Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Death Knight TellMeWhen Rotation Profile for PATCH 7.2 w/Download

Hey all! With the release of 7.2 also comes updates for all Profiles. The majority of the changes made will be cosmetic and QoL overall but some classes have seen changes to the rotation based on feedback given by the community.

With this update comes a new form of Combat and Profile toggles as well as tier tracking and a simplified rotation system that is both easier to edit and move around your screen.

I hope you guys find this useful and please give me any feedback and suggestions so that I can continue to improve these profiles moving forward!

General

- New Help text has been added to better explain the toggles and anchor
    - Rotations have been reduced in size and moved
    - A Meta Icon will now display the rotation instead of the main rotation group
    - Tier Tracker has been added for T19 and T20 gear
    - Hidden Trackers have been reduced in size and moved
    - Combat and Profile toggles have been removed
    - A new version of the toggle has been added allowing you to turn profiles on and off without opening edit mode!

Blood

- Rotation has been added
    - Bone Shield now shows it's duration and stacks
    - Adjusted Death Strike to appear at higher Runic Power values
    - Added conditions for several talents
    - Death and Decay will now suggest more often based on talents

Frost

- Frost Strike will appear more frequently
    - Runic Power spenders will not appear in the rotation during Breath of Sindragosa
    - Increased priority of Rime procs

Unholy

- Dark Transformation now has conditions for Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads
    - Scourge Strike will appear more frequently
    - Festering Strike will now appear less frequently

NOTE: This is a quality of life update meant to help players understand the potential options you have using this profile. Details such as how to disable spells in the rotation and a better positioned Group Anchor are now present to make using the profile that much easier.

For those who like to only use the rotation you can now position the Meta Icon more easily. Keep in mind that the icon requires the "Main Rotation" groups to be active in order to function properly.

YOU CAN FIND THE LATEST VERSION HERE

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot! Been waiting for this! In the next update could you please include a condition to not suggest HB with T19 bonuses at 92+ RP or Obli at 80+ RP? Also, it seems to have a little too long of a wait time when HRW is up when you have full runes and 80+ RP. Wouldn't it make more sense to continue using Obli to not waste HRW runes?

And a side question - what exactly does tier tracker do? It's only there when I configure the positions, then it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    Thanks a lot! Been waiting for this! In the next update could you please include a condition to not suggest HB with T19 bonuses at 92+ RP or Obli at 80+ RP? Also, it seems to have a little too long of a wait time when HRW is up when you have full runes and 80+ RP. Wouldn't it make more sense to continue using Obli to not waste HRW runes?

And a side question - what exactly does tier tracker do? It's only there when I configure the positions, then it's gone.
    It's a hidden group that tracks your equipped gear and adds to a counter, 1 point for each piece that is equipped. I can use that counter to quickly decide whether or not you have 2 or 4 piece equipped and add conditions to the rotation. For now the tracker was added in but the rotation is not taking it into account. This is because I want it enabled and ready to go for ToS when that launches.

I can add conditions for HB when the bonus is active like you suggest.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    It's a hidden group that tracks your equipped gear and adds to a counter, 1 point for each piece that is equipped. I can use that counter to quickly decide whether or not you have 2 or 4 piece equipped and add conditions to the rotation. For now the tracker was added in but the rotation is not taking it into account. This is because I want it enabled and ready to go for ToS when that launches.

I can add conditions for HB when the bonus is active like you suggest.
    Oh, makes sense, thank you.

That would be great. I know we're supposed to use TMW as an adviser, not a "press this button now or else" absolute truth, but it would be clearer that way, I think. Especially with T20, when it will be absolutely crucial to use every single attack at hand during HRW, I think casting Obli at 80+ RP when you're risking to overcap runes is worth it.

thanks, will try it out

Thank you for putting the time in on these!

Deleted
    For a Breath of Sindragosa build, shouldn't there be somekind of change in the rotation?

If Breath is available, the addon shouldnt recommend abilities that use runic powers. You want +70 runic and pref 2 charged runes before using Breath.

Im still a new DK, so there might be something im missing.

Several updates will be posted in preparation for 7.2.5 that will include updated rotation conditions and condensed grouping.

If there are changes or additions you would like to see please list them here.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    appreciate the work u put in just tested it and losed about 180~k dps with tellmewhen feels like froststrike is too high priority when it tells u to dump runic power when u just have 30-40 and still 2 oblits left to use guess its ok for DK's out there who are trying to get a grasp of frost. atleast during Breath it seems to be working properly

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    appreciate the work u put in just tested it and losed about 180~k dps with tellmewhen feels like froststrike is too high priority when it tells u to dump runic power when u just have 30-40 and still 2 oblits left to use guess its ok for DK's out there who are trying to get a grasp of frost. atleast during Breath it seems to be working properly
    I'll look at the priority and adjust it to be more in line with sim data and logs. 7.2.5 will see larger changes to rotations and I'm testing things out on the PTR currently

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    really struggling with this. as mentioned above frost strike is being over used

Quote Originally Posted by nightsinna View Post
    really struggling with this. as mentioned above frost strike is being over used
    Redoing the rotation. Updates should be up for testing coming this week

i like to use this as a helper, would like to see RW stacks but i guess i can get a weakaura for that

Can the Blooddrinker talent be added to the blood rotation?

Deleted
    Maybe its just me, but this doesn't seem to work very well with Frost and BoS build specifically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    Maybe its just me, but this doesn't seem to work very well with Frost and BoS build specifically.
    I've not found anything to help with BoS builds, whether it's TMW or WAs. It's not like MG where you had a straightforward and predictable rotation based on resources. BoS is about optimising burst windows according to the fight; no addon is going to help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    I've not found anything to help with BoS builds, whether it's TMW or WAs. It's not like MG where you had a straightforward and predictable rotation based on resources. BoS is about optimising burst windows according to the fight; no addon is going to help you with that.
    Part of the BoS build is built in as a way to generate resource without wasting it using FS. It's a tricky area because there isn't a "rotation" so much as proper decision making based on whats happening around you.

BoS works fine, youre probably not getting the suggestion for regular Obliterate, you just have to do it yourself since the addon does the most important job for you by not suggesting frost strike.

so im getting message all profiles are off toggle the specs you want to use how do i do this?

Quote Originally Posted by sirlygo View Post
    so im getting message all profiles are off toggle the specs you want to use how do i do this?
    Type /tmw to exit Edit Mode and it will disappear.