Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Next time its up in NA i plan on giving this an actual real shot since I have a bit more gear now.

    I got real luckly from last weeks heroic cache and got a 925 convergence of fates i realize you need to save the BC for OF, however I am curious others opinion... do you think a 925 of these would be a better stat stick than say.. the scorpyron trinket that AOE's? Have a 905 one of those.

    I will have to investigate timing more but i believe you can probably get 2 BC's in before the first set of imps.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Next time its up in NA i plan on giving this an actual real shot since I have a bit more gear now.

    I got real luckly from last weeks heroic cache and got a 925 convergence of fates i realize you need to save the BC for OF, however I am curious others opinion... do you think a 925 of these would be a better stat stick than say.. the scorpyron trinket that AOE's? Have a 905 one of those.

    I will have to investigate timing more but i believe you can probably get 2 BC's in before the first set of imps.
    I used an 875 convergence and the Gronntooth War Horn when i completed it. It can definitely be used, but you have to pay attention to add spawn timings, etc.

  3. #183
    The effect of CoS won't help you in this scenario because of the timing of the imp spawns... unless you get an unprecedented amount of CoS procs, multiple times.

    You're better off using a stat stick or some AoE trinket since the effect of CoS is not useful.
    Radiate Positivity

    Drtydeeds

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    The effect of CoS won't help you in this scenario because of the timing of the imp spawns... unless you get an unprecedented amount of CoS procs, multiple times.

    You're better off using a stat stick or some AoE trinket since the effect of CoS is not useful.
    I understand the effect wont do much but a 925 trinket has a lot of STR like 600 more than a 905 that does some AOE.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I understand the effect wont do much but a 925 trinket has a lot of STR like 600 more than a 905 that does some AOE.
    Well sure, obviously logic should be used here too... but the advice that's being given is that you need to be using CoS for it's effect, which is not helpful in the scenario.

    Personally I ended up using an Ethereal Urn (880) because the mastery directly affected the burst window and that's really where you want to maximize damage. Mastery will do a better job in that window than strength will.
    Last edited by Drtydeeds; 2017-05-18 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
    Radiate Positivity

    Drtydeeds

  6. #186
    My advise is stop worrying too much about the details of which trinket this or that and just get on with it. You will figure out what you feel works best pretty quickly, if you're geared enough to breeze through it then it doesn't matter, if you're not you will have plenty of wipes to figure everything out.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    My advise is stop worrying too much about the details of which trinket this or that and just get on with it. You will figure out what you feel works best pretty quickly, if you're geared enough to breeze through it then it doesn't matter, if you're not you will have plenty of wipes to figure everything out.
    This.

    It's actually very easy (IMO) if you have a plan that you can execute (ha!) a few times to deal with the various imps. Short of that it's dodging boulders and interrupting a spell.
    Radiate Positivity

    Drtydeeds

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    This.

    It's actually very easy (IMO) if you have a plan that you can execute (ha!) a few times to deal with the various imps. Short of that it's dodging boulders and interrupting a spell.
    and praying to odyn that she won't block your pummel (twice in a row).
    Last edited by Mildren; 2017-05-22 at 09:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •