Serenity in 7.2?

Anyone try out Serenity+DHC and maybe CoF along with it? Heard talks of it but the sims are still broken so I have no idea how it would perform. Anyone have any feedback after trying it out themselves?

Deleted
    As a matter of fact I have tried Serenity+ DHC but to be fair the impact is very little, I think it pushes you towards a good amount of haste just to be able to squeeze in another GCD, however the impact again is far less interesting than I thought it would be at least for my amount of haste ( 5589 so 14.90%).

Concerning CoF I don't have it so I can't help you with that...

Deleted
    Judging from the talk at the monk discord plus from some own personal tests, Serenity feels like a contender on Single target with DHC. Adding the chest will make serenity better for sure. I feel like SEF is still really strong on most bosses at NH because of the charge system and the ability to line them up with add waves. I'd suggest you to give it a go for yourself, see what does better. Spank the dummy for 5 minutes or so with both and see what happens.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace192 View Post
    Anyone try out Serenity+DHC and maybe CoF along with it? Heard talks of it but the sims are still broken so I have no idea how it would perform. Anyone have any feedback after trying it out themselves?

well i am rolling with chest + dhc + cof serenity on single target and dhc + boots for aoe, i think serenity is the way to go for st am not rly an active member here so if u wanna see my choice of items talents or my logs i suggest u look me up Bhî-kazzak/eu and for my logs go for Bhî-ragnaros/eu just migrated ^^this is what i am rolling with currently and it works well for me, i sim for 816k on simcraft and on wowgrpgress i sim for 752k on 450 sec , well as of my exp with it goes i say its abit bugged when using ur 2nd Sotwl after ur serenity it kinda does not obey ur command xD its tiliting abit specialy on a fight like elisand or chronomatic where time changes or globels are faster/slower, but meh if u have the chest + wrist i suggest u play serenity on st cuz its quite good^^

Deleted
    SEF has the flexibility of the charge system; for example, on Krosus, you can get times when SEF's CD is up but you've got to run halfway along the bridge to soak (peril of high mobility melee!); charge system lets me bank it for later, and I'd be worried about when CDs were coming up for Ser. I'm also not sure how well the casts for the chest would fit into the Serenity rotation, if I'm honest; with the CDR do you still have enough gaps? Should do some testing of Ser against SEF on a dummy, though. Serenity is better on AoE that lives long enough, i presume, as it's only been buffed since pre-7.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinda View Post
    As a matter of fact I have tried Serenity+ DHC but to be fair the impact is very little, I think it pushes you towards a good amount of haste just to be able to squeeze in another GCD, however the impact again is far less interesting than I thought it would be at least for my amount of haste ( 5589 so 14.90%).

Concerning CoF I don't have it so I can't help you with that...
    Haste does not effect WW GCDs. Time dilation buffs/debuffs do, but they also effect Serenity duration proportionately so it's a wash anyways.

I've been wondering if I should switch to it, I don't have DHC but I do have the chest. I just simmed with serenity and it is higher damage but I'm wondering how reliable it is. Might dick around with it next reset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I've been wondering if I should switch to it, I don't have DHC but I do have the chest. I just simmed with serenity and it is higher damage but I'm wondering how reliable it is. Might dick around with it next reset
    I know DHC+Ser isn't simmed right; it's always worth 20 min or so on the dummies.

World First, but I'm not sure

Related: predictions r good but, pre-ToS patch will shuffle everything you discuss here
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Judging from the talk at the monk discord plus from some own personal tests, Serenity feels like a contender on Single target with DHC. Adding the chest will make serenity better for sure. I feel like SEF is still really strong on most bosses at NH because of the charge system and the ability to line them up with add waves. I'd suggest you to give it a go for yourself, see what does better. Spank the dummy for 5 minutes or so with both and see what happens.
    Just done some dummy testing, and, with the chest/bracers, SEF came out a hair above Ser. The clones copying the chest channel makes up for the extra charging you get from Serenity. If it was close the other way, I'd probably stick with SEF, purely for the flexibility of the charges.