Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pandas are the best thing to come to this game
    With the buff to feasts we get 1000 main stat
    Not to mention quaking palm > capacitor / hex for pvp / another interrupt / quick cc
    Also gives an actual usable shaman race for alliance
    Shado pan was also pretty awesome looking with their theme and mog
    Ninja / Samurai themes, game needs more of it.
    Thus, GIMME ANOTHER EASTERN BASED EXPANSION

....I actually secretly hope the next expansion is a Kul'tiras kinda japanese style islands or something with Jaina corrupted by old gods / void lords or something leading them. Perfect theme to give us the xmog we need - be it sailor outfits or mariner longcoats. The xmog dream!

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    Pandas are the best thing to come to this game
    With the buff to feasts we get 1000 main stat
    Not to mention quaking palm > capacitor / hex for pvp / another interrupt / quick cc
    Also gives an actual usable shaman race for alliance
    Shado pan was also pretty awesome looking with their theme and mog
    Ninja / Samurai themes, game needs more of it.
    Thus, GIMME ANOTHER EASTERN BASED EXPANSION

....I actually secretly hope the next expansion is a Kul'tiras kinda japanese style islands or something with Jaina corrupted by old gods / void lords or something leading them. Perfect theme to give us the xmog we need - be it sailor outfits or mariner longcoats. The xmog dream!
    1. Subjective
    2. Monks are one of the least played class in the game
    3. Draenei make, lore wise, 100x more sense being Shaman than pandaren, which make none. They've also been usable since BC
    4. Subjective
    5. Ninja, there are no samurai themes in MOP to avoid pissing of China
    6. It wasn't eastern themed, it was China themed, from great wall to chinese history parallels to chinese folklore parallels.

Kul'Tiras has nothing do with with Japanese themes, although I wouldn't be against it. The keyword here is themes though, and not an entire copy paste of Japanese history and folklore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love them, and loved them the first time they appeared. Hehe. I asked for them?`Do I count?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I've done nothing either of you just said I did. If you continue to derail my thread with personal attacks and hate speech I will report you to mods. The "wall of text" is there because you can't make a point in one sentence, you have to have background references to support your claim or question.
    If you can't make a point this simple in a sentence, you really need to think about the conciseness and efficiency of your writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

I didn't ask for them, but since they came out, they've been by far my favorite race. The only race that I have more characters as, is Dwarf.

I also main a monk, so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    If you can't make a point this simple in a sentence, you really need to think about the conciseness and efficiency of your writing.
    You cannot make a point about this subject in one sentence because it's not simple. If you do not provide enough background material showing your understand when and where pandaren came from, and why you are asking this question, you will be automatically labelled as a panda hater and told to get over your "kung fu panda" complex because pandaren came first.

Even so, I still got some replies mirroring lightly those sort of replies, which is why I couldn't just ask the question outright. I had to demonstrate, with dates, facts and numbers, that I was asking my question purely out of scientific reasons.

Do I need to go on, or will you label this as a "wall" of text too if I do? This is a forum you know, and one of the points of a forum discussion is to be able to talk, in depth, about subjects. The point of a forum is not to inflate your posts count with one word replies and /10char written after them, or insipid, useless and inconsequential one sentence replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    They design based on what is good for the game.
    Truly, the selfie camera and garrisons were "good for the game".

-snip-
    if warcraft players demand would influence in any shape and form blizzard decision about races then ogres and high elfs would be playable since tbc (or even before) it's a bit different for the Monk class i remember a large group of supporter for their introduction since scarlet cathedral runs; that said imho pandarens and pandaria where mainly done to appeal the asian audience and boost wow in that market.
    Anyway i don't care about them the number i see around is so small nowadays they are easily ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

For what? That was five years ago.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Anybody got any overwhelming proof that your mundane, whiny threads complaining about Blizzard's lunch menu not including french fries on Wednesday are asked for and tolerated?

I rest my case.

15+ Year Old Account
    It does, because if blizzard now decides what to put in their expansions based off polls (at Blizzcon, apparently), why don't they just make it official, available to all the millions of players playing?
    I'm 100% sure they don't make their expansion decisions off a single poll taken at Blizzcon each year. Expansions are brainstormed years before they release at the concept and design level.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Being a Warcraft player since WC2 I've never seen that much demand of giving pandaren their own expansion, at best they were requested to be another playable race like worgen and goblins. They were supposed to be the new Alliance race in TBC, but they got replaced with the draenei after they decided to retcon their race. Pandaria would feel very out of place in TBC anyway so maybe thats for the better. But I never found that the pandaren deserved their own expansion, I would be okay with them and their Asian theme if they played a much smaller role than they were given. Its basically whats holding MoP back from being one of the best expansions, they shouldn't have made most of the continent to just pointlessly do unimportant stuff like helping out farmers with their crobs or deliver beer or whatever. Its missing the epicness that other expansions had while leveling. you completely missed the theat like Arthas watching over you or or witnissing Deathwings destruction in the new and old zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter? Did anyone specifically ask for Arthas? Can you prove it? What about Worgen? Goblins? Orcs? Trolls? Dalaran? Darnassus? Night Elves?

Mists came and went nearly 5 years ago. It's happened and it is in the past. Whether you liked the Pandaren or not, it's time to move on. Blizzard made a choice of what they wanted to do with their game.

More on that, I don't remember Bioware clearing it with me prior to setting the next Mass Effect in Andromeda...oh right, because they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Does it really matter?
    I would say not.
    Proof is demanded by those keen to dismiss the idea, and any claims from blizzard have been repeatedly denied.
    No proof is ever going to satisfy anyone against the idea.

If someone hates pandaren that much, nothing blizzard says will convince you that someone who isn't you actually wanted them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Kul Tiras, you're trying too hard. If you want to be like Jaylock, you need to be slightly less obvious. "Overwhelming proof" is just too much, makes it obvious you can just ignore anything you want to regardless of what it is
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2017-04-02 at 09:53 PM.

Oh look it's Kul Tiras's daily "Blizzard sucks" whinethread.

Is this a repost of a Pandaria whine you wrote in 2012 or is it just staggeringly irrelevant?

Yeah people asked for Pandaren quite a bit in the years before MoP dropped. You don't see anything about it now because everyone got it out of their systems.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You are aware OP, that pandaren were initialy planned as Alliance race in TBC but were scrapped because they didn't fit overall theme and replaced with draenei?

Is this good enough?

Well, I guess it's confession time. They usually give me a ring to ask me what I think and if I approve they go ahead with it. They asked "How about Pandaria? an entirely new world with fresh lore" I said "Okay, fine, you have my blessing". What they didn't say was "a new Panda race". Had I have known about it before hand MoP wouldn't have happened.