Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    Anyone else feel like Blizzard just slapped them across the face with this? Players have been asking for dark nights in WoW forever to return and instead they give us this. Why cant they just have a toggle for a dark night for those who want a more immersive experience. Been using the add ons nightillusion and a sweetfx filter to manage
    I think nights should be dark for everyone, period. I don't want an option or an item to toggle it.

its interesting , i like it
    Did you see me lay down the law?
    I am the law Givaaaaa!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

uhh... you do know it has a 1 second cooldown with a 2 hour duration right?

also again if they make it a option in the menu it will just be a setting no one uses, as a item atleast those who want it can get it, those who dont never need to bother with it
    what ur saying doesnt really make sense. if they made it an option in ur settings then people could just not use it the same way they dont use the potion, but at least it would be there year round and wouldnt take up any bag space or cost u gold...

i really dont care at all, i think the potion makes it too dark tbh. However i can see where the op is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    I think nights should be dark for everyone, period. I don't want an option or an item to toggle it.
    see this is something that I could see a portion of people bitching about with justification cos bad vision, but a toggle? you were never loved as a child

10+ Year Old Account
    see this is something that I could see a portion of people bitching about with justification cos bad vision, but a toggle? you were never loved as a child
    This needs to be a toy and you seriously need to chill the fuck out. You aren't really helping "the cause" by insulting everyone who does not 100% agree with you.

Look... if this was a toggle... it would be pretty inconvenient and more immersion breaking.
    You had to go into your menu and select it. If this works just like the potion.. it means that you would be 100% in the "dark night" mode always. Do you want that? I personally don't and I also don't want to go into the menu again and de-select it.

The more organical option would be to just make the nights darker vs how they are now. So when its becoming nighttime in WoW... due to toggling my menu (one time) it just becomes darker then anyone who did not toggle it. I would be for this. The drawback is that people who don't play late in the evening, never get to experience this. So while it probably won't cause a riot, the option we have now (to select it whenever) is better for "everyone".

That it is a potion is annoying. Yeah no way around it... it is annoying. But as we are used to using potions anyway, it feels less immersion breaking when using it. And it is just 1 slot in your backpack. While perhaps more slots in your bank.

But honestly.... if you still have lack of bagspace you are an effing hoarder and kept useless stuff. Go DE the gear that is not special to you... (personally I kept the original Quel Serrar and every legendary since Vanilla) And then some stuff like Cloak of Onyxia and the attunement neckpiece. Perhaps you got 3 more items similar and some toys that aren't toys yet. Ok you got your tabards (all of them perhaps). So how is your bagspace looking? Quite empty I bet if you bought the 30 slotters.

So unless you are a trader/grinder, you should have your bank empty for 50% atleast. Now calculate how many potions you would require until the next Darkmoon Fair. Because how often do you really want darker nights (during the day). Not a lot I bet. And if you are raiding you don't need it either. So my guess is that you maybe have 3 stacks total, with one of them being in your regular backpack.

You can also mail them to an alt.... (hint). So please stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Look... if this was a toggle... it would be pretty inconvenient and more immersion breaking.
    You had to go into your menu and select it. If this works just like the potion.. it means that you would be 100% in the "dark night" mode always. Do you want that? I personally don't and I also don't want to go into the menu again and de-select it.

The more organical option would be to just make the nights darker vs how they are now. So when its becoming nighttime in WoW... due to toggling my menu (one time) it just becomes darker then anyone who did not toggle it. I would be for this. The drawback is that people who don't play late in the evening, never get to experience this. So while it probably won't cause a riot, the option we have now (to select it whenever) is better for "everyone".

That it is a potion is annoying. Yeah no way around it... it is annoying. But as we are used to using potions anyway, it feels less immersion breaking when using it. And it is just 1 slot in your backpack. While perhaps more slots in your bank.

But honestly.... if you still have lack of bagspace you are an effing hoarder and kept useless stuff. Go DE the gear that is not special to you... (personally I kept the original Quel Serrar and every legendary since Vanilla) And then some stuff like Cloak of Onyxia and the attunement neckpiece. Perhaps you got 3 more items similar and some toys that aren't toys yet. Ok you got your tabards (all of them perhaps). So how is your bagspace looking? Quite empty I bet if you bought the 30 slotters.

So unless you are a trader/grinder, you should have your bank empty for 50% atleast. Now calculate how many potions you would require until the next Darkmoon Fair. Because how often do you really want darker nights (during the day). Not a lot I bet. And if you are raiding you don't need it either. So my guess is that you maybe have 3 stacks total, with one of them being in your regular backpack.

You can also mail them to an alt.... (hint). So please stop whining.
    What is simpler than going in your interface once and hitting a checkmark and never doing it again. You are the one whining I'm trying to make something better, you aren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This needs to be a toy and you seriously need to chill the fuck out. You aren't really helping "the cause" by insulting everyone who does not 100% agree with you.
    I don't see how a toy is more simple than clicking a check on your interface once and calling it a day. This is something that makes the game look a million times better for a large amount of people. Some people think the game looks bad, this makes the game look better to some. Its more impressive for new players as well. Theres no need to complicate this. We should add new graphic settings for WoW past the limit of 10 up to 15 and have them as potions only instead of letting you slide the option in options how does that sound? Thats what this is to players who care about immersion/weather

Anyone else feel like Blizzard just slapped them across the face with this? Players have been asking for dark nights in WoW forever to return and instead they give us this. Why cant they just have a toggle for a dark night for those who want a more immersive experience. Been using the add ons nightillusion and a sweetfx filter to manage
    You guys settle for less thats fine. You guys are happy with what is current and thats fine. I agree having the potion is better than nothing. But I think they can do better without a big hassle and thats the point of this thread. Baiting around whos entitled this and that has nothing to do with it. Stick to the topic lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed its a cool item and it shows us that Blizzard is easily capable of restoring dark nights to WoW.
    No

You actually said it was a slap in the face. Is a slap in the face better than nothing? You contradict yourself within 4 posts. You are either incredibly stupid or just a crybaby attention seeker. What are you gong to cry about next? Are you going to cry about how Blizzard is just slapping us in the face because the Mage Tower only lasts 3 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

No I don't think them giving you something you wanted is a slap in the face lol.

I also think this is in some ways even better than a toggle.

Toggle - Dark only at nights. So if you play only through daytime, you wouldn't get to see the dark nights.

Potion - Dark nights whenever you want to experience it.

Seems like a good compromise to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No

You actually said it was a slap in the face. Is a slap in the face better than nothing? You contradict yourself within 4 posts. You are either incredibly stupid or just a crybaby attention seeker. What are you gong to cry about next? Are you going to cry about how Blizzard is just slapping us in the face because the Mage Tower only lasts 3 days?
    lol your like the 10th person but here goes, none of what you are saying is actually relevant to the topic. Its like your focusing on meaningless information in a word math problem. Or like your identifying the wrong thesis in the essay. The thread is about turning a potion that provides a graphical update into a toggle. A toggle where every player is happy as you get your dark night if you want it or keep it the way it is now with a simple check in interface where display helm used to be. You can tell me Im entitled or a cry baby attention seeker or that Im the most amazing person ever. It's doesnt really matter I'm just a stranger on the internet... Your real interest should be debating the topic that affects your gameplay options because its a game you play and not me because you dont know me or know the context in which I said that. I even put a little emoji next to it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how a toy is more simple than clicking a check on your interface once and calling it a day. This is something that makes the game look a million times better for a large amount of people. Some people think the game looks bad, this makes the game look better to some. Its more impressive for new players as well. Theres no need to complicate this. We should add new graphic settings for WoW past the limit of 10 up to 15 and have them as potions only instead of letting you slide the option in options how does that sound? Thats what this is to players who care about immersion/weather
    The reason is simple and is something you seem to not understand - Blizzard does it's best to offer unified experience for the playerbase that also matches their ideas and vision.

If you have player A put a setting for dark nights and player B not do so - they will perceive the world in a completely different manners permanently and this IS immersion breaking as your perception of the area will be permanently distorted as opposed to this being a toy or a potion which is temporary and can be clicked off pronto in case you want it so.

Furthermore, making it an actual setting will require a serious long term commitment as opposed to just tossing up some random skybox or filter for laughs.

So toy is the best choice really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The reason is simple and is something you seem to not understand - Blizzard does it's best to offer unified experience for the playerbase that also matches their ideas and vision.

If you have player A put a setting for dark nights and player B not do so - they will perceive the world in a completely different manners permanently and this IS immersion breaking as your perception of the area will be permanently distorted as opposed to this being a toy or a potion which is temporary and can be clicked off pronto in case you want it so.

Furthermore, making it an actual setting will require a serious long term commitment as opposed to just tossing up some random skybox or filter for laughs.

So toy is the best choice really.
    The difference is not that big and nights used to be dark like that. People already have filters, different pcs, different graphic settings, ui's , etc. You are making up excuses by saying it will be difficult to so and so, you dont know you just want an obstacle. The perception of the area isnt changing enough as it is essentially just a deeper color of black and it is still night time for both players. If it were morning for one person and night for another and they were playing at the same time next to each other then that would be immersion breaking. This is comparable to adjusting your screen monitor except its done it can be done in a more natural way that makes some lights glow a little more and look nicer.. i dont want to drink a potion or click a toy everytime I want this effect to happen, that is immersion breaking. This shouldnt even be a thing, thats the way nights used to be lol. I want to hit a check mark and never worry about it again while if you dont like it or change your mind you can go and uncheck.There is no reason to oppose this. You literally get all the functionality you have now and I can have it my way too, everyone wins
    Last edited by Coffeexbean; 2017-04-04 at 10:54 AM.

The difference is not that big and nights used to be dark like that. People already have filters, different pcs, different graphic settings, ui's , etc. You are making up excuses by saying it will be difficult to so and so, you dont know you just want an obstacle. The perception of the area isnt changing enough as it is essentially just a deeper color of black and it is still night time for both players. If it were morning for one person and night for another and they were playing at the same time next to each other then that would be immersion breaking. This is comparable to adjusting your screen monitor except its done it can be done in a more natural way that makes some lights glow a little more and look nicer.. i dont want to drink a potion or click a toy everytime I want this effect to happen, that is immersion breaking. I want to hit a check mark and never worry about it again while if you dont like it or change your mind you can go and uncheck.There is no reason to oppose this. You literally get all the functionality you have now and I can have it my way too, everyone wins
    What about those that can only play through daytime, but love dark nights and immersion?

Surely this is a much better compromise, as players can have dark nights anytime they want.

Toggle - Dark only at nights. So if you play only through daytime, you wouldn't get to see the dark nights.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    What about those that can only play through daytime, but love dark nights and immersion?

Surely this is a much better compromise, as players can have dark nights anytime they want.

you can keep the potion, theres no need to remove it. Good point by the way for the guy who said it was immersion breaking for two players to experience different settings when this is usable in the day and in general some people are using it and others are not..
    Last edited by Coffeexbean; 2017-04-04 at 10:57 AM.

What is simpler than going in your interface once and hitting a checkmark and never doing it again. You are the one whining I'm trying to make something better, you aren't.
    Obviously you did not read my post but the top sentences

Deleted
    I think it would be great experience overall to have this in game as a base feature.
    Just make toggle off option, for ppl with vision issues, or try-hards w/e.

I can imagine hanging out with friends who dont play that much (be it new players or bloody casuals when they get back).

- guys do you like that darker nights?
    - oh, you dont know about it.
    - shit, looks sweet, lets buy it.
    - oh, no DM ongoing, that sucks.

100% this will happen to my friends

I just dont understand why it is not basic?

1, its not about money, its not expansive.
    2, not even toy and its occupying space slots :/
    3, if you use it, only you can see it, kinda loosing some magic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post

Great compromise would be to have both

How is it a slap in the face to have an item you can easily buy that does the thing you want, whenever you want it (While at the same time NOT doing that for those that don't want it)?

I...I don't understand. Is it a slap in the face to be given what you want? o_O;
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Blizzard white knight spotted.

Go back to your safe space homie.

This is a shitty way of doing things.
    1. It costs above 3g per potion and it only lasts for 2 hours, haven't tested yet but I assume it disappears if you die.
    2. Instead of making it a Toy with a 30 min CD and 2 hour duration, they implement it so that you have to keep stacking up
    3. You can only buy them from the darkmoon vendor which means once a month you'll be able to get them
    4. They take up space in your bags, it's 2017, it's not classic wow.
    5. This is not a "test", you as a blizz fanboy* should know that. They don't just "test" stuff, they implement it because they think it's a good idea.

They implemented shield dps for warrior and said it was a "test" for things to come, what happened, oh they removed it. Just like with the special mistweaver spec.
    These are not tests, these are their ideas that are obviously not pleasing the consumers.

Hiding behind a shield of ignorance is cool and all, but make sure you pop out once in a while, you might learn a thing or two.
    Oh look MMO C FAGGOT SPOTTED

Go back to Tumblr and cry about blizzard that will help for sure.

Because crying like a cuck is the way to go, but I assume you are a top figure in a dev team, so really apply to Blizzard, get hired and let show them how things are done [emoji41]

Even if this is a test or not a test, dev are working for Blizzard not for you monkeys so they decide how to implement things, they wanna test it before release a toy behind a quest *that you will ofc moan over*? They fucking have the right to do.

They don't wanna test and like this rp idea of a potion? Get over it sir cuckalot

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-04 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    How is it a slap in the face to have an item you can easily buy that does the thing you want, whenever you want it (While at the same time NOT doing that for those that don't want it)?

I...I don't understand. Is it a slap in the face to be given what you want? o_O;
    imagine blizzard implementing high graphic settings but you can only gain their effects by drinking pots... thats what this feels like.