Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    And just how common in literature is the successful crossing of a 1000-mile open stretch of sea on one of these rafts?
    Well to be fair we are comparing to vessels that are sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    I'd rather believe what I see with my own 2 eyes than some peer reviewed study by a guy in an office who's probably not stepped foot outside his suburban neighbourhood except to get to work or play gold on a weekend.

Edit: I love how there are 'multiple' studies, yet you've not posted one source for any of them.
    I had and still have much contact with refugees. I have only met one who said that unemployment benefit is enough for him and that he has no motivation to learn german, out of maybe 100-150. He got scolded pretty hard by his peers. The other ones try to get a job, get an apprenticeship or internship. Many still struggle, because learning the language is quite hard for them. Others seem to some kind of linguistic talent and will start studying at a university soon. I have heard many times that they want more contact with 'natives'. For children that is easy, for students its easy, but some of those who aim for an apprenticeship and still are in language courses have a hard time finding the correct way to integrate into the society. Especially those who do not want to join a football club or something similar.

Edit: There are also the ones who already found an apprenticeship or are already employed.
    Last edited by Renyo; 2017-04-05 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nomadic people are a new concept for you?
    You mean they are just following the watering hole for their livestock?

Nomads don't really country hop you know.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!