The God-Queen's Fury

Any tip? so far it is absolutely infuriating to do as arcane mage. Just way too much constant kiting and lack of self regen

I killed it, 909 equipped with no prydaz or belovirs. Will upload video and guide in an hour or so.

Tip: Not a DPS race, focus macros.

Edit: Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14
    Don't know how other players did it, but here's the gist of how I killed this, I was 909 equipped. Even bad players like me can get their challenge appearance as arcane mage!

Talents: Amplification, Mana Shield, Incanters' Flow, Resonance, Chrono Shift, Erosion, Overpowered

Mana shield lets you spam your barrier and avoid being whittled down by attrition. Chrono Shift lets you get sprints when you need it. Resonance is just for cleaving damage. I swapped to Gravity Spiral to give me more evocates for mana shield, cord of infinity for burst on the runeseer.

This is NOT a dps race, except during the soft enrage at the end when the Runeseer spams his shield. You can freely use greater invisibility to reduce damage it won't reset the encounter. I used time warp at the start but in retrospect it's probably better to use it during the soft enrage.

You get a special debuff in this encounter giving Polymorph a 20 second cooldown, but it no longer heals its target. Only Sigryn is vulnerable to polymorph, the others are immune.

Three things will happen in this encounter at all times.
    1:Every so often a Val'kyr will come down and drop a yellow health globe to heal you if you run over it. Only lasts a few seconds.
    2: A wall of Val'kyrs will charge through the arena, there's a clear gap, hits for about 3 million. This can happen during other abilities and it sucks.
    3: Runes will spawn in the middle. Some will be smaller than others, they shrink over time and do 3 million damage if they shrink to nothing. This is a great time to use chrono shift and arcane barrage for a sprint. You can also use displacement to get extra blinks to get these.

The three bosses take shared damage, but the Jarl will die first due to his lower health pool. The bosses will become empowered one at a time and do an emote yell indicating they're empowered. The empowered boss will use something deadly you need to pay attention to.

Sigryn: She'll cast Blood of Her Father. This lasts 20 seconds and does 700k a second to you. You need to counter this by polymorphing Sigryn. You can't spam polymorph when it comes up or she'll go on DRs and go immune. Save polymorph for this. I suggest using a /cast [@focus] Polymorph macro and making Sigryn your focus. She also puts green shit on the ground when not empowered.

Jarl Velbrand: Either goes berserk increasing melee damage done by 500% or something stupid, or does a whirlwind that pulls you in and makes you dead if you go too close. Countered by kiting or running. Suggest making a /tar Jarl /cast Slow macro for him. Also throws annoying axes around when not empowered.

Runeseer Faljar: Gives himself a damage shield for ~6 million damage and does a 20 second cast that kills you at the end unless you break the shield and interrupt. Advise having frost nova up to give yourself room to dps him during it. You can't really save cooldowns though since he'll cast it more often than your arcane power and mark of aluneth cooldowns come up. Also he spams a meaningless nuke on you easily absorbed by prismatic barrier with mana shield.

Basic strategy: On the pull you can safely polymorph Sigryn and do your opener. After this you're just dealing with the abilities as they come and focusing on not taking damage.

This is not a dps race. You'll get all the damage you need from occasional arcane blasts and missiles when you have distance, and arcane explosion and barrage while kiting.

Keep slow or chrono shift up on Sigryn and Jarl when they're chasing you and remember displacement and frost nova to keep distance as needed. When runes come up make sure to barrage to get a sprint to grab them all.

When the council gets low on health Sigryn will emote about empowering all her advisors, which actually means a soft enrage in which Val'kyr healy bubbles will not spawn and Runeseer Faljar will spam his shield over and over again, which is a challenge to dps down repeatedly. Try to save frost nova to create distance to cast, and space your cooldowns out to deal with it. Val'kyrs will come during it and it will suck. You can polymorph Sigryn freely now, but she'll go immune eventually. If you aren't going to get a shield down, ice block can save you once.

Final tip: Leaving the circle resets the encounter, but the bosses won't respawn and you'll need to exit and re-enter to try again.

When Sigryn hits 19% you win.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-04-04 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I killed it, 909 equipped. Will upload video and guide in an hour or so.

Tip: Not a DPS race, focus macros.

Edit: Here you go
    Hm...now I'm even more irritated after seeing that video. Pretty much all the classes get a CC buff so it lasts longer, quicker cast etc. (Rogues, Enh, Mages) Ret Paladin's don't have anything baseline and the one talent we had I had issues with it going immune or breaking super early and being on CD. I thought maybe the golden orbs were our "perk" but apparently every class gets them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice Guide!

got to 20% multiple times, just simply don't have the dps to break the barrier spam near the end. 893 equipped w/ 30% crit. I might be able to do it if I have a prydaz

I hate challenges with these kind of soft-enrage dps check.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2017-04-04 at 12:40 AM.

Just want to add to Nitros post and also proposing an even more defensive approach since it has nothing to about damage. I went Belo'vir's Final Stand and Prydaz which sums up at 2.5M shield together with prismatic barrier which trivializes all melee hits and shadowbolts etc and also allows slow reactions on bladestorm. For talents I went Amp - Shimmer (For belovir triggers) - RoP - CU - CS - Ero - OP at 916.4 ilvl.

Tips:
    You dont have to be afraid about using GI it wont reset the encounter since they can see stealth which adds even more survivability.
    Save BL to the end for the soft enrage
    WA to track absorbs: https://pastebin.com/aUFzE5v7

Useful macros:
    Always target the runemaster and then just press your macros when needed.
    #showtooltip
    /target Sigryn
    /cast Polymorph
    /targetlasttarget

#showtooltip
    /target Jarl
    /cast Slow
    /targetlasttarget
    Last edited by antr; 2017-04-04 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks for the tips guys, I did it at ilvl 901 with the same talent set up as Nitros and did it after 30+ tries or so. Holy fuck that was so difficult though.

I also saved TW for the soft enrage, but I also made sure to save Poly for the later stages as well so I could just tunnel the Runemaster without risk of dying/interruptions etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    How long till she enrages?

Deleted
    My comment below the youtube video. Hope it helps:

I tried Mana Shield at first, but switched to Shimmer after ~10 tries. You obviously lose survivability, but you get a second blink which will most likely safe your life a couple times. Also the heal orbs in phase 1 are more than enough to heal you if you don't screw up on mechanics. Phase 2 is a little bit trickier without permanent Mana Shield (I finished with ~10% life), but it felt a lot smoother to play with shimmer. Good luck! (legendaries: Kil'jaeden + Sephuz; ilvl: 897)
    How long till she enrages?
    She doesn't. The only thing that comes close to an enrage is the rune add chain-casting his shield (which you have to burst down to interrupt) in phase 2.

ps: If you have belovir and/or prydaz this scenario is most likely auto-win for you.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2017-04-04 at 04:14 PM.

I used a slightly different approach - while I had the opportunity to use prydaz and belo'vir and that makes it easier generally I presume. You can substitute both for stronger leech gear.
    I decided to take advantage of arcane explosion and some leech and versatility gear I had saved up and tanked the three together as often as possible. That way you do more dps and the dps keeps you up via leech healing. You still cannot have Jarl melee you while Berserker's Rage is up.
    While Sigryn is cc'd for her Blood of the Father ability you have to be mindful where you stand when you use AE and have to be careful to not break the cc with barrage or a touch of the magi proc. I wouldn't use trinkets that proc splash damage for this reason.
    The shield just melts as you cleave and needs no special attention - apart from the interrupt. While they are enraged in the last phase you ice block as the Ancestral Knowledge cast is about to end.
    The advantage of this strat is that it cuts down on the fight time alot, thus you only have to play mechanics a few times each. In the end it took 5:45. I used TW on pull.

Amp - Slipstream - Incanter's Flow - Resonance - Chrono Shift - Erosion - Overpowered; 6000 vers, 1100 leech, 400 avoid. 904 equipped in this gear set.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-04-05 at 04:41 AM.

Deleted
    Here is video how I did it. It took me 7 minutes to kill the boss.

https://youtu.be/xhM68Gn9KbA