Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I dont understand how it affects you for players to try and improve a feature they care about. You dont care about the feature obviously so stay out of it lol.
    It does affect me as time was wasted on its development instead of development on other features. Don't post in general if you don't want general opinions...

7+ Year Old Account
    If you oppose this you are simply a troll as this post was not calling for a replacement but the option to have dark nights. If someone offers you an apple a pear and a pineapple you dont need to flip out that you have choices.

- - - Updated - - -

thats irrelevent
    except its not, because people would play the game at night and go "wtf this game is so dark thats bullshit" without knowing there is a setting to change that. i know a few people who hit 110 without even figuring out they could add more bars to their uis
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    It does affect me as time was wasted on its development instead of development on other features. Don't post in general if you don't want general opinions...
    Its not the same people who develop it and those people spent more time creating an item out of it. Thats not the point of the thread regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except its not, because people would play the game at night and go "wtf this game is so dark thats bullshit" without knowing there is a setting to change that. i know a few people who hit 110 without even figuring out they could add more bars to their uis
    I already gave a fix to that posts ago, this feature would not be automatic. You will have to toggle it in your interface if you want to have it work.

While being a built in feature would be nice, no, I don't feel like Blizzard physically assaulted me in the way OP described his own reaction. I'm not sure how can this can be taken as a negative when it continues to show that Blizzard is taking steps toward reintegrating darker nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    While being a built in feature would be nice, no, I don't feel like Blizzard physically assaulted me in the way OP described his own reaction. I'm not sure how can this can be taken as a negative when it continues to show that Blizzard is taking steps toward reintegrating darker nights.
    It was just exaggerated sarcasm for the lols. I assumed people would assume that since it would be stupid to get worked up over a video game but I forgot Im on MMO Champ where there really are people that pull their hair out everyday over not getting a proc item

It was just exaggerated sarcasm for the lols. I assumed people would assume that since it would be stupid to get worked up over a video game but I forgot Im on MMO Champ where there really are people that pull their hair out everyday over not getting a proc item
    To be fair, you did post "If you oppose this you are simply a troll" and didn't appear to be joking about it. I don't think you have a very strong foundation to look down on others for acting outrageously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

I don't like the effect ofdark night when I play, It's just cool to take screen shot. But for playing, after 30 min it get on my nerves
    I'm happy it's not perm
    I'm happy I can chose if want dark night or not

I think the potion is a pretty ideal solution myself. It allows you a 100% organic, in-world way of gaining the effect with no downtime or limitations on where or when you can use it (outside of needing to buy them while DMF is up, but you can easily stock up on more than you need).

Given that the potion overrides a lot of other ambient environmental effects and produces some weird looking results in certain areas, it's clearly not something that's ready to be applied to the game as a default option. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a soft test of something they've been playing around with internally. It might be something that gets added to the default UI in the future, but if not then this solution is just fine too. I actually prefer the flexibility of the potion over something that would only affect the outside weather in certain overworld zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    To be fair, you did post "If you oppose this you are simply a troll" and didn't appear to be joking about it. I don't think you have a very strong foundation to look down on others for acting outrageously.
    Thats fine you're entitled to your opinion

- - - Updated - - -

To the people saying the potion works for them.. that is awesome!! Im glad that it is a good solution to your immersive desires for the game. This post however is about turning that into a toggle. Would it not be better for the game for those who care for the feature for it to be toggable instead of through a potion. This means that if you dont want dark nights you dont have to every play with it. This means if you want dark nights you can toggle the option for it without affecting anyone else. You will save gold, bag space, and you will be able to enjoy dark nights naturally IF you want to do it. This is about having the option which is why I said I am shocked to see anybody opposed to giving players what they want if the change in function doesnt affect them in anyway. This isnt controversial in anyway lol

ohhhh this looks awesome

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

except that still is not enough.
    i know people even people on these very forums who entering 7.2 did not know about the sentinax or the new followers or new research
    Your argument for not implementing something is that some people wouldn't know about it? And this is just a cop out by blizz. They always pull this shit. Lets just make a toy effect that lasts 15 minutes on a 6 hour cooldown. LUL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Your argument for not implementing something is that some people wouldn't know about it? And this is just a cop out by blizz. They always pull this shit. Lets just make a toy effect that lasts 15 minutes on a 6 hour cooldown. LUL

uhh... you do know it has a 1 second cooldown with a 2 hour duration right?

also again if they make it a option in the menu it will just be a setting no one uses, as a item atleast those who want it can get it, those who dont never need to bother with it

It's a neat item and I definitely agree they're testing this out as a general-use thing to make a decision on adding a Graphics options toggle. They just probably need to do some work on it (i.e. making skyboxes stay the same, tailoring the ambient darkness-blue to the zone's skybox, etc) but this is a fun first test.

EDIT: To the post above me...no one would use it? I'm using it while world questing right now and I haven't had this much immersion in this game in a decade. It doesn't bother me in the least and looks fantastic. People would definitely use a menu toggle.

Deleted
    It's probably not an option beause it doesn't look good at all.

uhh... you do know it has a 1 second cooldown with a 2 hour duration right?

also again if they make it a option in the menu it will just be a setting no one uses, as a item atleast those who want it can get it, those who dont never need to bother with it
    also again if they make it into an item only available during darkmoon fair it will just be an item no one knows about, as a setting at least those who want it can always get it, those who don't never need to bother with it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    also again if they make it into an item only available during darkmoon fair it will just be an item no one knows about, as a setting at least those who want it can always get it, those who don't never need to bother with it
    except they are not... it is in the game, you can buy hundreds of them right now, why would they add it, then change it after with such a it doesent matter item

you can tell you are super jaded and just looking for reasons to hate everything when you start making up stuff like that

Of course I would much rather it be a graphical option. But I bought enough to fill multiple banks so I'm okay with it.

I love it, went through Suramar today and the city looks so much better. All of the Broken Isle zones look great with this potion.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else feel like Blizzard just slapped them across the face with this? Players have been asking for dark nights in WoW forever to return and instead they give us this. Why cant they just have a toggle for a dark night for those who want a more immersive experience. Been using the add ons nightillusion and a sweetfx filter to manage
    It gives you the option to have the feature at any time while those who thought darker nights were lame won't be stuck with it. It's a win for both types of players.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Wow, they give you something that gets you want you want in at least some manner and you whine? Entitled crybabies FTW I guess.

Some of you really need to get a life and, having gotten one, find out what real problems are made of. Hint. Not this.
    I thought the same thing when I read it.