Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Lets talk Fury's mage tower scenario, Agatha

So after about 10 attempts, here's what I've got.

Add priority is Fuming > Servant > Umbral > Smoldering, UNLESS she is about to pop her shield. Then Umbral is top priority.

Smoldering Imp: as far as I can tell, it just is a slow ramp fireball / melee damaging mob. The cast increases in damage like 10% or so every cast.

Umbral Imp: Same thing as Smoldering, except they occasionally teleport around the boss. IF THESE ARE ALIVE WHEN AGATHA'S SHIELD IS UP, SHE IS COMPLETELY IMMUNE AND HER SHIELD TAKES NO DAMAGE UNTIL UMBRAL IMP IS KILLED

Imp Servant: Deal next to no damage, only channels a slowly permanent damage increase buff to Agatha. It's honestly fairly slow and can be interrupted.

Fuming Imp: These guys jihad the fuck out of you. They'll run at you and then when beside you, literally suicide bomb themselves (dealing about 500k instant damage) and leaving a permanent void zone.

Agatha herself just occasionally shoots out shadow crashes as well as a shadow bolt or something similar. Crashes are avoidable. Her shield can be bursted down really quick if you have the burst but the problem is managing the ability to take that shield down while at the same time having the dps to kill the priority adds.

Agatha also seems to have some sort of heal, I'm not sure if it's tied to the shield or what but she healed a total of 10% her max HP during my encounter. I haven't killed her because I just don't have the sheer amount of DPS needed (at 909 ilvl)

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Is there any sort of enrage timer? could it be done in prot spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Kajzzer View Post
    Is there any sort of enrage timer? could it be done in prot spec?
    They are spec dependent, so prot will have something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

If you step between the Servants, target agatha, and use your fear... they will run away and never cast again (can't target one directly). It's a way of not having to kill servants every other wave.

Phase 2 is fun. In that its exactly like phase one except she summons the stun boulders from Blackrook hold to help hold you down while she keep summoning her adds.

Currently she is healing for about 50% of the dmg I am dealing, it looks like it has something to do with the Imp Servants, and she herself randomly did a 20m heal, which i assume was her going up to the back of the room.

Sustaining 836k dps over the course of 5 minutes and 20 seconds I had her in the second phase for about 30s before I ate a boulder and was stunned to cast to death by the adds.

268.64M dmg done

119.97m to agatha
    the rest to all her adds

current build: War Machine, Shockwave, Avatar, Bounding stride, frothing berserker, Inner Rage, Reckless abandon

Legendary Items : tried using my dps leges but i didnt heal for enough in between add phases, ended up using Prydaz and Mannoroths for the longest sustain. Considering using Sephuz's and dropping Mannoroths but the stats would really hurt and the added verse seems to help quite a bit atm.

Out of 4 attempts, I used double Old war on the attempt to push her as far as I could and was rewarded with phase 2. Current ilvl 905, 15% crit, 31% haste, 42% Mastery, 8% Versatility.

Dmg taken: 32M , Healing done: 13.5M Prydaz, 6.55M Bloodthirst Heal, 6.17M Revitilizing Rage (wrists), 519k Potion.

I found myself holding BC and Odyns for when Adds were in larger numbers, and just cleaving the channel ones down passively. More Sustained/Burst AoE seems to be needed in order to really give you the time to focus on her. Killing the Fuming adds leaves alot more room around but when it was just them, I would leap out and let it burst itself somewhere I didnt care and get back to cleaving / dpsing.

41 traits with 1 in Unrivaled Strength. 4 in Pulse of Battle. I suspect the extra points in Death and Glory will help with bursting down the umbral's and wont be making any more attempts until I have that to test next.

Stupidly enough I did not buy drums to use during this and will next time.

Interesting challenge, GL to everyone.
    Last edited by Sanat; 2017-04-03 at 02:42 PM.

Encounter difficulty is quite high. She has 124M HP. I've got her to 30-40% range then get overwhelmed. I have only done 4 attempts though. I think with 10+ attempts I should be able to figure it out. I never found this type of content interesting but there literally is nothing else to do in game right now so I might as well grind this out lol.

Also getting overwhelmed. I beginning to think that at this ilvl I'll need the belt to finish this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
    Out of 4 attempts, I used double Old war on the attempt to push her as far as I could and was rewarded with phase 2. Current ilvl 905, 15% crit, 31% haste, 42% Mastery, 8% Versatility.

Dmg taken: 32M , Healing done: 13.5M Prydaz, 6.55M Bloodthirst Heal, 6.17M Revitilizing Rage (wrists), 519k Potion.
    Haven't tried it yet but would you reckon you can pot/burst from start to get her to 50% asap? Don't have prydaz/bracers or any aoe trinkets other than a low-ish terrorbound, wondering if CoF/DoS is any use if she can't be bursted down since i won't have any leg healing. Maybe stacking mastery with high uptime on war machine could help.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2017-04-04 at 06:41 AM.

Yeah, like I said in discord, i managed to push her from 100% to 50% in about 90s with DoS and CoF while focusing with drums and pot so i could follow it up with the second DoS in phase 2 right way, then the last one to push her to execute, mostly zerged her out of phase one. It allowed me to kite the imps in between to keep her health lower and keeping the room clean until it came back up and I could use it to push her into execute range and finish the encounter.

Has anyone killed her without ww belt?

909 i level and you say your dps is not enough? This is scaring the shit out of me, 909 is like mythic NH graduate level.

907 ilvl, fight was 8-ish mins. Legos - helm + cloack (have no belt and bracers). to compensate healing from bracers i took "double time" + "furious charge" (it is a VERY good healing, saved my ass too many times). to compensate belt i took "wreckling ball". (im not talking about "war machine" + "Spiced Wildfowl Omelet" - this 2 things are musthave)

the strat was simple: 1) used battle cry + odins fury ONLY on large pack of imps, coz healing is good enough, but u cant afford this damaging adds live too long. 2) the fight is long and no need to try to make it shorter - switch in EVRY add, especially healing ones. 3) use interrupts wisely, u must have one for the boss after shield. 4) in my case - i used draught of souls only 2 times - on first burst, and on 2nd phase, when she had shield and i hadnt got war machine buff, but i used it without any burst (rule 1), trinket is enough to destroy the shield. number of trinkets uses depends on ur luck with boulders and aoe shit on floor, i was not lucky to use it free. 5) TAG little imps-shahids, u dont have to kill them, if u can position them right, but u need war machine buff from them badly (its funny but there little windows where there are not enough imps^^), so tag them before they explode and ull get it.

my dps at the end of fight was 890k.

good luck all.

Has anyone else had huge problems with Agatha blocking your pummels? I've made sure several times that her shield is down before I interrupt her channel. But For some reason she keeps blocking my interrupts. It's wiped me about 15 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenteca View Post
    Has anyone else had huge problems with Agatha blocking your pummels? I've made sure several times that her shield is down before I interrupt her channel. But For some reason she keeps blocking my interrupts. It's wiped me about 15 times now.
    Had this same issue, found that the umbral imps actually block the interrupts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ozm0tik View Post
    Had this same issue, found that the umbral imps actually block the interrupts as well.
    well while they are up she is immune so, it's obvious you must kill them to remove immune and then interrupt.

Did it today after a few tries. Went with COF and Draught and just nuked the shit out of everything. The encounter took 6 mins and i did around 950k DPS. It was quite interesting, clever use of piercing howl, shockwave and fear really helps you out here. I did not have the new Odyns fury gold trait that would probably have helped quite a bit. I used healing wrists and WW belt, the wrists really helped.

Also blocked pummels are a bitch, you can't avoid it either since she always faces you so you can't run behind her.
    Last edited by Atherions; 2017-04-04 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    I am 892 warrior without CoS, with boots and belt, I tried 30 time, I have not enought DPS to kill imps and boss, am I an idiot ?

Deleted
    Fuck that's what it is. Retarded mechanic is retarded. Couldn't figure out how I died, I was around 20ish %, fight figured out, goind smoothly (bracers + prydaz, because why not), and out of nowhere I can't kick her... well, guess I'll kill her later.

Quote Originally Posted by Leomance View Post
    I am 892 warrior without CoS, with boots and belt, I tried 30 time, I have not enought DPS to kill imps and boss, am I an idiot ?
    Honestly at 890 ilvl you would have to have a flawless attempt in order to complete this and pull serious dps. Mechanics would have to be perfect. at 902 equipped best I have got it to is 20%ish and I just get overwhelmed (I've done 6-7 attempts). This for me is also without drums. I think once I have mastered the encounter I'll use drums and that should hopefully gaurentee me the win. I'm not overly concerned If i beat it now or in a week. It's gonna be around for a long time to beat and it's only a transmog skin.

If you are having difficulties at 890 I'd honestly just wait until you are 900+ with TOS gear. It's not worth the headache smashing your face against it at 890.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leomance View Post
    Be sure to keep your BC and OF for when you have a large pack of imps, that's the only thing you need to kill fast. Then hard switch on the servants, only WW into rampage so you hit the boss a bit as well while you're on the servants. Her health will wither away slowly, I reliably get her to <30% before fucking something up at 899 equipped.