Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lord Monckton claims Global Warming is exaggerated.

Watch this presentation and you might realise that global warming is exaggerated.

Last edited by mmoc8e56c1775e; 2017-04-03 at 12:29 PM.

Oh, is that dumbass still peddling his bullshit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I still believe that Global warming is a real thing - but I don't think it's as bad as so many makes it out to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Oh, is that dumbass still peddling his bullshit?
    Why do you think it is bullshit? What is your counter argument?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/Monckton_Myths_arg.htm

Many would disagree with him, and already have.
    None of those arguments address what he is saying in this presentation (as it is fairly recent stuff).

I thought most deniers had jumped to the "climate change is real but we've had no/little effect on it".

He needs to get with the times.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Eraxx View Post
    None of those arguments address what he is saying in this presentation (as it is fairly recent stuff).
    You read all those papers already? Sure you did.

Oh look, it's a brand new account, posting ridiculous bullshit... I'm shocked.

Lord Monckton proves Global Warming isn't real.
    Watch this presentation and you might realise that global warming is exaggerated.
    So is it not real, or exaggerated? Because those are two different things.

Deleted
    You read all those papers already? Sure you did.

Oh look, it's a brand new account, posting ridiculous bullshit... I'm shocked.
    I don't need to read all those papers because I can see by looking at the table here

that there are no arguments (most are 5-10 years old) that address what he is saying in this presentation

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's not feminism, college idiots promoting ridiculous ideas or the regressive left, it's global warming as the baitiest of baits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    So is it not real, or exaggerated? Because those are two different things.
    He is saying that the IPCC overestimate climate sensitivity, which leads to overestimated (and incorrect) temperature projections. This is exaggerated. It may also mean global warming is not real, but this is not known for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Global warming is the religion of the feel good SJW nothing but managed data to make them feel good about their agenda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    If it's not feminism, college idiots promoting ridiculous ideas or the regressive left, it's global warming as the baitiest of baits.
    Do you have any argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Eh, I still believe that Global warming is a real thing - but I don't think it's as bad as so many makes it out to be.
    It's a rather curious position i may say. why accept only part of the conclusion? If scientists are right on part A, what argument do you have for them to be wrong on part B. Not saying everything should be accepted at face value, but it certainly owed to be examined seriously, especially if part of their claims revealed to be true.

I am no climatologist, i merely am a chemist, i will never pretend to understand the climate science, i could if i take the time, but i CBA. What i know is the scientific methodology of theory and experimentation for one, and the system of peer reviewed scientific publication.

If climate change was in fact a hoax, it would have thoroughly be debunked and refuted by the scientific community, the fact that so many experts agrees is actually is frightening, either the thing is real or the humanity have the climate science completely wrong.

In all honesty, i feel vaguely concerned and i am in favor of endeavor aimed to understand and reduce global warming, but not at the drastic level. I will not be an activist regarding climate change but i can spare a few bucks here and there in favor to climate research.

The effect of climate change will probably not affect the planet while i am living. It's more like what earth will we give to the future generation.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2017-04-03 at 11:39 AM.

He is saying that the IPCC overestimate climate sensitivity, which leads to overestimated (and incorrect) temperature projections. This is exaggerated. It may also mean global warming is not real, but this is not known for sure.
    Except you claim both in your title and first comment, and they contradict each other. You need to pick one for your narrative.

Also, its pretty well established that climate change is a naturally occurring event, and also why you'll hardly find any reputable climate scientists who still use the phrase 'global warming' as its inaccurate, or at best one small part of a continuously evolving cycle.

I don't need to read all those papers because I can see by looking at the table here

that there are no arguments (most are 5-10 years old) that address what he is saying in this presentation
    Your bullshit started when you stated that he proved anything. Sorry, try again. Even if someone does exaggerate numbers, which we already knew happened, that does not mean that he proved jack shit. Your claim in the title is bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Except you claim both in your title and first comment, and they contradict each other. You need to pick one for your narrative.

Also, its pretty well established that climate change is a naturally occurring event, and also why you'll hardly find any reputable climate scientists who still use the phrase 'global warming' as its inaccurate, or at best one small part of a continuously evolving cycle.
    Do you have any argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation, rather than nit picking over semantics (which, if the Lord is correct, become irrelevant)?

- - - Updated - - -

Your bullshit started when you stated that he proved anything. Sorry, try again. Even if someone does exaggerate numbers, which we already knew happened, that does not mean that he proved jack shit. Your claim in the title is bullshit.
    Never mind my title (I have corrected my mistake).

What is your argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation? Are you going to engage with the actual content or nit pick over semantics?

Do you have any argument to counter what the Lord is saying in his presentation, rather than nit picking over semantics (which, if the Lord is correct, become irrelevant)?
    Why would people even try to engage with you on an intellectual level, when you already stated that he proved it isn't real? Your mind is clearly made up, so any contradictory evidence that has been in existence and readily available for years has already been ignored and dismissed by you. Your title alone displays that you are not looking for any actual discourse, and that you are nothing more than a zealot with confirmation bias. No thanks.

When you post bait threads, and get called out on your bullshit, don't whine when people point it out to you. You tried to push a narrative, and got called out on it. Sorry, maybe you can make another account, and use that one.

We already know that some models and data was exaggerated, that isn't news at all. That does not prove that global warming isn't real. Your title was bullshit clickbait, and you fucking know it.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-04-03 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Global warming is the religion of the feel good SJW nothing but managed data to make them feel good about their agenda.
    Yes, like gravity or evolution.