Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The God-Queen's Fury

Arcane Mage
    Nitros14 shared some helpful tips for defeating the encounter.

Here's the gist of how I killed this, I was 909 equipped. Even bad players like me can get their challenge appearance as arcane mage!

Talents: Amplification, Mana Shield, Incanters' Flow, Resonance, Chrono Shift, Erosion, Overpowered

Mana Shield lets you spam your barrier and avoid being whittled down by attrition. Chrono Shift lets you get sprints when you need it. Resonance is just for cleaving damage. I swapped to Gravity Spiral to give me more evocates for mana shield, cord of infinity for burst on the runeseer.

This is NOT a dps race, except during the soft enrage at the end when the Runeseer spams his shield.

You get a special debuff in this encounter giving Polymorph a 20 second cooldown, but it no longer heals its target. Only Sigryn is vulnerable to polymorph, the others are immune.

Three things will happen in this encounter at all times.
    1:Every so often a Val'kyr will come down and drop a yellow health globe to heal you if you run over it. Only lasts a few seconds.
    2: A wall of Val'kyrs will charge through the arena, there's a clear gap, hits for about 3 million. This can happen during other abilities and it sucks.
    3: Runes will spawn in the middle. Some will be smaller than others, they shrink over time and do 3 million damage if they shrink to nothing. This is a great time to use chrono shift and arcane barrage for a sprint. You can also use displacement to get extra blinks to get these.

The three bosses take shared damage, but the Jarl will die first due to his lower health pool. The bosses will become empowered one at a time and do an emote yell indicating they're empowered. The empowered boss will use something deadly you need to pay attention to.

Sigryn: She'll cast Blood of Her Father. This lasts 20 seconds and does 700k a second to you. You need to counter this by polymorphing Sigryn. You can't spam polymorph when it comes up or she'll go on DRs and go immune. Save polymorph for this. I suggest using a /cast [@focus] Polymorph macro and making Sigryn your focus. She also puts green shit on the ground when not empowered.

Jarl Velbrand: Either goes berserk increasing melee damage done by 500% or something stupid, or does a whirlwind that pulls you in and makes you dead if you go too close. Countered by kiting or running. Suggest making a /tar Jarl /cast Slow macro for him. Also throws annoying axes around when not empowered.

Runeseer Faljar: Gives himself a damage shield for ~6 million damage and does a 20 second cast that kills you at the end unless you break the shield and interrupt. Advise having frost nova up to give yourself room to dps him during it. You can't really save cooldowns though since he'll cast it more often than your arcane power and mark of aluneth cooldowns come up. Also he spams a meaningless nuke on you easily absorbed by prismatic barrier with mana shield.

Basic strategy: On the pull you can safely polymorph Sigryn and do your opener. After this you're just dealing with the abilities as they come and focusing on not taking damage.

This is not a DPS race. You'll get all the damage you need from occasional arcane blasts and missiles when you have distance, and arcane explosion and barrage while kiting.

Keep slow or chrono shift up on Sigryn and Jarl when they're chasing you and remember displacement and frost nova to keep distance as needed. When runes come up make sure to barrage to get a sprint to grab them all.

When the council gets low on health Sigryn will emote about empowering all her advisors, which actually means a soft enrage in which Val'kyr healy bubbles will not spawn and Runeseer Faljar will spam his shield over and over again, which is a challenge to dps down repeatedly. Try to save frost nova to create distance to cast, and space your cooldowns out to deal with it. Val'kyrs will come during it and it will suck. You can polymorph Sigryn freely now, but she'll go immune eventually. If you aren't going to get a shield down, ice block can save you once.

Final tip: Leaving the circle resets the encounter, but the bosses won't respawn and you'll need to exit and re-enter to try again.

When Sigryn hits 19% you win.

Demonology Warlock
    Writhing shared some helpful tips for defeating the encounter.
    Talents - Demonic Calling / Improved Dreadstalkers / Demonic Circle / Power Trip / Demon Skin / Grimoire of Supremacy / Summon Darkglare
    Pet - Doomguard
    Legendaries - None mandatory.

This fight has no phases, just a large number of mechanics which must be managed correctly in order to succeed.

Main Boss: Will begin channeling an AoE ability that will kill you almost immediately. You MUST crowd control her either by fear or stun to stop this damage. She will also throw spears which create pools of fel on the ground, but these can be ignored.

Axe-Thrower: Will begin fixating on you and will melee you for extreme amounts of damage, do not let him get close during this ability. He will also begin channeling a whirlwind which will pull you in and kill you very quickly, you must run out of range of this.

Caster: Will begin channeling a spell which cannot be interrupted until you break her damage shield (save TKC for breaking this shield). You must interrupt this ability.

General fight mechanics: 3 runes will spawn on the floor in varying sizes that must be ran over to negate. Prioritize running over the smaller ones as they will expire first and do massive damage. Additionally, a wall of Valkyrs will spawn in a random direction around the arena, stand where the gap is to avoid damage. Small glowing golden orbs will spawn around the area which will give you free health and can be used should you accidentally miss a mechanic. The main difficutly of this fight is that many mechanics overlap or time to be one after another. There are no important DPS checks or burn windows, this fight is simply attrition. After a certain number of mechanics have been dealt with, the bosses will no longer cast special abilities aside from the caster's shield and ability which must be interrupted.

Enhancement Shaman
    WARSTORMS shared some helpful tips for defeating the encounter.

To defeat this encounter I used Sephus's Secret and Roots of Shalladrissil. I honestly believe that the encounter would be a lot harder without a healing legendary.

My Item level is 900, with 4pc tier. My armory is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...derfall/simple

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Set Sigryn on Focus, she will remain there for the remainder of the encounter. You will be hexing her when she goes demo mode.

IF you need a focus macro, here is one for you
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@focus] Hex

Step 2: Copy the talents @0:15 seconds. Use healing rain on cooldown, you'll need all the passive healing you can get here, as there is no enrage timer.

Step 3: Cleave down Sigryn and the caster together until the Axe guy enrages. Cap angry axe man and wait for runes to spawn.

Step 4. Kite angry axe dewd around the room while you clear two sets of runes. Stack the mobs back together and hack away.

Step 5. As the second runes spawn. Use the focus hex macro to mitigate damage from demo-mode Sigryn. Stack minor mobs and cleave

Step 6. Save Doomwinds for the shield. You might have to burst it down while he's standing in a void zone.

Step 7. Save Cap for blade storm or enrage.

Step 8. Watch for Valks

Step 9. Watch for Valks

Step 10. Watch for Valks....

Step 11. When the fell begins to ramp up and you can no longer comfortably cleave down the shields, re-hex Sigryn. She will continue to call valks but she wont throw the spear. This makes the remainder significantly easier and will allow you to finish the encounter without much hassle.

Congrats on your new weapon skin!

Assassination Rogue
    Won7on shared some helpful tips for defeating the encounter. Cronovey also shared some tips.

There are 3 mobs, which share health (supposedly). Sigryn has to reach 20% for the fight to end.

Basic mechanics:
    • Jarl Velbrand melees you for a little bit, and throws spinning axes that deal about 500k
    • Runeseer Faljar casts Shadowbolts for about 100k, and puts some fel pools on the ground that tick for about 400k every 0.5 seconds if you stand in them.
    • Sigryn occasionally does a knockback ability on you.
    • Golden yellow orbs periodically drop in the arena. I think these heal, but I didn't really need to use them.
    • 3 shadowy runes periodically spawn. They shrink in size over time, and when they shrink to zero, they explode for about 3 million damage. Running over the runes makes them disappear without taking any damage.
    • As an Assassination Rogue, I got a buff that reduced Blind's cooldown to 30 seconds (and its duration to 35 seconds).

Empower:
    • Sigryn periodically empowers one of the enemies (she can empower herself).
    • Empowered Jarl gains a BIG damage buff (500% or so) but reduced movement speed. Kite, or facetank using something like Evasion.
    • Empowered Runeseer gains a 5M absorb shield, and starts a 20-second cast that, once completed, performs a massive AoE nuke that will probably 1-shot you. The cast is uninterruptible while the shield holds. Either break the shield and interrupt him, or just use an immunity right before the cast completes.
    • Empowered Sigryn continuously pulses massive unavoidable damage for 20 seconds. This is where I used Blind, which stopped her from doing the damage.

Later mechanics:
    • Eventually, walls of Dark Val'kyr appear and, after a few seconds, rush across the arena, dealing lethal damage. Find the gap in the wall and stand in it.
    • Jarl performs a Bladestorm ability that slowly pulls you towards him. If you're in melee range, it deals about 900k Physical damage per second. Run against this to avoid being sucked into melee range.

Retribution Paladin
    Wutangrza shared some tips for Ret Paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    I would strongly recommend the following talent build:
    Final Verdict, The Fires of Justice, Repentance, Blade of Wrath, Justicar's Vengeance, Divine Intervention (debatable, Cavalier may be better, move speed is so key in this), and Divine Purpose.

Here's the general strat: Before the fight, make sure you have a food buff, kings, wisdom, and a flask on yourself. Pre-pot the pull, wings + drums + cleave everything down as hard as you can (they share health pools). It's basically 3man Patchwerk till they start using their abilities.

Melee mob: When he enrages, you should HoJ him, then hand of hindrance him to snare and kite till his enrage is gone. Run out when he does bladestorm.

Sigryn: You must repentance her when she does blood of her ancestors.

Caster mob: When he shields himself, stop AoE'ing and ST him down to break his shield then interrupt his cast.

Other mechanics:

* You must run over the shrinking runes when they appear. Start with the smallest ones first.

* Pay attention when the dark valkyr come, it's like the ghosts on VotW--you must find the hole and stand in it to not get one shot.

* Gold orbs heal you, run over them when needed.

Generic tips:

* Cleave when you can, DS on two or more targets is always better than TV. Dump your Divine Purpose procs into either more divine storms, or if you need healing, justicar's vengeance.

* DPS isn't that important overall, you can sustain forever with this talent build. The biggest thing that will kill you is lack of movement speed. I think the best legendaries for this would honestly be Aggramar's and Sephuz. I really strongly debated using cavalier because I honestly think it'd be more useful than auto-bubble to deal with the thing that will wipe you multiple times even after you've gotten good at the fight, and that is runes + valks at the same time. If you don't have a speed up, this will cause you to bubble.

Other than that, just keep sustaining and repeating. It's a long fight. Good luck!
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-04-04 at 08:03 PM.

Tried this as Ret Paladin and without some kind of buff it is pretty challenging at the moment. I thought the golden heal orbs was our "buff" but seems all the classes get it. Also, having a hard time with Repentance (after talenting it) either going immune or breaking somehow before CD is up.

Wondering if it needs to be adjusted for Ret or not, especially considering it's the only class I haven't seen anyone beat it with yet.

i beat the Ret one today, took me less than an hour. I suggest you find Quin69 on twitch and watch his video on how he did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly geared enough for enhance but I'm looking forward to doing this when I am. I really want that skin.

Took me 7 attempts on my assassin rogue. Used prydaz combined with leeching poison for extra survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waitin' on the Retribution Guide...
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Still waitin' on the Retribution Guide...
    Ret guides are up on the paladin forums on the WoW forums, and on here, and also on the Paladin discord. They aren't hard to find if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakelia View Post
    i beat the Ret one today, took me less than an hour. I suggest you find Quin69 on twitch and watch his video on how he did it.
    Alright, instead of saying you beat it how about listing pointers? Currently I'm running into issues of either the mob going CC immune or something, or it'll randomly break even though nothing is even close to it. Shouldn't also have to need to rely on a single talent to help with the encounter and should be more centered around the toolkit itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Tried this as Ret Paladin and without some kind of buff it is pretty challenging at the moment. I thought the golden heal orbs was our "buff" but seems all the classes get it. Also, having a hard time with Repentance (after talenting it) either going immune or breaking somehow before CD is up.

Wondering if it needs to be adjusted for Ret or not, especially considering it's the only class I haven't seen anyone beat it with yet.
    Tried as ret also, using the above strat, got owned so badly lol
    think I will wait till ive done argus and hit max Ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Tried as ret also, using the above strat, got owned so badly lol
    think I will wait till ive done argus and hit max Ilvl
    Yeah, I'm at 880 and they just wreck through my health even with me stepping over runes and slowing the one down.

880 is probably too low, the lowest I've heard of beating the Ret one so far is 895. 890 is probably doable with flask/food/drums and perfect execution, maybeee down to 885 but that's stretching it and requiring multiple perfect attempts imo.

Oh hey, that's my video (Rogue). I made some mistakes in the original description because I thought the golden orbs knock you back. Actually it seems like they heal you and Sigryn does the knockback. As you can see in the video, it was pretty forgiving at 907 item level with a Prydaz, definitely the easiest of the class challenges and our spec is pretty good for it with Leeching Poison.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Quote Originally Posted by Crackalackin View Post
    880 is probably too low, the lowest I've heard of beating the Ret one so far is 895. 890 is probably doable with flask/food/drums and perfect execution, maybeee down to 885 but that's stretching it and requiring multiple perfect attempts imo.
    Probably is, but won't stop me from still bashing my head against the wall :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Alright, instead of saying you beat it how about listing pointers? Currently I'm running into issues of either the mob going CC immune or something, or it'll randomly break even though nothing is even close to it. Shouldn't also have to need to rely on a single talent to help with the encounter and should be more centered around the toolkit itself.
    the add should not be going cc immune u only cast repentance when she says "for the blood of my father"
    u dont reaply it until she says it again
    second remember ur divine storm goes forward and Wake of Ashes has a fig ass range so try to make it so u arent even facing her
    and also dont run Divine Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by AoinoMiku View Post
    the add should not be going cc immune u only cast repentance when she says "for the blood of my father"
    second remember ur divine storm goes forward and Wake of Ashes has a fig ass range so try to make it so u arent even facing her
    If only 880 then there's probably too much damage going out leaving Sigryn un-CC'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackalackin View Post
    If only 880 then there's probably too much damage going out leaving Sigryn un-CC'd.
    nop
    the melle damage is super low
    that fight is just mechanics and placement a bit of a dps check maybe but should be ez to do at 880

nop
    the melle damage is super low
    that fight is just mechanics and placement a bit of a dps check maybe but should be ez to do at 880
    In no way shape or form is it remotely "easy" at 880. The shield dps checks with Valks every 25 sec alone will require perfect play and decent crit rng to handle. The melee dmg is not low either, even keeping Sig cc'd most of the fight I had to heal for over 40 million not including absorbs (mostly from auto attacks). Other Ret's who have completed it in the 885-895 range have said the same, JV required, DS/JoL healing negligible, 12+ minute long fight that's just a sustain battle that turns into a series of dps checks to break the shields.
    Last edited by Crackalackin; 2017-04-04 at 04:31 AM.

I get that, but when I divine storm it's basically the opposite direction of Sigryn so I know I don't hit him, same for ashes. As for Divine Hammer, I don't ever run it. Simply because I hate the feel of it altogether, I like Blade of Wrath being used from range especially if I'm running old stuff with a friend. I could respec back and forth, but half the time I forget about it.

Yeah, I only cast it when he does that. I've also tried keeping it up on him most of the fight to eliminate him like some of the classes do.

Just did this at 891 Assassination, ran Prydaz+Will of Valeera and 1133111 talents. Used all the consumables I could (+500 agi feast, rune, flask, and 2 prolonged pots). If you don't have both of those legendaries you probably want to run Leeching Poison over Cheat Death--I only ran these 2 legendaries because I don't have any DPS legendaries =/

Of the mechanics, I was able to pretty much ignore everything that wasn't a wipe mechanic (insta kill mechanics: blood of the father, dark wings, bladestorm, berserker's rage, runic detonation, ancestral knowledge), which let me run Cheat Death just in case I fucked up.

Ancestral Knowledge is the biggest problem a lower ilvl player will have, if it weren't for this, as long as you handle the other mechanics properly and can outheal the rest of the damage, you could be doing 10 DPS and be okay. At my ilvl I always saved a cooldown for this (one of kingsbane, vendetta, pot, drums), and tried to conserve cloak in case I couldn't deal with it. Without one of these, it is far too reliant on crit/poison bomb RNG to deal with. If you don't think you can deal with one, you can cloak it (you can also cloak one to push for a kill). I'm not sure if Feint reduces the damage from this, but if it does you could barely tank it with that. To make sure I was always ready to push damage, I made sure to keep Garrote, Rupture, and a 5 stack of AP on the runeseer, even if that meant Rupture and AP fell off the other 2 enemies.

This is probably doable at an even lower ilvl (I never had to use cheat death and I only cloaked a kill mechanic to push the boss to 20%) but it would be pretty rough and would require pretty much perfectly itemized gear and amazing play
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2017-04-04 at 07:10 AM.

I did this in 7 attempts as a Ret, I didn't use repentance though. I was able to HoJ Sigryn's casts and slow/kite the melee add during his enrage easily enough. I also took JoL for the healing. All in all, this felt a bit easy. I listened to my guild mates in discord detailing out their challenges just thinking that mine could have been a lot harder.