Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The amount of shield is getting out of hand

So, I genuinely hope Doomfist carries with him a fist of doom that evaporates shields, because the powercreep is getting up there, Rein, Symmetra Orisa can between them alternate shields for 4,000 absorbtion, add in a winston for good measure and you're never getting through those chokes unless you go full yolo-dive, this problem is only going to get worse as more heroes are released.

WTB Shield blaster?

feel like they exist alrdy. orisa kinda rips through shields herself, bastion, roadhog, dva etc. depends on what the rest of your team is doing also...

10+ Year Old Account
    Want a shield blaster?

Play Sombra. Ult and watch the shields evaporate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Want a shield blaster?

Eh. I'd say if your counter option is an ult, then you might need better options.

10+ Year Old Account
    a shockwave punch that insta breaks shields (not reins though, maybe does half its hp in dmg, since his has no CD and has to recharge, not just come off CD. orj ust 1000 shield damage

And disables robotics? all turrets, teleporters and shield gens temporarily?

If Blizz agrees that shields are a problem (and I haven't seen any indication that they do) then I think a solution would be to let ults charge at a reduced rate against shields. Maybe even tune it per-hero; low-or-zero benefit for heroes who already do well against shields, like Bastion, and higher for people who are shut down by them.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

7+ Year Old Account
    If you add a "shield-buster" type hero in game, he will be 100% mandatory for just about every game, which imo is not very well thought out or fun. A reinhardt is suppose to create a line that needs to be bursted down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If you add a "shield-buster" type hero in game, he will be 100% mandatory for just about every game, which imo is not very well thought out or fun. A reinhardt is suppose to create a line that needs to be bursted down.
    Yeah, but...Reinhardt is already pretty much mandatory...

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see shields as much of an issue. Burst through them. Even a Reinhardt shield drops real fast with focus fire.

The only reason you SHOULDN'T be bursting it down with your team's focus fire is if you've got better shots at enemies not protected, in which case the shield really isn't helping them anyway. If a Reinhardt shield is up and you're playing Soldier and you're running around looking for a target rather than shooting the shield, you're not performing as well as you could be. Shoot the shield and scan during reloads/use peripheral vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next day you'll complain that amount of bullets is getting out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was annoyed the second i saw orissa and winston being played together dropping shields everywhere

this game sucks so much dick when there aren't good dps on your team and everyone at your rating sees heroes as characters instead of weapons

every little thing they add to the game makes me resent the playerbase more and more

Although with all the shields this might allow more differences in team comps. You could have teams with ALL THE SHIELDS or you could have teams that go around shields, etc. I well placed Sombra could be devastating to shield teams. It'll be interesting to see where this all goes.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Want a shield blaster?

Or symmetra and spam alt fire.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i was annoyed the second i saw orissa and winston being played together dropping shields everywhere

this game sucks so much dick when there aren't good dps on your team and everyone at your rating sees heroes as characters instead of weapons

every little thing they add to the game makes me resent the playerbase more and more
    Then play with your friends instead of randoms and try not to take life so seriously in a video game, especially if youre playing solo..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    Although with all the shields this might allow more differences in team comps. You could have teams with ALL THE SHIELDS or you could have teams that go around shields, etc. I well placed Sombra could be devastating to shield teams. It'll be interesting to see where this all goes.
    This is the upside to Orisa. Instantly changed the meta from the awful 3 tank 2 support dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Eh. I'd say if your counter option is an ult, then you might need better options.
    Using an ult to break through a choke is by any measure a good use. Also not all ults are equal, Sombra's charges hella fast. It isn't like sound barrier where you get 2 a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    a shockwave punch that insta breaks shields (not reins though, maybe does half its hp in dmg, since his has no CD and has to recharge, not just come off CD. orj ust 1000 shield damage

And disables robotics? all turrets, teleporters and shield gens temporarily?
    That would be overpowered as hell.

There's only really one shield that's strong, and that's Reinhardt's. The rest can either be ripped through, or ignored because they're stationary.

Making some ultimates go THROUGH barriers might be somewhat okay though. Thinking like Zarya's Graviton Surge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orisa, D.Va, Winsten, Symmetra, Zarya, Mei, Reinhardt. Take one or two out and put in a healer. Shields everywhere
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Orisa, D.Va, Winsten, Symmetra, Zarya, Mei, Reinhardt. Take one or two out and put in a healer. Shields everywhere
    What about a shielded healer? Everyone in my bubble of heals now!!
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    What about a shielded healer? Everyone in my bubble of heals now!!
    shh dont give them ideas xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    shh dont give them ideas xD
    Overwatch totally needs a disco priest