Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any had luck targeting the Fire bracers?

See title, has anyone had any luck using the token system (either dauntless or relinquished) in targeting the fire mage bracers?

If so, was it a dauntless or relinquished?
    How many tokens did you use up getting it?
    How many shards have you farmed?

Trying to determine if I should wait until Im roughly due a leg from bad luck prot accumulation and then go an epic shardfarm or what.

I have been trying, so far have done 4 relinquished and nada. I don't think dauntless can proc a legendary. Pretty sure the text for relinquished states it has a small chance to proc a legendary.

What would be great to know is if using relinquished bracer is on it's own counter or if indeed it is tied to that spec's legendary production.

Otherwise how the fuck is this in anyway a means to farm a specific slot?

People are doing other stuff like Mythic+, Emissaries, Raids, etc. that can proc a legendary. Makes me think relinquished is on it's own timer, if not then it is pointless to try.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I have been trying, so far have done 4 relinquished and nada. I don't think dauntless can proc a legendary. Pretty sure the text for relinquished states it has a small chance to proc a legendary.

What would be great to know is if using relinquished bracer is on it's own counter or if indeed it is tied to that spec's legendary production.

Otherwise how the fuck is this in anyway a means to farm a specific slot?

People are doing other stuff like Mythic+, Emissaries, Raids, etc. that can proc a legendary. Makes me think relinquished is on it's own timer, if not then it is pointless to try.
    thanks for commenting either way on your success.

Yes the Dauntless tokens do have a chance to proc legendary, I have seen it. And there are numerous posts on the WOW forums confirming.

The text about Relinquished tokens have a small chance to proc legendary was actually taken out of the live rel. version because as they stated it is assumed as many other ways to get a legendary.

No one has the meta type aggregate data yet, but there is a some early speculation that the chance of legendary proc from the dauntless although clearly at a lower rate than relinquished makes buying dauntless>>relinquished a better deal because the reduced proc is not even close to 1/12 (given for each relinquished you can buy ~12 dauntless) likely due to a faster relative accumulation of bad luck protection.

I have some anecdotal evidence that the tokens/bags are using the same bad luck protection other modes of leg. farming is using indicating when you are roughly due for one, there is some weak data to suggest that is when you binge on token buying for the wrist slot (or whatever you need).

ive farmed almost 20 relinquished so far and no luck. my last legendary was 1-2weeks ago if that matters.

Deleted
    got the frostbracers in my first purple token. just saved 26 daylie chests before.
    so i opened all 26 daylie chests and then my wrist-token. viola!

the target system is confirmed an works.

Quote Originally Posted by aggrokalle View Post
    got the frostbracers in my first purple token. just saved 26 daylie chests before.

Oh snap. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aggrokalle View Post

Daunt or rel?

Edit: just now saw you mentioned purple token
    Last edited by texhex; 2017-04-05 at 02:34 PM.

5th Relinquished last night, no luck...

Dauntless procc'ing legs... much better for me because those represent chaos shards, 12 vs. 1

Also if the token has it's own bad luck protection, is that specific to a slot or to all tokens. Certainly have been getting dauntless tokens that are not at my targeted bracer slot while do Sentinax/rares.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    5th Relinquished last night, no luck...

Dauntless procc'ing legs... much better for me because those represent chaos shards, 12 vs. 1

Also if the token has it's own bad luck protection, is that specific to a slot or to all tokens. Certainly have been getting dauntless tokens that are not at my targeted bracer slot while do Sentinax/rares.
    Dauntless do have a chance, assumed to be much less, than relinq to proc a legendary. Of course the assumption is the chance is 1/12 but if the churn for BLP is similar between tokens, you will get a leg far quicker from a huge number of dauntless turn ins than a smaller number of relinq turn ins.

No one has the answer to this ? right now, but it is critical for maximal time efficiency here.

As a fire mage I have 4 legendaries and have been using Bolivirs Chest and the timewarp ring. No helm or bracers yet. I've always set my loot spec for fire even though I've switched to frost. Should I keep grinding to try and get fire bracers? If I switch loot specs to frost would I be messing up my future chances to get fire bracers if I get a frost legendary and switch back to fire later?

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurlksm View Post
    As a fire mage I have 4 legendaries and have been using Bolivirs Chest and the timewarp ring. No helm or bracers yet. I've always set my loot spec for fire even though I've switched to frost. Should I keep grinding to try and get fire bracers? If I switch loot specs to frost would I be messing up my future chances to get fire bracers if I get a frost legendary and switch back to fire later?
    As of now, until datamining reveals otherwise just pounding away at leg's is a bad idea.

I would do the following: stack emissary chests, legion supplies and purple tokens. attempt to the best of your ability based on your play activity how much you have don from legendary 3-->4 and what now is the time span between when 5 should roughly hit. Before you get the time for no 5, pop the emissary chests, legion supplies and intersperse in the purple tokens for bracer slot (if that is what you want) in one go. Doesnt eliminate the RNG but brings into a more controlled burn situation.

Not really. Is is just the perception of control. More scientific way would be farm as much shards as you can, in the meantime stack KP by doing content, then when you feel enougth time have passed, open a lot of tokens. No point stacking caches, because theay are random. If you want to target, do target. First stack bad luck protection, then throw rolls.

Been trying this on my fresh DH with zero legendaries. 0/3 for ring despite fresh 110 BLP buff.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    Been trying this on my fresh DH with zero legendaries. 0/3 for ring despite fresh 110 BLP buff.
    The droprate is not that high. Try opening another 5.

Some of my friends have been farming nethershards and plan to open 30-40 of the 5k tokens soon

Significantly better to buy Relinq than dauntless. Buying 12 dauntless, has a lower chance to get you a legendary than a relinquished piece. Because relinq is brokenly high atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 legendaries, fire wrists and belt....and i have the ring and kiljaedens trinket. If i switch my loot specialization to frost will i instantly get a frost legy since i dont have any yet? I still have no idea how this system works.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I have 4 legendaries, fire wrists and belt....and i have the ring and kiljaedens trinket. If i switch my loot specialization to frost will i instantly get a frost legy since i dont have any yet? I still have no idea how this system works.
    If you switch to frost you will have a chance of obtaining your next legendary as if it was your 3rd overall legendary. This is because you have the ring and trinket, which both count as cross-spec legendary, and as such it counts as your 3rd frost legendary, or arcane legendary for that matter.

i can confirm that opening blue items increases your BLP, i got my 7th legendary about a week early and the ONLY thing i did differently was that i farmed outside of TOS for about 10 hours before they nerfed it and must have opened about 60 to 80 blue tokens.

I dont know if opening blue is better the purple or not, i'm just confirming that blue does up your BLP.

Quote Originally Posted by Magictricks View Post
    i can confirm that opening blue items increases your BLP, i got my 7th legendary about a week early and the ONLY thing i did differently was that i farmed outside of TOS for about 10 hours before they nerfed it and must have opened about 60 to 80 blue tokens.

I dont know if opening blue is better the purple or not, i'm just confirming that blue does up your BLP.
    stop using the word CONFIRM. coz in ur situation it is not.

So as FYI. Got bracers from war supplies cache immediately after failing 7th time on a relinquished bracer turn. Between 5th and seventh also did 2 emissary and 8/10 H NH.

Not sure WTF that means! Could mean more relinqushed skew chance towards targeted slot from other sources or could just mean the 25% chance I had for it to be bracers rolled in my favor