Thread: Class Challenge

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah honestly I think outlaw just underperforms for the fight, I don't know any outlaws that have done it (and most extremely well geared rogues are running sin anyway) so prob gonna wait till ToS/7.2.5, oh well.

for anyone still having trouble with sin, best advice I can give is get Sigryn down to 60% then put your feet up (keep her blind 100%), save kings / vandetta for the caster and just kill the adds first. this isnt needed but it always helpful https://wago.io/Vy0M5E33z weakaura for the abilities dbm style.

Deleted
    You will need Shoulders and Cloak for the Subtlety one, plus either Valeera or Prydaz. Dont waste your time if you dont have these 3 legendaries.

It is divided in two phases, dropping combat between them (you can swap gear/talents). First phase is about survival and Shadow Dance charge management, while the second one is pure burn, both Single Target and AoE.

I havent finished it yet but consistently arrive to Xulhorac phase, need to some equipment switching sets for the interphase.

Overall, I had a lot of fun in my 15~ tries and I wish Blizzard would give me more solo challenges to tackle.

Whyare you listing three legendarys when you can only wear two? How many shards does one try cost?

He's listing 3 because he said between phases it drops combat and you can switch gear.

As for outlaw, I haven't seen any videos of rogues completing it yet, but I think there was a 912-915 rogue who did it on twitch yesterday. I didn't see him complete it but saw a wipe with less than 1% and I think he killed it a few attempts later but I was away from the computer at the time and when I came back he was porting out.

Fucking ridiculous RNG on these things. Sometimes all the mechanics are up at once. Absolute bollocks.

That was me. Sorry you missed the kill! Don't know any other Outlaws who have done it yet, but there are definitely many who can.

I can't put links here yet (new account) but the video is in my Highlights (Zzat1977 on twitch) and there is a guide on the official Rogue forum. Outlaw, unfortunately, has the added requirement of "get good rolls" next to acing everything else - definitely an uphill battle on this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    You will need Shoulders and Cloak for the Subtlety one, plus either Valeera or Prydaz. Dont waste your time if you dont have these 3 legendaries.

It is divided in two phases, dropping combat between them (you can swap gear/talents). First phase is about survival and Shadow Dance charge management, while the second one is pure burn, both Single Target and AoE.

I havent finished it yet but consistently arrive to Xulhorac phase, need to some equipment switching sets for the interphase.

Overall, I had a lot of fun in my 15~ tries and I wish Blizzard would give me more solo challenges to tackle.
    I got to "Xulhorac" phase couple times with Prydaz and Boots (don't have shoulders, cloak or pants). First phase is doable without any of those four but they definaly help a lot. But what you actually should do in second phase? Didn't survive very long, should you move "Xulhorac" off the growing corrupted area on the the ground?

Outlaw one is definately doable, haven't tested it yet myself because I hate the spec but my guildie completed it last night with 907 gear with ~20 tries.

Deleted
    Suuuper easy assasin, Prydaz, Will healing pantys, leaching poison, had 135k HPS, think I never dropped below 90% hp

Deleted
    I think assassination one might be bugging, it doesn't feel right that most of the abilities don't happen after the beginning. And it's so easy compared to two other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzat View Post
    That was me. Sorry you missed the kill! Don't know any other Outlaws who have done it yet, but there are definitely many who can.

I can't put links here yet (new account) but the video is in my Highlights (Zzat1977 on twitch) and there is a guide on the official Rogue forum. Outlaw, unfortunately, has the added requirement of "get good rolls" next to acing everything else - definitely an uphill battle on this one.
    Ahhh thanks for chiming in Zzat, I wasn't entirely sure of your name so I didn't want to just say some random name. I'm glad you did manage to get the kill though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarush View Post
    I think assassination one might be bugging, it doesn't feel right that most of the abilities don't happen after the beginning. And it's so easy compared to two other ones.
    What do you mean by beginning? I think it's bugged because there's no pattern to the abilities. Sometimes i get runes every 20 seconds, other times i get three consecutively. I pretty much run over them and then have to do it again, and again. In the mean time the guy has enraged so i can't run from him.

Deleted
    The leg belt is not bad for the outlaw challenge (100% leech on target above 90%). Sadly I run out of shard, but the first phase look very doable
    Last edited by mmoceb56e723aa; 2017-04-04 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    What do you mean by beginning? I think it's bugged because there's no pattern to the abilities. Sometimes i get runes every 20 seconds, other times i get three consecutively. I pretty much run over them and then have to do it again, and again. In the mean time the guy has enraged so i can't run from him.
    im pretty sure that the pattern is fixed, first time 2 rune, second time 2 or 3 rune (i forget xD) then 3 quickly runes
    the empowered abilities are the same every single time, they even interacting with runes the same every time (in fact the last set of runes is where you have all mechanics together)
    the only "random" things are the window in the valkyries and the spawn zone for runes that is meaningless if you allocate the fel pool in the border

I got to "Xulhorac" phase couple times with Prydaz and Boots (don't have shoulders, cloak or pants). First phase is doable without any of those four but they definaly help a lot. But what you actually should do in second phase? Didn't survive very long, should you move "Xulhorac" off the growing corrupted area on the the ground?

Outlaw one is definately doable, haven't tested it yet myself because I hate the spec but my guildie completed it last night with 907 gear with ~20 tries.
    How did you handle the Frost thing? I first tried Shadowstrike but found that it would often teleport me and kill me (Ambush can't come soon enough). Been trying FoK Evis which seems less scary.

Deleted
    Yes, first phase (Archmage) is all about survival and Shadow Dance charges management. I use Shoulder+Prydaz for this phase, but any other DPS legendary is good. For Xulhorac phase you want to change your survival legendaries with Shoulders+Cloak, for the adds.

Go to the end of the platform when the interphase ends, so you have more space. Then move it a bit far away, like 20 yards. When Xulhorac begins to cast Seed of Darkness (Or something like that), you need to RUN to the other end of the platform as fast as you can. After 5 seconds Void adds will pop out of you and run towards Xul, if they reach them he will get healed by 20% (since this is a DPS race, you will run out of space if the boss get healed).

In order to burn the adds, Shoulders+Cloak Vanish + Shuriken, plus some Nightblade on them is enough (or not, depending on your ilvl). Save prepot and drums after the adds die to finish the boss, you should not reach the second add wave. Right now, without those two legendaries, you will lose a lot of time to burn down the adds and probably the boss will get healed and reaching enrage (AKA, platform fill with Puddle).
    @Faildevil You can swap gear between the two stages of the fight. One Survival Legendary is good for the 1st part while you need Shoulders+Cloak for the 2nd.

Done mine as a sub rogue as well, took me around 30 tries. ilvl 906 with cloak and bracers legendary (only got the trinket as third and no more)
    Cloak is pretty much mandatory for this encounter, as its nice for the frost phase to get out of the ring and for the 3 adds during the last phase as well. Maybe the trinket can be some kind of substitude, but the cloak makes it a lot easier.
    The darkness phase and the last dmg phase are pretty much the only real threat you have to get by.

the pattern is most definitely not fixed. It may have the first few fixed, but later on it seems very random. I got 3 shields back to back with maybe 2 seconds between me interrupting the cast and him getting another shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by honung View Post
    How did you handle the Frost thing? I first tried Shadowstrike but found that it would often teleport me and kill me (Ambush can't come soon enough). Been trying FoK Evis which seems less scary.
    I just made sure I saved at least one charge of Shadow Dance for that and pooled energy, then Shadow Dance + Shuriken Storm spam and frost shards should be down (mostly at least) by the end of Shadow Dance. I'm ilvl 907 btw.

I think I agree with you. Jarl only enraged once (maybe twice) and did the axe spin once. After 40-50% all I had to do was dodge the wall and break the bubble. Also, it felt like around 60-70% I was getting all their abilities at once. If you can push through that, you can walk it in.
    Last edited by Nocuous; 2017-04-04 at 04:03 PM.