Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage TellMeWhen Rotation Profile for PATCH 7.2 w/Download

Hey all! With the release of 7.2 also comes updates for all Profiles. The majority of the changes made will be cosmetic and QoL overall but some classes have seen changes to the rotation based on feedback given by the community.

With this update comes a new form of Combat and Profile toggles as well as tier tracking and a simplified rotation system that is both easier to edit and move around your screen.

I hope you guys find this useful and please give me any feedback and suggestions so that I can continue to improve these profiles moving forward!

General

- New Help text has been added to better explain the toggles and anchor
    - Rotations have been reduced in size and moved
    - A Meta Icon will now display the rotation instead of the main rotation group
    - Tier Tracker has been added for T19 and T20 gear
    - Hidden Trackers have been reduced in size and moved
    - Combat and Profile toggles have been removed
    - A new version of the toggle has been added allowing you to turn profiles on and off without opening edit mode!

Arcane

- Rotation has been reworked and now includes both the Burn and Conservation rotations
    - Mark of Aluneth has been added to the rotation
    - Arcane Barrage will now only suggest when lower than 65% mana
    - Arcane Missiles will now only suggest at 3 charges, or at 4 Arcane Charges
    - Evocation will now suggest at 15% mana
    - Arcane Barrage notification will now appear on the mana bar (Similar to Life Tap for Warlocks)

Fire

- Rotation has been reworked to now take Combustion uptime into consideration
    - Scorch will now be suggested during Combustion
    - Scorch will no longer be suggested while moving
    - Phoenix Flame has been added to the rotation
    - Ignite tracker has been removed
    - Dragons Breath has been added to the rotation

Frost

- Ebonbolt has been added to the rotation
    - Comet Storm has been added to the rotation
    - Flurry will suggest while Ebonbolt is being cast
    - Ice Lance will suggest sooner while casting Flurry
    - Water Jet icon now flashes between Water Elemental and Water Jet
    - Water Elemental summon notification has been added​​

NOTE: This is a quality of life update meant to help players understand the potential options you have using this profile. Details such as how to disable spells in the rotation and a better positioned Group Anchor are now present to make using the profile that much easier.

For those who like to only use the rotation you can now position the Meta Icon more easily. Keep in mind that the icon requires the "Main Rotation" groups to be active in order to function properly.

YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE

Thanks a ton for your profiles!
    I absolutely love using them.

I've got a couple of requests/suggestions:

-- for Fire mage, could you please add a timer to the Pyroblast icon when the Bracers proc is active (i.e. got moving dashes around it)?
    ATM I have to look up the buffs to see if there's enough time to start the hard cast.

-- is it possible to make the whole profile scalable with a single resize anchor?
    This will be of much use for smaller screens/resolutions. ATM I resize icons manually after every profile update.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by dekkard View Post
    Thanks a ton for your profiles!
    I absolutely love using them.

I've got a couple of requests/suggestions:

-- for Fire mage, could you please add a timer to the Pyroblast icon when the Bracers proc is active (i.e. got moving dashes around it)?
    ATM I have to look up the buffs to see if there's enough time to start the hard cast.

-- is it possible to make the whole profile scalable with a single resize anchor?
    This will be of much use for smaller screens/resolutions. ATM I resize icons manually after every profile update.

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes I can add a buff tracker for the proc, and perhaps conditions for it to appear or not

2. The scaling part is an issue with TMW itself. Each group has it's own scale and to keep them unison is not possible right now. I'm looking into ways to use more meta groups and condense the profile down so that it is easier to scale but that's a more complex addition that will take time to get working just right.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Looking forward to getting the updates.

I got an error with the arcane version "A target of a condition Missiles Cast (group 21) is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonezerker View Post
    I got an error with the arcane version "A target of a condition Missiles Cast (group 21) is invalid.
    That would indicate a condition icon for it to appear was deleted. I'll get it fixed but this won't affect the rotation.

UPDATE 4/9/17

Frost

- Fixed a bug causing severe framerate drops when fighting in raid encounters
    - Hidden tracker and Ray of Frost group conditions have been fixed

Deleted
    Hi chesder. Which talents are you using for Frost mage rotation TMW?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humid View Post
    Hi chesder. Which talents are you using for Frost mage rotation TMW?

Thanks
    I think I was using Bone Chilling, Shimmer, Incanter's, Frozne Touch, Frost bomb and Comet Storm.

Keep in mind this works with all talents so use whichever you like.

Several updates will be posted in preparation for 7.2.5 that will include updated rotation conditions and condensed grouping.

If there are changes or additions you would like to see please list them here.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Hey Chesder! I love the TMW auras and plan on using them in this upcoming raid week to see how much of a difference it makes for me.

Could you add IV and Frozen Orb to the rotation? And maybe Blizzard on 2+ targets (if thats possible)?

Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    Hey Chesder! I love the TMW auras and plan on using them in this upcoming raid week to see how much of a difference it makes for me.

Could you add IV and Frozen Orb to the rotation? And maybe Blizzard on 2+ targets (if thats possible)?
    Can't say about IV but Frozen Orb is in the rotation when you have no fingers of frost stacks. I'll also be adding some new icons for AoE rotations and spells but that is still in testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    Can't say about IV but Frozen Orb is in the rotation when you have no fingers of frost stacks. I'll also be adding some new icons for AoE rotations and spells but that is still in testing.
    Hmm it doesnt pop up for me, even with 0 stacks of FoF.

Hmm it doesnt pop up for me, even with 0 stacks of FoF.
    I'll take a look and see whats happening. I may have turned it off while playtesting in the rotation. I tend to use it without it popping up

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a look and see whats happening. I may have turned it off while playtesting in the rotation. I tend to use it without it popping up

Here it shows i have it off CD; Ebonbolt on CD; no FoF procs; and its suggesting Frostbolt?

Here it is again, same situations as above, this time with IV active.
    Last edited by Demindar; 2017-05-09 at 09:21 PM.

Here it shows i have it off CD; Ebonbolt on CD; no FoF procs; and its suggesting Frostbolt?

Here it is again, same situations as above, this time with IV active.
    One condition for the spell is that you have not taken the PvP talent Concentrated Coolness. I added conditions for when you are not flagged for PvP it will show up.

UPDATE 5/9/17 - v1.0.3

Frost

- Added conditions for Frozen Orb when you are not in a PvP zone. This is to allow it to appear even if you chose certain talents

10+ Year Old Account
    One condition for the spell is that you have not taken the PvP talent Concentrated Coolness. I added conditions for when you are not flagged for PvP it will show up.

UPDATE 5/9/17 - v1.0.3

Frost

- Added conditions for Frozen Orb when you are not in a PvP zone. This is to allow it to appear even if you chose certain talents

Ahhhh. Thank you for the update! I did infact have that PVP talent.

Ahhhh. Thank you for the update! I did infact have that PVP talent.
    Is this thing similar in purpose to weak aura?

One or the other ?

Juste a silly question : why there 's no notification that icy veins is up ?

@chesder

I see Glacial Spike in the rotation...but I can't for the life of me get the TMW icon to ever show that.

I'm trying to decipher what the conditions are for its priority but can't seem to figure it out.

What does it take to get that to trigger?

----edit----

Ok I had it come up twice now standing there blasting away at the dummy

First time I didn't have 5 icicles so...couldn't cast it

Other time it was when FoF and BF were up...
    Now I'll be the first to admit I'm only just getting the hang of this Frost rotation...but should I be casting GS while FoF and BF are up?
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2017-05-23 at 08:39 PM.