on the proc to out value the extra stats, which doesn't always happen.

I could do more mathy-sim stuff later but that's the general gist.

Deleted
    The second part there kinda surprised me a bit.
    Although if I hover over my tooltip for rampage and execute I'm pretty sure (not ingame atm) that a single execute does more damage than a rampage.
    Considering you have enough time to save the proc for when frothing berserker procs, I know that by doing so you might miss a proc as if you had used it instantly instead?`

I'm thinking that I'll only ever get to use this ring on Krosus, Trilliax, Star Agur where I can have all most 100 % uptime on the boss, other than that I'm swapping back to boost for the movement speed increase which comes in very beneficial for fight like Botanist or Spellblade.

Although I still feel like a legendary with a DPS increasing proc should do more damage than a utility legendary in a straight up single target fight with zero movement but a significant margin

Deleted
    try to sim again - and this time - u sim ur self with ayala and another ring - removing Melandrus...

Deleted
    I did that I have a haste mastery ring with 880 ilvl which comes out worde than melandrus

I don't know about the legendary boots because i don't have them but ring is my best right now. (shoulder , belt, neck, ayala ring)
    I have run a lot of sims, dummy tests and real tests(in raids and dungeons) lately to decide which 2 of my 4 legendaries are best. Turns out execute ring is much better than I thought. The reason is because we are able to use half of its procs during battle cry(10 sec proc duration+7 sec BC duration= half of BC cooldown) and it hits for 1.4m+ crit replacing 300-400k FS or BT.(but when the proc is not possible to use during BC you can even just let it go)

But the most surprizing thing I found out was that mastery is MUCH better than haste(for me). I can go 32% haste and 45% mastery or 25% haste and 54% mastery with my gear. The mastery version sims 50k more dps and I have 100k more dps in real fights. I think this is because most of our damage being insde BC windows expecialy the damage of DoS . With mastery DoS ticks are 1m and 850k with haste heavy gear.

Deleted
    I am going to use the ring on mythic krosus tonight and swap in boots and then deside.

How do you sim yourself with different stats than what is on your character?
    I hear a lot of people are changing from alot of haste to a more mastery oriented build.

What if I told you your sims nearly match real life scenarios as well?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

This is heroic trillax, and as you can see it shows even Prydaz and the boots beating out the ring.
    The reasons have mostly been stated already from Darkfriend to why it isnt as good as it seems.
    One reason I can think of it as another layer of complexity that requires even smarter play, as opposed to something passive that lets you focus on our core rotation as opposed to adding another shiny button that might not be optimal to press at the time.

Deleted
    Been doing a 10-15 sims trying to find a scenario where the ring would come out ahead of the boots, but it seems impossible since they nerfed the RPPM
    Someone suggested that you'd try and keep the proc and use it together with battle cry and/or fronthing berserker, and that would make it worthwhile, but in the sims it doesn't even bother doing this, and keeps using the proc straight away.

Guess I'll have to keep using the boots for now even on patchwerk like fights, and wait till I get either the helmet or neck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got ring +bracers +boots + cape also got Haste ring
    So ofc Cape + Wrist is my choice.
    For daily quests i use haste ring + boots DAT SPEED !!!!

Ring without massacre is well shit...
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Is it worth going with massacre for like krosus, star argur style of fights, with the execute ring over boots?

Only have 2 legendary, the Ring and Striders....ugh.

The Striders are great...as a 4th or 5th legendary. I'd rather have something to improve my dps

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
    Only have 2 legendary, the Ring and Striders....ugh.

The Striders are great...as a 4th or 5th legendary. I'd rather have something to improve my dps
    Stats do improve your dps.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Right, of course they do, however the affect does not.

For Fury its the Head and Cloak; after that you're losing a significant amount of dps using anything else. The only other real option (if you had them all) would be Prydaz, which seems to do well and adds survivability.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
    Right, of course they do, however the affect does not.

For Fury its the Head and Cloak; after that you're losing a significant amount of dps using anything else. The only other real option (if you had them all) would be Prydaz, which seems to do well and adds survivability.
    Have you not looked at the legendary rankings? The new crafted belt, bracers, and the boots are all pretty decent for dps and the helm+cloak doesn't do quite as good as it seems when ranking them 1 by 1 because you instantly have to remove a damn good haste/mast chest for the shit stat tier chest. Sure boots aren't the best, but they are far from terrible and the movement speed increase helps with raid mechanics and mobility. Even the bracers have gotten better with the vers stat added to them putting them in 4th place single target and even provide a substantial heal. Get the crafted belt made when the tower gets unlocked if you want something a bit better and the helm or cloak doesn't reach your bags before as it's right behind them. It'll provide a decent movement speed increase outside of combat and a decent heal inside combat. Coupled with the boots and you'd be a pretty fast fury warrior.

For Fury, I have helm, AoE belt, boots, execute ring, and neck. I still use helm and boots for single target (until I get the crafted belt from which I'll just swap it and the AoE belt out depending on fight).
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-03 at 08:05 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

This is my source:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...fo=Legendaries

If there's another place to look let me know so I don't waste shards on the wrong thing. I like the boots because they save time, even use them with Bear Tartare. In raids I want what gives the best dps, since that's a metric for getting spots in the future (fair or not).

I'll definitely be getting the craftable waist, more than likely will be used for tanking.